Non-Iconics Adventure. Dungeon of the Fire Opal Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyG

First Post
This thread continues the non-iconics adventure from the old board.

We're presently running a modified version of "Dungeon of the Fire Opal" from a Dungeon magazine whose number I don't remember right now.

This is an in-character thread, which means that only the current players can post here. Any comment by non-players will have me asking a moderator to delete it.

Everybody is welcome to read the adventure and comment in the out-of-character (OOC) thread, which will be up shortly.

When the old boards are running in read-only mode again, I'll post links to the first part of the adventure here.

Enjoy !

HeavyG

First Post
The adventure starts again...

--The village of Branmarch--

-Foothills of the Giant's Run mountains (or something like that)-

-The Dragon Coast, Faerun-

It rained. In fact, it poured.

Inside the village inn, many villagers are gathered, taking shelter from the weather outside, drinking, eating, and sharing jokes and songs.

In a corner of the inn's taproom, a group of five exceptional individuals, are huddled around a table much too small to accomodate all of them. They are battered and sore after a morning fighting undead, demons and a dragon, and enjoying a respite from the violence, and from the weather.

As they sit around chatting or relaxing, maybe enjoying a warm meal and a cold beer, two other individuals join them. A woman and a man, both human. They sit down and order something from the young barmaid.

"I see you've all made it here. Did anything happen while we were buying supplies?" Kytess says, looking at Ivellios and Ubaar.

Last edited:

reapersaurus

First Post
Re: The adventure starts again...

HeavyG said:
"I see you've all made it here. Did anything happen while we were buying supplies?" Kytess says, looking at Ivellios and Ubaar.
"Ya, something happened!
Me and Ivellios were just agreeing on how much a$$ we kicked!

Why?
What were you expecting?"
*dumb look, while gulping a flagon of stout, bitter ale*

Kytess

First Post
reapersaurus said:
"Ya, something happened!
Me and Ivellios were just agreeing on how much a$$ we kicked!

Why?
What were you expecting?"
*dumb look, while gulping a flagon of stout, bitter ale*

"I see."

Kytess looks up at Ubaar, down at his drink, and back up to Ubaar. Drawing the obvious conclusion, she reminds herself that this is why she doesn't drink...

Last edited:

reapersaurus

First Post
Blissfully ignorant of any possible nuance of disapproval Kytess may have manifested, Ubaar bouyantly asks the fighter, "So, Kytess!

You wanna throw back a pint?
You fought like a demon in that pit - you wanna blow off some steam?"

Murhid

First Post
They sit down and order something from the young barmaid
Murhid asks for some hot tea. (And pays for what ever the price is)

Once received, Murhid drinks it quietly and warms his hands with the emanating heat. While drinking Murhid scans over the villagers and 'sizes things up' a little.

He then turns his attention to the group "So for how many days are we planning to stay?" he asks, and then looks down towards his tea.

reapersaurus

First Post
Kytess said:
"Thanks, Ubaar, but I don't take strong drink. I've... learned."
"But Ubaar has learned that sometimes strong drink can be helpful in bat-tle.

Ubaar remembers one time, up in the North, when I breathed on this uppity elf who was trying to get in Ubaar's face.

The elf got sick, and decided it wasn't worth continuing ...

...good thing, too, as it saved him a beating. "
*Ubaar flashes the toothy grin*

"Ivellios here is nice and down-to-earth.
He a cool elf!"

Ubaar clunks his mug with Ivellios if he's close, and asks,
"Ivellios - you wann another mug?" as Ubaar drains the last of his glass, tilting back and leaving a bit on his chin.

Kytess

First Post
Kytess grimaces as Ubaar drains another mug.

"I lost two friends to the drink. Before their shift, we had a few drinks together; they both filled their flasks with the ale. During the long night, they fell into an intoxicated sleep."

Kytess pauses, refusing to show any emotion.

"They never woke up. It was that night that the orcs chose to send in a strike team, on some unknown mission. We killed them, but it was too late for my friends... death in the dark, by an orc-knife - the worst death."

"Do you know what? Not two days later, the orcs began a major offensive, killing another of my squad members. As he lay dying in my arms, and I cursed myself for my inability to save him, I smelled the very same demon on his lips."

Kytess' eyes snap into focus.

"Temperance has been my path; I’ve not had a drop to drink since."

reapersaurus

First Post
The inebriated half-orc wells up with emotion from Kytess' jarring words:

He bawls out - "AWWWWwwww Kytess!
Ubaarr's shooo sorry for your friends!
Wishes I was there to help stop bad-orcs...

I've had to do that before, you know -
fight bad orcs off.
Some orcs just too blinded by ole One-Eye to try a different way of life.

I soo sorry for you...
Here, can Ubaar give you a hug?

I find that when I'm faced with bad memories (like when people attack me for no reason, or assume I'm bad just 'cause my pappy was orc), you just gotta fluff it off, like you would a roundhouse punch in a brawl.

You gotta take what life gives you, and enjoy the good times.

Like now - I'm with good companions, I've got a good drink, and we've just had good fight against some bad people.

I think we should take these times in life to party and have a good time!

Wanna dance, Kyte?"

Ubaar tries to get her to move with him (hopefully after the hug ;) ) as he starts to drum on the table and then his knees as he stomps out a beat and starts to loudly bray out a popular work-song in the crowded inn.

OOC: Perform check, Heavy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases