Armageddon: Rise of the Nephilim [Closed - Interested Alternates Possible]

Mordane76

First Post
Thus far we have as definites:
  • Serendipty -- Lagomorph
  • Jonathan Fyne-- Drakknyte32
  • "Physically Perfect" -- Xeoble (I've seen the paperwork)

As working concepts, we have:
  • Ex-Boxer -- Rybaer
  • Gambler -- Rybaer
  • "Dead" Firefighter; working up concept and powers -- WizWrm
  • Investigator -- Velmont

From what I've seen of Serendipty, she'll fill more of a "ranged combatant" role than a "Lucky bastard" role. The brief on backstory I've seen on her includes military training and sniper work. Either your gambler or your boxer would still be fine IMO, Rybaer.

The Physically Pefect concept has become a mix of Super Strength, Super Constitution, Super Speed, and Super Dexterity. This character has hefty melee orientation, but I don't think it would be too horrible to have more than one "Muscle" character -- right now we have one Muscle, a ranged character in Serendipty, and a utility character in Jonathan.

WizWrm: As for a timeline... I'm pretty easy as far as that goes. I think we'll be ready and into the game by next week, or at least I hope we can move at that pace. If it takes a little longer for everyone to hone their characters and backstory, that will be fine too. Also, once characters are completed, I'll take a day or two and work up the skeleton of the first issue of the game, so... I'm figuring mid-late next week for a start time.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Here the stats. The background of my character is still in my head, but develloping, but if there is something wrong with the stats, the story may change a bit with the stats...

Some comments on Precognition and Postcognition. First, I won't spend any more points in it. I put it to rank 4 to be sure to have a minimum of information, but I don't want to have a too great power on that side. It is for that reason I choose the uncontrol flaw, and to give you more flexibility on when they are used and what I see. Finally, the Tiring flaw is seen as that: most events he see are bound to strong emotion, as they are the ones who let a mark. So, when that power is in use, not only he see and hear what is happening, but he feels too the main emotion that have mark that moment. These emotion are very hard to support, and that's why he need to do the fortitude roll ask to use the power.

Code:
[B]Attributes[/B]
Str	10	+0
Dex	12	+1
Con	12	+1
Int	16	+9
Wis	14	+8
Cha	14	+8

[B]Saves[/B]
Damage		+1
Fortitude		+1
Reflexe		+1
Will		+10

[B]Attack[/B]
BAB: 		 0
Melee:		+0
Range:		+1
Mental:		+2

[B]Defence[/B]
BDB: 		 5
Defence:		16
Flat-Footed:	15
Mental:		23

[B]Skills[/B]
Balance			[1]
Bluff			[13/5]
Climb			[0]	
Computer			[10/1]
Concentration		[8]
Craft (Any-Untrained)	[9]
Demolition			[9]
Diplomacy			[17/5]
Disable Device		[10/1]
Disguise			[8]
Drive			[2/1]
Escape Artist		[1]
Forgery			[8]
Gather Information		[13/1]
Hide			[3/2]
Innuendo			[11/1]
Intimidate			[13/5]
Jump			[0]
Knowledge(Any-Untrained)	[9]
Language			[-/2]
Listen			[8]
Medecine			[9/1]
Move Silently		[3/2]
Open Lock			[2/1]
Perform			[8]
Profession (Investigator)	[9/1]
Profession (Any-Untrained)	[8]
Read Lips			[9/1]
Search			[10/1]
Sense Motive		[13/5]
Science (Any-Untrained)	[9]
Spot			[8]
Survival			[8]
Swim			[0]
Taunt			[8]

[B]Language[/B]
English, French, Spanish

[B]Feats[/B]
Assessement
Connected
Indomitable Will
Iron Will
Photographic Memory
Startle

[B]Power[/B]
Telepathy			7 [4pp/rank, Cost:30pp]
extra: Memory Alteration
extra: Mind Control		
stunt: Mental Link

Precognition		4 [2pp/rank, Cost: 8pp]
flaw: Uncontrolled
flaw: Tiring
extra: Postcognition
flaw: Uncontrolled
flaw: Tiring

Super-Wisdom		6 [5pp/rank, Cost:30pp]
extra: Super-Charisma
extra: Super-Intelligence

[B]COST[/B]
Attributes	18
BAB	  0
BDB 	 10
Skills	 12
Feats	 12
Power	 68
Weakness	  0
Total	120
Unspeant	  0

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Name: Shin "Blackout" Peterson

Str 18 +7
Dex 16 +3
Con 18 +4
Int 10 +0
Wis 12 +1
Cha 10 +0

Dmg +9
Fort +9
Ref +8
Will +6

Init +3
Move 30'
Hero Points 5

Base Attack +7
Melee +11 (Punch/kick 11L or 11S damage)
Rapid Strike (full attack) +9/+9 (Punch/kick 11L or 11S damage)
Ranged +10

Base Defense +6
Defense 19
Flat-footed 16
Mental 17

Feats:
Blind-fighting, Heroes' Luck, Heroic Surge, Instant Stand, Rapid Healing, Rapid Strike, Stunning Attack.

Skills:
Acrobatics +4 (1)
Balance +4 (1)
Escape Artist +4 (1)
Intimidate +9 (2)
Languages (English, Korean, Spanish) (2)
Listen +3 (2)
Sense Motive +3 (2)

Powers:
Amazing Save (Damage) +5 [Extras: Fortitude, Reflexes, Will] (20)
Regeneration +8 [Flaw: Requires Hero Point] (8)
Super Strength +3 [Extra: Protection; Stunt: Lethal or Stun] (17)
Strike +4 (8)
Immovability +3 (3)

Flaw:
Quirk - Shin will not stand idle when he perceives that someone weaker than himself is being picked on by a bully. He will always come to the rescue of the weaker party, often a complete stranger. This frequently immerses him in problems that he neither understands completely nor has any right or reason to be involved in...which, in turn, has led to a number of unfortnate run-ins with the law and placed him on the bad side of some really Bad People.

Notes:
Strength - Light (800lbs), Med (1600lbs), Heavy (2400lbs), Max (4800lbs)

Appearance:
Shin has a mixed heritage - Korean mother and African American father. He has the build of a light heavyweight boxer - about 5'9", 170lbs. While clearly strong, he doesn't have the bulk of a body-builder. His skin appears deeply tanned and his black hair is always cut very short. Tends to dress in jeans and muscle tees. Sports a number of scars and tattoos. Age - 23.

Personality:
Shin tries to be friendly to everyone, but tends to be quiet and reserved much of the time. He is cautious about using his powers, understanding that he can very easily hurt an ordinary man. The one thing that really sets him off, however, is bullying. Any time he perceives that someone is being bullied, Shin will step in on behalf of the victim. This often causes even greater problems, but Shin considers it to be something of a moral imperative with him...a way to use his powers for good.

Background:
Shin was born to a Korean mother and an American soldier. The first several years of Shin's life were spent living on a variety of US Army bases. His father quit the service when Shin was 8 years old and they settled down in San Antonio. Shin was just becoming old enough to understand that his parents had little in common and that the marriage was teetering on the verge of collapse. His mother was quiet and shy, never having felt comfortable since leaving Korea. His father was increasingly absent, involved in shady deals with people that his mother didn't trust.

When Shin was 10, his parents finally divorced. His mother would have returned to Korea were it not for Shin, who had finally settled into life in one city and with a core group of friends. For him, she worked a string of low-pay factory jobs to cover a run-down apartment in a neighborhood largely populated with Mexican immigrants. She taught Shin strong values, which were enough to help keep him out of too much trouble with his friends.

In high school, Shin started learning how to box. His best friend's father was a boxing instructor and would teach them on the weekends and after school. Shin took to boxing like a fish to water, showing incredible natural talent and a great desire to learn. His focus improved and that spilled over to the rest of his life - his grades improved, he shunned his shadier friends, and he even took a part time job. His mother did not approve of the boxing, but couldn't deny it to her son after seeing the way it positively affected the rest of his life.

After graduation, Shin decided to pursue boxing full time. His career was taking off at a tremendous pace and money was starting to come in. He was able to send his mother back to her hometown in Korea, with the promise of writing, calling, and visiting as often as he could. Things were good...until the day his father came back into his life.

His father tracked Shin down one night after a fight in Las Vegas. Shin, somewhat naive, was taken in by his slick personality and agreed to a change his manager for the promise of a quicker rise to the big-time and better pay. What he soon came to learn, however, was that his father was involved in some manner of organized crime. Shin was shielded enough that he could largely pretend it wasn't there, but his conscience started to gnaw at him.

At this same time, Shin's powers began to grow. He came to realize that his strength and regenerative abilities were beyond any normal man. He had to hide his talents for fear of discovery, all the while dealing with his own questions about what it meant and why he was different.

At 23-0, he was now heavily favored in nearly all match-ups. He acquired the nick-name "Blackout" for his string of knock-out decisions. It was then that his father came to him and demanded that he throw his next bout against Tom "Pretty Boy" Mahony in the third round. Shin's father had arranged for a number of associates to place large bets for a substantial payoff.

Shin was so furious, and his pride so hurt, that he refused to play along. He knocked "Pretty Boy" out fifteen seconds into the first round, crushing several ribs and collapsing one of his lungs. Shin was horrified at what he'd done to his opponent, especially as his anger had been directed at his father. He had lost a grip on his powers and it had nearly gotten an innocent killed.

After the fight, his father and three tough goons confronted him in an alley. His father cursed him up and down, threatening him and demanding obedience. Shin quietly declared that his boxing career was over. His father sicced the goons on Shin, to "teach him a lesson in respect." Shin easily knocked out all three in a span of seconds. His father got a worried look, told Shin that this matter wasn't over, and fled into the night.

Shin has since moved back to San Antonio where he works at a small local grocery store. He no longer boxes and tries to keep a very low profile. Shin has effectively dealt with a couple "problem customers," for which the owner is very grateful. A year removed from the episode with his father, Shin has yet to endure any repercussions.

Cost:
Attributes - 24
BAB - 21
BDB - 12
Feats - 14
Powers - 56
Skills - 3
Flaw - -10
Total - 120

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
I've tentatively decided to go with the ex-boxer after all. I feel like I have the best grasp on his personality.

Will try to get the rest of it posted tonight.

Drakknyte32

First Post
Alright, looks like I'm going to have some ppts left over after I rearrange my character to make it less overlapping with Velmonts. I was just wondering if anyone could think of something I should get. Right now I'm thinking getting the effect others ability for my force field/mental shield or invisibility.

Velmont

First Post
Drakknyte32 said:
Alright, looks like I'm going to have some ppts left over after I rearrange my character to make it less overlapping with Velmonts. I was just wondering if anyone could think of something I should get. Right now I'm thinking getting the effect others ability for my force field/mental shield or invisibility.

Reading your background, I find there is one thing that is missing. You speak only one language. For someone who have travelled the world and live 1000 years, it is a bit restrictive, I would see him speaking many language, at least English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Deutch, all the colonial empire language. With that, you would be able to travel almost everywhere on the world and be understood.

Mordane76

First Post
Okay -- I have four characters. I know there will likely be changes, but I've pulled these four offline so I can go over them at home.

I'll post any questions/comments I have once I've gone over them. I'm still waiting for a character write-up from WizWrm, and I've seen parts of Xeoble's character here at home already, but I'm sure he'll post it soon.

Drakknyte32

First Post
Reading your background, I find there is one thing that is missing. You speak only one language. For someone who have travelled the world and live 1000 years, it is a bit restrictive, I would see him speaking many language, at least English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Deutch, all the colonial empire language. With that, you would be able to travel almost everywhere on the world and be understood.

The joys of comprehension my friend. Why waste your time studying those boring languages when you can just cast a spell and understand them all completely.

On a similar note my spells are the reason I don't have incredible skill or stat ranks. It takes a long time to learn spells and even 1000 years isn't enough to master all of the arts arcane. Just take a look at Eldrich in the freedom city heroes chapter. He's been around for a century and has access to countless magical tomes and such. He has a total of ten spells. I've been around for a millenia but I don't have access to any help or aditional equipment. Learning spells has taken up the majority of my life.

That and it's hard to build an immortal sorceror of unbelievable power with only 120pps :) .

Velmont

First Post
Drakknyte32 said:
The joys of comprehension my friend. Why waste your time studying those boring languages when you can just cast a spell and understand them all completely.

On a similar note my spells are the reason I don't have incredible skill or stat ranks. It takes a long time to learn spells and even 1000 years isn't enough to master all of the arts arcane. Just take a look at Eldrich in the freedom city heroes chapter. He's been around for a century and has access to countless magical tomes and such. He has a total of ten spells. I've been around for a millenia but I don't have access to any help or aditional equipment. Learning spells has taken up the majority of my life.

That and it's hard to build an immortal sorceror of unbelievable power with only 120pps :) .

Yeah, but my point is not what you comprehend but how you are comprehend. It is one thing to understand what the other tell, but if you can't tell him what you want, you won't go far... and anyway, you ask for a suggestion to spend the extra SPPs you'll have, this is one that make much sense.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases