Druid's grove

Pariah

First Post
What would you all suggest that a 13th level druid can set up protections around his grove for almost all possibilites while he is away fighting the evils in the world? So far, I have come up with:

Awakening various creatures/trees. Wolf, bear, tree, rabbits, squirrels, etc
Fire Traps in various places they could set off
Natural snares and pits they might be able to lure intruders to

I was quite impressed of a post way back of this, when someone posted they had a 7th level evil cleric, and how to defend a castle against a party of adventurers, partially abusing the somewhat then broken planar ally spell sequence. The end result was an unholy terror that would have decimated any group of 7th levels.

Druids don't have anywhere near that level of unattended protection, but surely one could make it very difficult for would-be violaters of the grove.

I have available to me all the WotC products (minus Miasma, broken it is) but no 3rd party material.
This would not even be an issue if the druid was 18th, as after that point, there is a shambling mound behind every tree, pebble or bush. Great spell, Shambler :)

Diirk

First Post
Liveoak is decent, not much else really has the duration needed. Maybe Hallow as well with a nifty spell attached to it... Freedom of Movement to all of your alignment (or neutral) combined with traps of animate plants (entangle effect), or silence to all of evil alignments, etc

(O this is just core btw, splatbooks might have something more interesting)

Last edited:

Sejs

First Post
Please do pardon my ignorance, but ... it's a grove. What is there to defend?

It's an area with some trees and bushes and rocks and stuff, yes? Maybe a menhir or two?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases