Demon Hunters of Karameikos

Zerth

First Post
Janos the Pure
Male Human Paladin2/Sorcerer5 (Medium Humanoid)
Alignment:
Lawful Good

Str: 14 (+2) [14 base]
Dex: 13 (+1) [13 base]
Con: 14 (+2) [12 base, +2 belt]
Int: 10 (+0) [10 base]
Wis: 8 (-1) [8 base]
Cha: 18 (+4) [15 base, +1 level 4, +2 cloak]

Class and Racial Abilties:
Four extra skill points at initial level and one extra skill point per level thereafter, Bonus feat at level 1, aura of good, detect evil, smite evil 1/day, divine grace, lay on hands 8hp/day, summon familiar.

Hit Dice: 2d10 + 5d4 + 14
HP: 49
AC: 17 (+1 Dex, +5 armor, +1 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 16
Init: +1 (+1 Dex)
Speed: 30ft
Armor Check Penalty: None
Arcane Spell Failure: 10%

Saves:
Fortitude +9 [+3 Pal, +1 Sor, +1 Con, +4 Cha]
Reflex +6 [+1 Sor, +1 Dex, +4 Cha]
Will +7 [+4 Sor, -1 Wis, +4 Cha]

BAB/Grapple: +4/+6
Melee Atk: +7 (2d6+3, 19-20 x2, +1 Silver Greatsword) or +6 (1d8+2, x2, cold iron Morningstar)
Full Atk: +7 (2d6+3, 19-20 x2, +1 Silver Greatsword) or +6 (1d8+2, x2, cold iron Morningstar)
Ranged Atk: +5

Skills:
Concentration +10 [8 ranks, +2 Con]
Diplomacy +9 [5 ranks, +4 Cha]
Heal +4/+6 with healer's kit [5 ranks, -1 Wis]
Knowledge (arcana) +2 [2 ranks, +0 Int]
Knowledge (religion) +3 [3 ranks, +0 Int]
Listen -1 [0 ranks, -1 Wis] (+2 when familiar within arms reach)
Ride +3 [2 ranks, +1 Dex]
Speak Language [1 rank] (cc)
Spellcraft +3 [3 ranks, +0 Int]
Spot -1/+2 in bright light [0 ranks, -1 Wis] (+2 when familiar within arms reach)

Feats:
Dodge (human bonus)
Mobility (1st)
Power Attack (3rd)
Spring Attack (6th)

Languages: Thyatian, Celestial

Equipment: +1 Silver Greatsword, cold iron Morningstar, +1 Mithral Chain Shirt, Cloak of Charisma +2, Belt of health +2, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50), backpack, bedroll, blanket, waterskin, flint and steel, whetstone, healer's kit (10), 5 sunrods, holy water flask x2, oil of bless weapon x2, scroll of expeditious retreat x2, scroll of feather fall x2, traveler's outfit.

Money: 89gp

Sorcerer spells known: 6/4/2
cantrips - detect magic, detect poison, disrupt undead, light, read magic, prestidigitation
1st level - magic missile, protection from evil, shield, true strike
2nd level - bull's strength, scorching ray

Sorcerer spells per day: 6/7/5

Appearance:
Janos is 5'9'' and 175lb. He has a trimmed goatee and his brown hair is kept short. He wears white clothes under his well-made mithral shirt, that carries a Pelor's sun symbol on the chest. On his back is sheathed a beautiful silvered greatsword.

Background:
Janos was an unwanted child and her mother, a powerful noblewoman and a sorceress, abandoned him when he was still a baby. He was left to die in a forest, but a humble peasant found him and brought the baby to a temple of Pelor, where the clerics decided to take care of the child.

Janos grew up in the tutelage of Pelor's servants and so strong was his faith, that he received a calling from the Sun God himself and became a holy warrior. His prowess was noticed by the high officials of the church and the ruling nobility and he has accepted just quests, that promote the greater good by both instances.

His innate magical powers began to manifest themselves, when he was 20 years old. Janos of course doesn't know the true origin of his powers and thinks they are just one more tool given to him by the Sun God to help him fight evil. He considers himself first and foremost as a paladin even if his magical talent is far greater than his paladin abilities.

Familiar: Maximilian the hawk
Tiny Magical Beast
HP: 24 (half master's total)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 10ft, fly 60ft (average)
AC: 20 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +5 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 17
BAB/Grapple: +4/-6
Attack: Talons +9 melee (1d4-2)
SQ: Low-light vision, alertness, improved evasion, share spells, emphatic link, deliver touch spells, speak with master
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +2, Spot +14 (may use appropriate master's skills with own ability modifiers)
Feats: Weapon Finesse

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Solomon Kreel

Solomon Kreel
Male Half orc Rogue 3/Ranger 3/Barbarian 1
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Str 18
Dex 13 (15 w/gloves)
Con 12 (14 w/amulet)
Int 12
Wis 8
Cha 8

Hit Points 58 (6+12+2*4+3*6+14)
AC 16, Touch 12, Flat 16
Init +2
BAB +6, Grap +10
Speed 40”
Fort +9(+1+3+2+2+1), Ref +9(+3+3+0+2+1), Will +2(+1+1+0-1+1)

+11/+6 Melee, Greatsword, 2d6+7, 19/20/x2
+11/+6 Melee, Glaive, 1d10+6, 20, x3
+7/+7/+2 Ranged, Composite long bow, 1d8+5, 20/x3, 110'r (with rapid shot)

Sizecategory= medium, 6’3" tall, 230 pounds, 17 yrs old
Long black curly hair, grayish skin, blue eyes

Speaks Common, Orc, sign language

Skills (Rank for Rogue/Ranger/Brb)
+4 Balance (tumble syn & dex) (0)
+5 Climb (1/0/0)(+7 when using rope syn)
+8 Disable Device (6/0/0)(+10 w/mastwork tools)
+2 Escape Artist (0/0/0) (+4 vs ropes, use rope syn)
+11 Hide (6/3/0)
+11 Jump (3/2/0) (+2 tumble synergy)
+4 Listen (2/1/2)
+11 Move Silently (6/3/0)
+8 Open locks (6/0/0) (+10 w/masterwork tools)
+4 Perform (dance) (5/0/0)
+10 Search (6/3/0)
+8 Spot (6/3/0)
+5 Survival (0/3/3)
+9 Tumble (5/0/0)(+2 Jump synergy)
+7 Use Rope (2/3/0) (+9 if using silk rope)

Feats
-Combat Reflexes
-Dodge
-Mobility

Half Orc Traits
-60’ Darkvision

Class Abilities
sneak attack (2d6)
Trap finding
Trap Sense (+1)
Evasion
Rage (1x/day)
Fast movement
Track
Rapid shot
Endurance
Favored Enemy (evil outsiders)
Wild empathy (+2)

Background
Solomon grew up in a clan of human thieves, allied with a band of orc warriors, called the Green Ronin. This band was led by an evil conjurer Chontius Brachman. Together they robbed and kidnapped along a strech of highway, and sold much of their profits to the Drow, who accessed the surface from a nearby tunnel to the underdark. Chrontius periodically summoned demons and other outsiders to his aid. Solomon was born from a kidnapped woman, though he never knew his mother. He was raised by the thieves and the orcs somewhat brutally, although his intelligence and skills gained him favor with one of the elder thieves. From him, he was taught the skills of a highwayman. Although he admired the strength and ferocity of the orc barbarians, and learned much from them, the ways of stealth and strategy were much more interesting. He grew to fear & hate the drow, and learned the ways of sneak attack and stealth, which, along with his darkvision, gave him a fighting chance underground.
His life changed when he got to know one kidnapped victim. At first this young woman interested him because of her pretty face. But after a number of conversations, Solomon began to appreciate the nature of productive industry. The prisoner, Jessica, was being held for ransom, as her father was a wealthy merchant. As she described her fathers business, Solomon became increasingly dissatisfied with the bandit trade. Finally he took it upon himself to rescue her. Though he’d come to love Jessica, she already loved another. After returning her to her father, the broken hearted Solomon set out to destroy his former companions, and make a better name for himself. He allied himself with the local sheriff and helped to root out and scatter the Romin. His combat and stealth skills, as well as his proficiency combating outsiders, made his very useful. Since then, he has moved his way up in the kingdom’s special forces. Despite his great strength and stealthiness, he is always an outsider, as one who has betrayed his friends, and bears the blood of orcs. He has taken to the study of the shadowdancers and hopes to join their ranks, and finally be respected for who he is.

Description:
Solomon is taciturn, uncomfortable with his how others view half-orcs and still heartbroken from Jessica’s rejection. He is tall, with broad shoulders and narrow hips. He travels heavily armed, and makes no attempt to conceal this.

Equipment
Armor & weapons:
+1 Mithril Chain shirt (worn, wt) 2100 gp
+1 Great sword (back scabbard, 8wt) 2350 gp
+1 Mighty Composite Longbow +4 (left shoulder, 4wt) 2,800 gp
Masterwork cold iron war hammer 316 gp
Quiver (right hip, 1wt)
20 arrows(quiver)
20 arrows, cold iron tipped(quiver) 2 gp
20 arrows, silvered tips (quiver) 41 gp
Dagger (boot)

Magic:
Gloves of Dexterity +2 (4000 gp)
Amulet of Health +2 (4000 gp)
Potion of CLW (50 gp)

Other:
Beltpouch (x2)
Masterwork thieves tools (100 gp)
Waterskin- water (slung over shoulder, ??wt)
Trail Rations- 1 days (pouch)
Signal Whistle
fish hook
Empty Sack (backpack, .5wt)
50’ silk rope
Grappling hook (1 gp)
Boots (feet)

221 gold pieces

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Sydney Campbell; 3rd lvl Paragon / 4th lvl Diviner
Medium Humanoid (Human); Neutral Good
Hit Dice: 4d4+3d8+7 (39 hp)
Speed: 30'
Armor Class: 12 (+2 dex)
Base Attack/Grapple:+4/+3
Attack: +4 melee (mw staff, d6-1), +6 ranged (mw light crossbow, d8)
Full Attack: +4 melee (mw staff, d6-1), +6 ranged (mw light crossbow, d8)
Space/Reach: 5ft /5ft
Special Attacks: spells
Special Qualities: absent minded (+1 to knowledge skills, -1 to spot & listen), adaptive learning (forgery), familiar, alertness, forbidden school (necromancy)
Saves: fort +3, refl +4, will +8
Abilities: str 8, dex 14, con 12, int 18, wis 13, cha 10
Skills: concentration +11/10, decipher script +14/10, forgery +10/6, knowledge (arcana) +15/10, knowledge (religion) +8/3, knowledge (planes) +18/10, knowledge (history) +11/6, knowledge (royalty and nobility) +8/3, listen +2/0, spellcraft +16/10, spot +2/0
Feats: scribe scroll, skill focus (knowledge[planes]), extend spell, empower spell, quicken spell, improved familiar
XP: 21000/28000
Weight: 182.5lb (total) = 153lb (Sydney) + 29.5lb (equipment)
Height: 5'7"
Languages: Thyation, Darokinian, Elvish, Dwarvish, Lalor

Caster lvl: 6th
Spells Memorised: (dc: 14 + spell lvl)
0th; 4+1 ; read magic, detect magic, mending, mage hand, light
1st; 3+1+1 ; comprehend languages*, magic missile, mage armour, shield, obscuring mist
2nd; 3+1+1 ; detect thoughts*, acid arrow, mirror image, hideous laughter, scorching ray
3rd; 2+1+1 ; arcane sight*, heroism, slow, fireball

Spells Known:
0th: all of 'em
1st: shield, mage armour, obscuring mist, comprehend languages*, detect secret doors*, detect undead*, indentify*, magic missile, feather fall
2nd: acid arrow, web, detect thoughts*, see invisibility*, hideous laughter, gust of wind, scorching ray, shatter, invisibility, mirror image, alter self, knock
3rd: dispel magic, sleet storm, arcane sight*, tongues*, heroism, suggestion, fireball, tiny hut, wind wall, displacement, keen edge, slow

Nibbles; Celestial Ferret
Tiny Magical Beast (Ferret); Neutral Good
Hit Dice: 7 (19 hp)
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft.
Armor Class: 18 (+2 size, +3 dex, +3 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple:+5/–7
Attack: bite +10 melee (1d3–4)
Full Attack: bite +10 melee (1d3–4)
Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: attach, smite evil +7
Special Qualities: low-light vision, scent, improved evasion, share spells, empathic link, deliver touch spells, speak with master, darkvision 60', damage reduction 5/magic, elemental (cold, acid, electricity) resistance 5
Saves: fort +5, ref +8, will +8
Abilities: str 3, dex 16, con 10, int 8, wis 12, cha 5
Skills: balance +12, climb +12, hide +13, move Silently +11, spot +4
Feats: weapon finesse, endurance, diehard

equipment - 209.77gp
ring of sustenance
wand of magic missile (5th lvl) 50/50
cure lgt wounds 50/50
handy haversack
mw staff
mw lgt. crossbow
20 bolts
bedroll
winter blanket
3 scroll cases
flint & steel
ink & pen
50 sheets of paper
2 days rations
sealing wax
3 candles
signet ring
soap
waterskin
cold weather outfit
scholoar's outfit
explorer's outfit
2 magic missile scroll
2 shield scrolls
mage armour scrolls
obscuring mist scroll
comprehend languages scroll
detect undead scroll
detect secret doors scroll
acid arrow scroll
web scroll
see invisibility scroll
hideous laughter scroll
gust of wind scroll
shatter scroll
alter self scroll
knock scroll
dispel magic scroll
sleet storm scroll
arcane sight scroll
tongues scroll
suggestion scroll
fireball scroll
tiny hut scroll
wind wall scroll

