Dying...

Nifelhein

First Post
Okay, I have red it and I can say that I am not sure how that is by the rules...

A character under 0 hit points makes a test every turn, by that they mean every 10 rounds, thus every minute, or they mean every turn the character would act, thus every round?

That is because they seem t have abandoned the turn term in 3rd edition but I got bugged... And besides, another way of making yet more questions for the boards.

Cheers,

Nif.

Devin Firebrand

First Post
From PHB 3.0 (pg 129)
Dying (-1 to -9 Hit Points)
At the end of each round (starting the round in which the character dropped below 0), roll d% to see whether he stabilizes. He has a 10% chance to become stable. If he doesn't he loses 1 hit point.
If the character's hit points drop to -10 (or lower), he's dead.

I read that as every time the character would act, he rolls to see if he stablizes or if he becomes another hit point closer to being truly dead.

Last edited:

Nifelhein

First Post
Devin,

That is a good one, i should have referenced the 3.0 PHB, the 3.5 says turn instead... I have always used the rule as I have learned back then, when i started playign D&D. I hate it when they simply go changing things and get careless about the game terms.

Trainz

Explorer
Nifelhein said:
Devin,

That is a good one, i should have referenced the 3.0 PHB, the 3.5 says turn instead... I have always used the rule as I have learned back then, when i started playign D&D. I hate it when they simply go changing things and get careless about the game terms.
*Mpfft* ! !

Is THAT a fact. In the DMG, at one place it says that Cohorts don't cost a share of the XP reward, but next page it stipulates that they do. You should go read the Leadership/Cohort thread and watch unfold the horror that mistake caused.

Nifelhein

First Post
I checked it... I have not seen anyone with the leadership feat yet and have yet to finish the PHB 3.5... great thread, by the way, thanks for the scoop.

thundershot

Adventurer
Yeah, they definitely threw me off when they started using "Turn" in the new books. Turn in my mind is 10 minutes. But then again, back then, a round was a minute... so would a 3.5 turn be 1 minute now? As it was, it was just word-swapping... but it threw an old timer like me for a loop.. :D

Chris

Nifelhein

First Post
That is what this thread is all about.. old timers complaints... of course we are only old timers, diaglo would be ancient timer... almost archeological! ;)

Remove ads