Sins of Our Fathers II - New Art Uploaded - 1/25

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
Nasma said:
Excuse my ignorance, but where is [the Shadu Planoth]?

Sorry about that. It's really just a simple word convention. Planoth means "plane of" so Shadu Planoth is the "Plane of Shadows." Brilliant, no?

The Plane of Shadows, in Ostia Prim, is coterminous with the other planes. All colors and hues are muted, of course, and the sky is streaked with eternal twilight. There's no vegetation - but the shadows of trees and such from the Material Plane do exist (so one can do passably well gauging their relative position on the Material Plane as they travel across the Shadu Planoth). Same thing with structures - no buildings exist on the Shadu Planoth, but the shadows cast by their real world counterparts are evident. The oceans of Shadu are deserts of gray sand-waves "frozen" in an instant in time. For this reason, those who can access the Shadu Planoth often do so in order to march across large bodies of water (which the PC's in this campaign eventually do).

Ostia Prim has the Havanu Planoth as well, which - predictably - is the Plane of Heavens. In this campaign, the spirits of "good" people go to Havanu, the abode of (all) the gods. Havanu is inviolate - folks cannot plane shift or otherwise travel to Havanu (without dying, of course). I wanted to have a plane of existence that remained sacrosanct - I'm not much of a fan of PC's plane-hoppin' wily-nily. I don't know why.

In the end, the PC's can (and do) engage in planar travel. But the cosmos itself is revealed much in the way old computer RPG's revealed the map as one explored across the screen. The planes are confusing, ambiguous, and largely misunderstood. Makes it easier for me to "plop down" new ones as the campaign progresses. :)

Long answer to a short question. Hope that helps.

As always, thanks for the questions, the bumps, and the feedback.

D

Nasma

First Post
Destan,
i was reading through the original sins thread, and found the update about the lone warrior fighting demons, and the monks drinking poison. Would you be able to tell me if we are about to find out what Martinicus was doing, and the purpose of the mass suicide, or is it still a while off? (or have we already found out, but i've missed it)

Also, how many words is this story up to now?

Oh yeah, BUMP

Last edited:

Maladrac

First Post
a long way off

Nasma said:
Destan,
i was reading through the original sins thread, and found the update about the lone warrior fighting demons, and the monks drinking poison. Would you be able to tell me if we are about to find out what Martinicus was doing, and the purpose of the mass suicide, or is it still a while off? (or have we already found out, but i've missed it)

It's still a LONG while off. That's one thing I said about Destan way back at the beginning; his patience is maddening. Finding out about the 'lone warrior' was probably the most dramatic event for me in this entire campaign, but I'll give no spoilers (don't want to face the wrath of Destan). Let's just say it's a very long way off. And as for Martinicus, heh, we players still don't know who he is. (Unless some of you Olgatha Brothers are keeping secrets.)

FYI, Destan is out of town for a bit. He won't be back for another week or so, but rest assured, I'll be hounding him for another update as soon as he returns.

Maladrac,
The artist formerly known as;
John of Pell

Nasma

First Post
Maladrac, would you be able to tell us when your next character appears? Or perhaps what class he is? Any info would be great, provided that revealing it doesn't invoke the wrath of Destan :)
Thanks in advance.

Maladrac

First Post
If only I could...

Nasma said:
Maladrac, would you be able to tell us when your next character appears? Or perhaps what class he is? Any info would be great, provided that revealing it doesn't invoke the wrath of Destan :)
Thanks in advance.

*sigh* I wish I could tell you all about my next character. He is far and away, my favorite character ever, in my whole 25 year roleplaying career. Waiting for his introduction to the party in this SH has been a lot like waiting for Christmas but not knowing on what day it's coming. Ugh.

BUT, I'm fairly certain giving out much info would evoke one of those trademarked "Destan glares" that means the next demon the party faces will be singling me out of the crowd.

Let's have some fun with it. See if any of you can guess who are John and Asmellysan's 'replacements'. I'll give you a hint- you've already met them both.

As for Vath, sadly, his most excellent player, Brandon, couldn't make the next few sessions, but his seat was happily filled by my younger brother, Mark. So his character will also be thrown in to the mix in an update or two.

Vaclava!
The Ghost of John

Nasma

First Post
Maladrac said:
Let's have some fun with it. See if any of you can guess who are John and Asmellysan's 'replacements'. I'll give you a hint- you've already met them both.

I'll take a completely random guess: Moril and Anar?

neg

Explorer
Sis of Our Fathers is back?!

Destan is posting to his story hour again?

Sweeeet!

That must mean the book is coming soon huh? What is the official name Destan? I have to have it near me when I read future story hours.

Wonderful writing and plotting continues, thanks for again displaying your talent. I am telling you, you write a novel, I can suggest some publishers...

Like most I anxiously await the return of Vath and the intoroduction of new characters. Reading your updates makes me miss John of Pell something terrible.

Keep it coming.

Best-
neg
John Edwards

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
Nasma said:
I'll take a completely random guess: Moril and Anar?

You're 1 for 2. :)

Sorry to be the one who tells you mate, but Vath's dead.

I think he meant Vath's player, who rejoins us after a couple sessions. Actually, quite a long time passes before Vath/Brandon comes back into the fray, unfortunately.

I'm still with very intermittent net access, but things should get back to normal within a couple weeks.

Wheeeeee,
D

Remove ads