Description:

Sydney is a scholar specializing in, but certainly not restricted to, the study of extraplanar creatures. He has shoulder length red hair, normally tied behind his head, sharp blue eyes, and a meager build. His reading spectacles are always on him, usually sitting low on his nose until he needs them for something. His celestial familiar, Nibbles, is an exceptional ferret. Nibble's fur has a golden hue to it, and his eyes look as though they are made from quicksilver.

Sydney's parents are wealthy nobility of Karameikos, and seeing their son to have exceptional talent, funded his schooling in the arcane. He adapted to wizardry surprisingly well, and became a scholar, even gaining some skill in identifying falsified literature. Though his specialization in magic was in the acquisition of information, the focus of his studies was information on other planes and their denizens.

He was doing independant studies and working part-time at the wizarding college before receiving a request to become part of a task force being organised by Captain Dargos.

Last edited:

johnsemlak

First Post
Prestel Xilodon

Callarii (Wood) Elf
Level 1 Ranger/Level 5 Druid (+1 Level Copper Dragon Intermediate Bloodline)
God: Ilsundal

Str: 17 (14 +2+1 Bloodline bonus)
Int: 8 (10-2)
Wis: 16 (15 +1 at 4th level)
Dex: 14 (12 +2)
Con: 11 (13-2)
Cha: 8

HP: 38
BAB: +4
AC: 20 (18 Flat footed, 13 Touch)

Saving Throws: Base (total)
Fortitude: 6 (+6)
Reflex 3 (+5)
Will 4 (+7)

Feats: Spell Focus: Conjuration; Augment Summoning; Weapon Focus: Longsword; Track, Alertness

Skills: Ranks (Total Bonus)
Survival: 10 (+17)
Knowledge (Nature): 5 (+12)
Spot: 9 (+16)
Listen: 5 (+12)
Perform (Wind Instruments) 1 cc (+2)
Knowledge (Planes): 2 cc (+1)

Languages: Thyatian, Elven (Callari Dialect), Sylvan, Druidic

Favored Enemy: Evil Outsiders
Animal Companion: Black Bear

Weapons:
+1 Lonsword (2315 gp) Melee +9 Dmg d8 +4
+1 Composite Longbow +3 Str Bonus (2700 GP) (Ranged + 6) Dmg d8 +4

Armor
+1 Hide (1165 gp) +4 Armor
+1 Large Wooden Shield (1157 gp) +3 Shield

Items and Equipment: Cloak and Boots of the Elvenkind (5000 gp), Ring of Protection +1 (2000 gp), Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds, Delay Poison, Bull's Endurance, and Bull's Strength (300 gp each), quiver of 20 arrows, 20 more arrows, 20 silver arrows, backpack, wineskin, 1 day's rations, a dagger)

Spells: (5/4/3/2)

O Level: Create Water, Light, Purify Food and Water, Know Direction, Resistance
1 Level: CLWx2, Obsuring Mist, Entangle
2 LEvel: Bull's Strength, Gust of Wind, Flaming Sphere
3 Level: Call Lightning, CMW

Background: Prestal comes from a small elven village in the Callarii forests. He grew up as a ranger/warrior and fought against the goblins of the forest many times. As he got older, Prestal felt and increasing call to nature and eventually became a Druid of the Callarii forest. Though he often acted alone, Prestal's remained devoted to protecting the Callarii forests from evil dangers, including the Goblins of the Dymrak Forest but also more sinister dangers. Prestal trained himself to battle such creatures as Trolls, ogres, Green Dragons, and, Demons. Demons of various types had been thought to haunt the Karamekos Forests though none had ever been seen. However, Prestal is obsessed with the possibility of Demons attacking the forests and has sworn to battle and slay any such invaders.

