Conversion of H1-H4 "bloodstone" Series

veryfinemale

First Post
Hello all,
I have always thought the old H1-H4 "bloodstone" series was a very good idea that was poorly done. I really like the idea of going to Hell with a group of very brave and high level adventurers. I am curious if anyone has tried to convert ( as well as edit, rewrite, and improve) this to the 3.0 (or 3.5) epic setting? I would really like to play through this, either with a group in person or even online. It is beyond my ability and knowledge to do this conversion myself. Has anyone attempted to do this? Do you know of any links to websites that have this conversion? Anyone played through this series in 3.0?
Just wanted some general ideas and comments about this tips.

Also I Think reading a novel that deals with this subject would be very interested. A group of high powered adventures go to the hells to encounter the high lords of hell. Does anyone know of a book with this general subject?

Thanks

HeavyG

First Post
Hey, it so happens that, over the last year, I have converted the first three modules as well as the first part of H4 to 3rd edition.

I have since then converted my conversions of H1 and H2 to 3.5. Let me tell you, it took a great deal of work. And the CRs really don't mesh very well with 3rd edition, though that's somewhat easily remedied. I have hundreds of page of conversion notes. I can't really post them here, however, because they are too messy to be understood by anyone other than me and also, my players read this message board occasionally and might stumble upon this. The campaign starts in two weeks. :)

If you want to discuss non-spoilerific generalities, though, I'm game. Or if you wait a couple of months, I might share my conversion as it is played (in this case, the campaign would be a sort of playtesting at the same time).

I'll be checking your conversion of the stone-eater, though, Boz. I went the easy way and used an advanced Delver in my version.

WarRabbit

Explorer
HeavyG,
I'd be interested in hearing how your campaign goes and in your conversion notes if you eventually decide to make them available.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Actually, it's the Abyss rather than Hell.

Elminster in Hell describes Baator in some detail; it wouldn't be difficult to use similar themes for the Abyss.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases