Spring Ceramic DM™: WINNER POSTED!

Zhaneel

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
Bleh - Squeezed it in. This one needed more of a lot of things. But, the time limit is part of the competition.

So, NiTessine, now we just need to wait. :) Best of luck to us both.

You could get some salsa while you wait... ;-)

NiTessine

Explorer
BardStephenFox said:
Bleh - Squeezed it in. This one needed more of a lot of things. But, the time limit is part of the competition.

So, NiTessine, now we just need to wait. :) Best of luck to us both.

Yeah, well, mine could've also used a lot of things. Being written while awake would be an important one. But I got it written. I triumphed over that misbegotten bastard of a tale and that evil set of mismatched pictures! Bwahahahahahahahaa!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Yee ha! Doesn't it feel good to be done? :)

As soon as we have a posted winner for Match 2-2, we can schedule Match 3-1. Gosh... it's way cooler than I thought it would be to see what people can do with the photos I selected. I feel like I'm sending my babies off to school for the first time, and they're coming home to tell me how much fun it was.

Zhaneel

First Post
Piratecat said:
Gosh... it's way cooler than I thought it would be to see what people can do with the photos I selected. I feel like I'm sending my babies off to school for the first time, and they're coming home to tell me how much fun it was.

You, sir, are a sick, sick puppy.

Zhaneel

BSF

Explorer
orchid blossom said:
I've got chili. It's basically salsa with meat.

Good luck to all you round two participants. I'm enjoying watching you sweat. :D

Well, I know some people think that, but you live in NY so I will forgive you. :)

Seriously though, most of the people I know always thought it was funny to watch those Pace Picante sauce. The ones where the old cowboy would say "This stuffs made in New York City." Then the chorus from the rest of the cowboys, "New York City?" Then the last cowboy would say "Get a rope." Maybe it wasn't broadcast all over the nation. Anyway, we all thought it was funny because Pace is generally rather bland. It certainly isn't the best salsa out there. As for my salsa, I tend to do the following.

Several Roma tomatoes (I like Roma because they tend to be juicy and they are small enough that when I quarter them, they fit in my salsa chopper very nicely.)
1/4 - 1/2 Red Onion (Depending on size and how much onion I feel like that day.)
1 - 2 tomatillos
Cloves of garlic to my whim
a few sprigs of cilantro
a handful of salt
a bit of olive oil to help the flavors blend together
Jalapeno(s) or Green Chili, depending on whimsy
a few squeezes of fresh lime

All that goes in my chopper, I throw the top on, whirl the handle around a few times if I want it chunky, or several times if I want it very fine. Then, grap a tortilla chip and taste it. Sometimes I will have hit my desired taste right off. Sometimes I will add ingredients. It all depends on what I am using it for. You know, just a snack, or for burritos and tacos, or to put on a hamburger, or whatever.

That's my salsa.

Now, to make what we call Texas-style chili, that's a completely different recipe. ;)

orchid blossom

Explorer
BardStephenFox said:
Well, I know some people think that, but you live in NY so I will forgive you. :)

Actually, my chili isn't really chili. It's peppers, onions, garlic, a few herbs and spices. (right there, sounds a lot like salsa, no?) Then beef. All cooked. So that's why I said it's like salsa with meat. Real salsa, and I'm talking good stuff, I can't usually eat cause my tongue feels like it's going to burn off.

(Sorry for the ot posting. I'll stop now. Maybe I'll go try to write a story about Muses.)

Remove ads