Sins of Our Fathers II - New Art Uploaded - 1/25

WizarDru

Adventurer
Destan said:
I sometimes get the feeling I'm not running my bad guys as well as I should - when we start talking about CR17+ baddies, they have a lot of options at their disposal. The amount of required preparation for adventures has skyrocketed, of late.
I feel your pain...but at least you actually manage to kill your PCs. ;)

Mind you, it seems a long way from the Great Ulfe in "Forge of Fury" to the baddies I throw at a high-level party today.

Maladrac

First Post
WizarDru said:
I feel your pain...but at least you actually manage to kill your PCs. ;)

Yeah, some of us twice in short order. In this last session we had a newly introduced PC live for all of a half an hour.

Destan talks about how hard it is to run the monsters at these levels, but I have to admit- I have trouble just running a single character at this level, especially when I try something stupid like 'multi-classing'. There are so many different powers, feats, bonuses, modifiers, and special abilities I'm always forgetting something in the heat of battle (usually to my demise). My helm's off to anyone who can DM a campaign where the characters are 17th level. I know I couldn't.

the late john of pell

Lela

First Post
My last campaign ended at 17th level. I had one (one!) bad guy who was a major challenge, along with plenty of fodder and high AC/high HP shock troopers.

I couldn't keep track of just one of the BBEG's feats and it cost him the battle. (Which, according to my players, is a good thing. Yeah, I know, they're weird. ;) )

pogre

Legend
grodog said:
That said, if you collectively don't feel that this SH is the proper place to discuss publishing Destan's books, I'd be happy to shift discussion over to the Rogue's Gallery thread, or to start another one elsewhere (General Discussion??).

This may not be the place to discuss the book, but it certainly is the place to get people excited for it. How? Updates every day until GenCon! Update after update - show us the grim and wooly world of Valus through the PCs' adventures. You owe to the company Destan - get busy!

I can talk, becauseI updated my SH after a month long hiatus ;)

Last edited:

Whitey

First Post
All of us have gotten in a situation like this, one time or another.

Maybe there's a new player in the group. Maybe it's someone at the FGS or a con. Maybe it's some poser internet poster.

You know how it goes. They go on and on and on, about just how great their campaign is, or what a hotshot hero they're running, or how this and that house rule makes the sun shine. Our boy Ryan 'Biggie' Smalley can just lean over on that table and go, 'yeah, got something just like that in my published setting. You've got a published setting too, right? Right?' :D

Congrats to Destan, and to all the heroes of the Valus, past, present, and future. Bravery's mantle is now on your shoulders.

grodog

Hero
Whitey said:
Our boy Ryan 'Biggie' Smalley can just lean over on that table and go, 'yeah, got something just like that in my published setting. You've got a published setting too, right? Right?' :D

I imagine that Ryan's too nice to be quite so in-your-face, even to a poser. GenCon will surely put him to the test, though :]

edit: Ryan, how about an update? :D

Last edited:

Old One

First Post
Thankee!

Mucho thanks to Destan and the folks from Different Worlds! I just got back from an extended business trip to find a lovely item in my mail pile. It is taking all of my limited willpower not to stay up all night reading it...

My initial skim tells me it is quality through and through...looking forward to a deeper read...

~ Old One

PS - I am sure Destan wouldn't be mean to anyone...he did graduate from the 2nd most important military school in the US, after all :p! That's right, goat-boy...mule-man is here ;)!

Remove ads