Sins of Our Fathers II - New Art Uploaded - 1/25

Tellerve

woohoo great update, I agree with the palpable anger Raylin had going on there. Although I as well thought there might be a fight I'm glad there wasn't, as I dunno if Raylin could have taken a demon with just an unlit torch and some pent up anger.

Tellerve

Lela

First Post
Destan said:
“And yet you allow him to leave this place.”

“I do.”

“I believe you have erred, Your Grace.”
I'm with Kellus on this one. Don't let demons start killing your priests and do nothing in response. It's bad for business.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Lela said:
I'm with Kellus on this one. Don't let demons start killing your priests and do nothing in response. It's bad for business.
In the Valus, a good man doesn't suffer demons, but a wise man cuts his losses.

Lela

First Post
Yes, I agree. No weapons, few (if any) spells, powerful demon. It's not exactly the right time.

Makes for a great recuring villin.

thebitdnd

First Post
Lela said:

This was and still is one of the most memorable epsiodes of the campaign thus far for me. We had wrapped up our little session around the table with John dead and both Raylin and I (Kellus) incapacitated. Destan figured the best thing to do at that point was to sort it all out by e-mail. Since John's player needed to roll up a back-up, it sounded like a good idea.

All of this happened via PBEM. Destan wrote me a little blurb on the Priest coming in and giving me his news that Anar was a traitor. It didn't wash with me for several reasons. I had detected no evil, the guy seemed helpful enough, and in the 15 or so years I've played with Destan, it would just like Destan to send me to kill a shining example of goodness under false pretenses. Perhaps the last was a bit of metagaming, but it did factor into my desire to attempt to disbelieve the man before me.

I wrote Destan back and requested an attempt to disbelieve. In the same e-mail, I then proceeded to issue my reply to his email thinking 'I'm probably just being paranoid, so I'll answer his post as if things are on the up-and-up.'

Destan then e-mailed me back with the picture he posted of the Feratu and said: "This is what Kellus sees. I assume you want to change your response?"

All I remember thinking is "Oh s :eek: :eek: t!"

After that, all I wanted to do was be able to talk myself out of that room alive. I harbored no heroic thoughts of bringing him down given no armor, weapons, or spells. As it turns out, we later encounter this guy again (as you may have suspected), and he wasn't all that tough toe-to-toe. But given that ghastly picture with no real knowledge of the beastie, suffice it to say I was scared even if Kellus, wayward priest of Helm, wasn't.

As far as Archbishop Mariadon letting him waltz out of the temple? I'm still a bit flummoxed about that one...

And let me just say that while this little exchange was good, there are a few more in Kellus' future that blow this one away. Destan is good at evoking stunned looks at the gaming table. His writing is superb, but his DMing is inspired. I wish everyone could just once have a DM as creative as he is. (Destan, XP?) But there are two things I learned long ago with Destan:

1. Never provide him with a character background he can use to his advantage later.

2. Never provide him with words from your PC's mouth he can turn back around on you later.

Unfortunately in Kellus' case, I ignored both those lessons. But those updates are still quite far away. :\

Dakkareth

First Post
True to my lurking ways I've refrained from posting ... but I'm still reading this story hour and it never ceases to amaze me. It's just grandiose.

One tidbit to convey my opinion ... for over a month I had refused to read Sins of our Fathers 1 since the topic said, that it was 'the final update' :(. With your publishing about the world it looked as if it was over for good ... but I didn't want it to end! :confused: So I averted my eyes whenever they came across the old thread until I saw the continuing thread and knew, that it was not over. What a relief :)

Please do not do this to me again. Write 'chapter concluded' or something like that, but nothing about *ending*. ;)

-Dakkareth

Nasma

First Post
Destan said:
Where once there had been a wall, now there was an open archway. Janul - quite unnecessarily - announced as much. “Behold," he murmured, "where once there was wall, now there is an archway. As is written.”
LOL :)

Destan said:
the Shadu Planoth
Excuse my ignorance, but where is that?

Remove ads