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Mutsar al Zamani

Male Human (Ylaruam)
Barbarian 2 / Cleric 1 / Paragon Human 3 / Fighter 1

AL: Neutral Good

STR 14 (+1 Level)
DEX 15
CON 16 (+2 Class)
INT 8
WIS 12
CHA 10

Hit Dice: 2d12+4d8+1d10+7= 24+24+8+7= 63
Initative: -4 (+2 Dex - 6 Flaw)
Base Speed: 50ft
AC: 20* (+2 Dex, +1 Deflection, +5 Armour, +2 Shield)
Touch: 13*

+1 Dodge v Designated Target
+4 Dodge v Attacks of Opportunity because of movement

F 11
R 3
W 6

BAB 5
Melee 7
Ranged 7

Ranged:
8 1d8+2 x3 110ft +1 / +2 Mighty Composite Longbow

Melee:

9 1d6+2 18/20 x2 MW or MW Cold Iron Scimitar

Skills:

Diplomacy 1 / 1
Handle Animal 5 / 7
Jump 5 / 7
K - History 1 / 0
Ride 9 / 15
Survival 5 / 6
Use Magic Device 10 / 10

Feats:
Animal Affinity
Dodge
Endurance
Leadership
Mobility
Point Blank Shot
Run
Shot on the Run

Traits:
Quick

Flaws:
Frail
Unreactive

Class Features:
Fast Movement
Rage 1/day
Uncanny Dodge
Turn Undead
Adaptive Learning - UMD

Domains:
War + Travel
Weapon Focus - Scimitar
Freedom of Movement 1 round /day

Languages:
Common

Cleric Spells/Day:
4 / 3+1 / 1+1

Equipment:

+1 +2 STR Composite Longbow 2600

+1 Mithral Shirt 2100

Ring of Protection +1 2000

+1 Darkwoord Buckler 1205

10 X Holy Water 250

Spell Component Pouch 5

2 x Light Warhorse
Military Saddle
Pack Saddle
Saddlebags
2 x Bit and Bridle 393

Efficient Quiver 1800

MW Scimitar 315

MW Cold Iron Scimitar 30

Quiver

100 arrows 5 (Mudane Quiver + Pack)

60 Silvered arrows 123 (Efficient Quiver)

Scrolls:

Align Weapon x 5 750 (?)
Bulls Strength x2 300
Bear's Endurance x2 300
Cat's Grace x 2 300
Make Whole x 2 300

Wands:

2 x Cure Light Wounds 1500

Total: 14337

Knocking off the odd 105 for generic mundane gear

= 14400

1600 in gems and loose cash.

==========================================================
Mutsar's background:

Among the tribes shall be born a man, and though he shall walk upon two legs his spirit shall have four. He shall move with the swiftness of the finest of warriors’ mares, and he shall understand them as they where his sisters, and though he shall have their strength and stamina of so too shall he be as fragile.
Yet though he shall be as noble as a fine stallion, he shall need the sure-footedness of a base mule, for his path shall be difficult and treacherous.

The prophecies of ibn-Fatuam, no 2047​

I remember it as though it were yesterday. I was but a boy and I was riding my pony back into camp after hunting for birds. He was standing in the centre of my tribes tents when he saw me riding in with my trophy over my saddle bow. When he saw me I felt a great sense of certainty wash over me, it was like nothing I had ever experienced before and I knew that he was at the centre of it. The stranger nodded quietly as he looked at me, knowing, as I did, that he had found what he sought.

He questioned the wise woman of my clan about what stars I had been born under, and what omens had accompanied my birth. Whatever answer she gave must have been satisfactory for he asked to see my parents in the chieftain’s tent and they talked half the night. When he finally walked out he saw me there waiting and spoke but a few words to me,
“I have found you, but you are not ready. I shall return.” He then walked out of camp into the night.

The years went by and I grew to manhood, fine and strong. Few were my equal in the hunt and fewer still could best my in race, whether on foot or on horseback. Many families questioned my father about a marriage with one of their daughters, but nothing happened of it. The companions of my childhood were already married and many had children of their own, but I had to remain single. In my shame I sought out my mother,
“When that sage came he spoke much to us, of which we understood but little, but the one point he was at pains to make us understand was that you must remain unmarried until his return.”

I took my anger and frustration onto the field of battle. Though my beard was still thin and sparse my name was one of honour in the counsels of war when we raided for cattle and horses. It was on my last raid that I found her, the daughter of a chief she was, that we had come across on our reconnaissance. When I saw her I felt the same feeling that I had washed over me that day long ago, that she was the one and when I looked at her I saw that she knew it too. She did not resist as I lifted her onto my saddle bow and rode home in triumph!

He was waiting for me when I rode into camp. He looked at me with his eyes that seemed to see all and then looked over my bride,
“Yes,” he said, “she will do nicely.” We followed him to the Eternal University at Ylaruam, there they taught me much, and I learnt little of it. They told me that I had a destiny, and that I would have to travel far in search of it.

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Mutsar's Current Spells:

0 Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Purify Food and Drink

1 Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil
Longstrider

2 Align Weapon
Spiritual Weapon

Last edited:

Remove ads