(Adventure) M1: Goblin Ears and the MTG (dpdx judging) COMPLETED

Manzanita

First Post
Anyone who goes to the Eastern Caravan rendevous point the morning after the goblin ears posting sees a caravan preparing to depart. There are three wagons, several pack horses, and 6 mounted, armed guards. A well dressed man in scarlet with a hawkish nose is striding around barking orders. He sees you approach and asks "Artemus Trent at your service. May I help you?"

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene walks in after Charlarn, "Hi Artemus, you mind me calling you Artemus?" Irene smiles friendly to the man standing before her. "I think the question is how we can be of service to you, is it not?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan Naibi, male human bard 1

The large dark-skinned man who shows up next will be recognized by those who were at the Red Dragon Inn the previous night as the bard Nurlan. He looks a little disheveled (he's not a morning person) but still somewhat enthusiastic. "Hello, you must be Artemus Trent", he says to the caravan leader. "I'm here with them" (pointing to Charlarn and Irene). Surprisingly, for once he doesn't sing anything.

Manzanita

First Post
Artemis Trent

"Ah, my task? Oh, you mean the bounty on the Jebi goblins. Well, I am a citizen of Monemvasia, so I'm in this as much as anyone. More, perhaps, being a merchant. I do happen to have a little room on a wagon here, so if you want a ride to Monemvasia, then you're welcome to come along, no charge. We'll be leaving soon. Do you think there are any others who will be wanting to come? And Mr. Trent is preferable, thank you, young lady."

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn Glimmersight, elven diviner 1

Tenebrynn joins the others a little out of breath. Seeing their contact already there he says, "Oh sorry I'm late! Just wanted to try and read up on we are going last night and got a little carried away. Ah hello, Mr. Trent, morning Irene, Nurlan, and Charlarn. Got my journal and pens ready just like you suggested."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

Charlarn looks at the others. "Good morning to you all. A perfect day to start an adventure." He smiles at Tenebrynn, "Excellent! I always have some something to write with when I travel as well."

With that, the gloryroader turns to Trent, "Mr. Trent, I believe we are all here."

(OOC: If I missed anyone, please post.)

Manzanita

First Post
Mr. Trent

Artemus Trent lets his gaze linger on the small group. A lightly armed halfling and short pale elf. Two men, also relatively lightly armed. "You are aware the Jebli are a viscious bunch. But I suppose you have other talents besides your weapons. In any case, there might be others you could team up with, if you're really going to go out there." He bows. "I am in your debt for volunteering to help our people. Please let me know if there is anything you need. If you're all here, let's board the wagon & get going."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Our mission then is to hunt these Jebli goblins. Where abouts are they going to be? I am not sure that I am prepared for camping out of doors for a long time." Tenebrynn says, then looks to his companions, "What do you guys think I should pack? I have my book and a few candles, but I suppose some food and maybe somewhere to sleep would be appropriate."

Tenebrynn asks for a few minutes to grab somethings from the adventurer's goods store, specifically a bedroll, a waterskin, and 5 days of trail rations. If there are any other suggestions then he may add those as well before returning to Mr. Trent well prepared and looking hideously overstocked for their journey.

Manzanita

First Post
The Journey

You may all modify your equipment lists at this point.

As you travel, Telebryn & Nurlan manage to piece together the following information about Monemvasia. (Bardic knowledge or Knowledge (history or geography) DC 10)

Several generations ago, a human Eldrich knight, Nolan Northrup, aided the local dwarf princes in slaying the Black Dragon Asphetoon. In return, these Dwarves allowed him to start a kingdom on the Great Boulder of Monemvasia. They also gave him a magical sword they had forged, called the Sword of Truth. This sword, besides its formidable combat abilities, could also cause all in its presence to tell only the truth. This enabled Northrup to become a great arbitrator of disputes, as well as warlord.

All went well in Monemvasia for many generations of men. Monemvasia occupied an important position in various trade routes. Its deep natural harbor, rich fisheries, lush orchards, affiliation with dwarves, and natural defenses made it very prosperous.

However in the last few years, trouble has started. Upon the death of King Jara, great, great, great grandson of Nolan Northrup, his eldest son Crassus took the throne. For whatever reason, there was great discontent upon his assention. Most of the ruling family subsequently fled, and Crassus has not been seen using the power of the Sword of Truth. There are rumors of humanoid alliances, evil rituals, and increased arbitrary arrest and execution. Nonetheless, Monemvasia remains an important and wealthy city, and a great amount of trade is conducted through it.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases