Spring Ceramic DM™: WINNER POSTED!

drose25

Explorer
Glad to know I'm not the only anxious one out there. :D I think it will be another 24-48 hours before Arwink has a chance to submit his judging. He seems to be a little overwhelmed at the moment with real life.

BSF

Explorer
I think of it as more like a reprieve. I am wiped out after trying to come up with that story. On the other hand, I am really thinking that a D20 conversion of Star Frontiers, utilizing some of the OGC rules out there might be pretty nifty. I could advance the timeline, convert the races, base it off of D20 modern, except maybe use Wounds/Vitality, convert the equipment and setup screens and suits as DR or ER, you get the idea. :) The point is, I could have a little bit of fun and brush up on the mechanics side of things.

So, regardless of how judgment comes out, I will have had fun with it.

arwink

Clockwork Golem
drose25 said:
Glad to know I'm not the only anxious one out there. :D I think it will be another 24-48 hours before Arwink has a chance to submit his judging. He seems to be a little overwhelmed at the moment with real life.

That puts it rather mildly :) I appologise again - originally this marking wasn't supposed to take up this much time, but the university kind of forgot to mention that I had to have it all done in a week instead of the usual two.

Writing extensive and constructive comments on sixty-thousand words of writing in the space of a week is slightly more draining than I thought it would be.

Sialia

First Post
arwink said:
That puts it rather mildly :) I appologise again - originally this marking wasn't supposed to take up this much time, but the university kind of forgot to mention that I had to have it all done in a week instead of the usual two.

Writing extensive and constructive comments on sixty-thousand words of writing in the space of a week is slightly more draining than I thought it would be.
Courage!

Would it help to know that the fans of this contest find your insightful and constructive comments as much fun to read as the actual stories?

It is worth the wait--however long it takes!

alsih2o

First Post
Sialia said:
Courage!

Would it help to know that the fans of this contest find your insightful and constructive comments as much fun to read as the actual stories?

It is worth the wait--however long it takes!

And participants! I grow reading them as a spectator, but your students must love/hate you in all the appropriate ways :)

BSF

Explorer
I very much appreciate reading all the judges comments.

Maldur provides that rapid fire response that I always grin at. He keeps me focused on the simple question - Did somebody like it and why? While Maldur's responses tend to be shorter, I really appreciate that gut feedback. It is entirely possible to have a good story that could still lose, but was good and enjoyable.

Arwink provides critical responses. These are interesting to read. I like seeing the criticism that I myself could see in reading a story. Arwink also has the ability to explain why something "felt wrong" even when I can't put my finger on the reason. The critical analysis is great.

Now, Maldur and Arwink are the two consistent judges I have seen in the last three competitions. The third judge has rotated from Clay, then Mythago, and now Piratecat. Stylistically, each of them provides feedback a little differently. I have appreciated reading all of their comments. In the current contest, Piratecat was able to point out my perspective shift in my first round story. This is a personal weakness of mine and it helped immensely for him to point it out!

Point is, all the feedback from the judges is useful, and enjoyable. Even when it is pointing out something that I wrote poorly, it is very enjoyable to actually have that feedback! So, I toss out a huge thanks to all the judges.

Arwink, don't stress on the time it takes you to get to the judging. Other responsibilities sometimes get in the way of hobbies. As a contestant, I understand. I will eagerly await your feedback when you have the free time to get to it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases