Advanced Player's Guide

Kirowan

First Post
Does anyone know what this book from Sword and Sorcery might contain beyond what's indicated in its writeup (alternate spell systems)? I haven't heard too much about it.

Thanks,

Nick

thundershot

Adventurer
I thought Green Ronin was doing that book... *looks it up* You know... Why do d20 companies have to come out with stuff at the SAME FRELLING TIME?! It's a noticable pattern in this field for books with similar content to be released within a month or so of each other. I've already committed to the Green Ronin books. I'll wait for reviews on this one to make sure it's not just SSS's own version of the same alternate rules. If they're all different classes and rules, fine...

Sorry... Just a short rant. Please move on. :D

Chris

Krieg

First Post
I have no clue regarding specific content.

For those who are confused as to what thundershot & kirowan are talking about...

Sword & Sorcery -- Advanced Player's Guide

AdvancedPlayersGuideD20.jpg

Green Ronin -- Advanced Player's Manual

grr1602_150.jpg

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
It's funny how the word "Advanced" in the S&SS book looks like the same word in the 2ed logo. :)

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
That's funny, I hadn't realized the names were so close. It's no suprise that these things happen at the same time, it happens a bunch.

thundershot

Adventurer
Hence my rant.

You know, that it happens all the time. I suppose in one respect, you want your product to hit the street before your competitor. Chances are, if it's 6 months sooner, people will buy yours, but not the competitor because "they already have those rules" (even though they're different). If you get yours out at the same time as your competitor, you have a better chance of getting 50% of the sales... I'm not a marketing whiz, but I can still rant because as a PLAYER (er.. DM), I end up buying ALL of these types of books, and it ends up keeping me from buying something on impulse that I wouldn't normally buy. :D Yes, I have money, but it's not infinite. My money tree just won't grow... :D

Chris

Krieg

First Post
Crothian said:
It's no suprise that these things happen at the same time, it happens a bunch.

I have no idea what you are talking about! :p

Legends of Excalibur: Arthurian Adventures -- RPG Objects

RPO4001.jpg

Relics & Rituals: Excalibur -- Sword & Sorcery

ExcaliburCover.jpg

Interesting that they both have a "Excalibur" seperated by a colon.

(Personally I think S&S is just investing it's money on placing moles inside all the other publishers. ;) )

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases