(Adventure) Tracking Down Sullivan (Knight Otu Judging)

Creamsteak

Explorer
This is the continuation of Dwarven Golems and Old Ruins. The party has just arrived at Allimon, save Gur, who is going to be a bit behind.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gregorian leaves the group, and heads around to the city. The others sit behind for a bit, discuss things, and head out one by one. Gur is the last to leave, still waiting in a clearing far outside the city.

The gates to Allimon are watched by two towers at each entrance. Each of these towers has a strange domed roof painted in an odd shade of orange. Once past the gates, you each find yourselves in seperate districts.

Highlight only your own section:

Mithreander:
Gregorian finds himself entering Allimon through the merchant quarter. This region is full of foriegn trades, many trading currency of unfamiliar types and quantities. There is a caravan from the far south-east that has drawn a circle in the middle of the quarting, squeezing the foot-traffic to the point of suffocation. These south-easterners wear light hooded robes, hinting at their religious heritage. Each also seems to be in possession of no small amount of gold chains and trinkits, and many seem to guard these possessions even subconciously in their motions - constantly checking their pockets, neck, arms, hands, and fingers for their own apparel.

You can see, in the distance, six men with crossbows sitting on top of a building. They seem to be looking down on the crowd diligently looking for some form of trouble. They don't seem to be dressed in the uniform of the town guard, a red shirt and pants that you could see a handful of men at the gates wearing, but they are indeed armed and armored. Perhaps they are employees of the caravan itself, or of the local merchants.

Uriel:
Silvercat finds himself entering the city in the religious quarter. Temple street, which is one of the largest streets in the town, leads straight from the gate to the center of Allimon where the inner keep is located. There are very few people on this road, only a handful of priests and servants seem to be in motion on this giant paved-way. On your way in, there was a young man waiting by the gate. He was wearing studded leather armor and appears to be armed with a scimitar on his right hip. His yellow bandana and short hair hint that he might be a member of some sort of shady guild or gang, but he seems suspicious as this is certainly not a place where many thugs would congregate.

There are also armed templar on all sides of this street, on the buildings, in the towers, and by the gates to the different temples, libraries, and homes. They seem quite observant, watching your every movement from their guarded positions as you pass.

Dungannon:
Devlin enters the city into the largest of the residential districts. Here there are many people talking in the streets. There is a sewage problem, which could be smelled from outside the gates to the city. There are bakers selling bread through the windows to their homes, smiths working steel outdoors in front of watching children, young men running errands for their workmasters, and three homes being constructed out of stone by a construction team comprised of gnomes, dwarves, and humans.

This is a pleasant town, full of pleasant people, happily living their lives away from the threats of the major regions. The only sign of danger is the ominous keep in the center of town that acts as the home of all government in Allimon. You can make out the domed buildings of the religious quarter to the north, and the bustling streets of the merchant quarter to the south.

Argent:
The gate you pass through appears to have been severely damaged recently. Some workers are attempting to repair a four foot wide hole in the easternmost tower. The men appear to be quite busy, and unaware of your passing. Once you get inside of the gates, you can see that there are huge taverns on both sides of the entrance. The one on the left is labled, "New Constantine" and the one on the right is labled "Old Gertrude." They are stone structures with domed roofs that are connected by a stone bridge between the inns. There are many windows on the top floors of these buildings, and if you look inside there are many tables and chairs inside of each.

You find yourself in the light trade end of the merchant quarter. Here there are a number of inns, permanent shops, and other sorts of places of commerce and business. Very near the gate is a large sign which gives instruction on what some of the buildings are, providing a map of this quarter of the city. You can see that there is a merchants guild, a bounty hunters guild stop-by, a mages guild, and a handful of other buildings and shops. There is also a building with a scratched off name on the map located on what would represent the south end of this quarter, behind six other buildings and not connected to the streets at all.

The light traffic in this region is not too rough, but you can tell that the traffic to the South, in the merchant quarter, is horrendous. The temple district in the north seems to have the opposite effect.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Shariff weaves between the tall people's legs looking all around in wonder. He finaly sees a Human working on the city gates that's bent over and approaches.
Excuse me sir. What happened here? It seems there was some sort of attack. He allows the bag of mechanicals to rest on the ground and awaits the Human's responce.

ooc: I forget.. did we level or not? I was 2nd level before the fight with the drow. did we level to 3rd?
I'm considering re-writing shariff a bit if that's ok. now that I have a better concept for him I just want to tweek him a bit. May I?

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Creamsteak said:
On your way in, there was a young man waiting by the gate. He was wearing studded leather armor and appears to be armed with a scimitar on his right hip. His yellow bandana and short hair hint that he might be a member of some sort of shady guild or gang, but he seems suspicious as this is certainly not a place where many thugs would congregate.

Keeping an even expression on his face, showing neither anxiety or excitement.ilvercat casually stroles past the youth and asks in a cordial manner ' Hail, Friend. Might there be any establishments where a walker of the roads might find a good meal and interesting company?'

Creamsteak

Explorer
Argent Silvermage

Shariff weaves between the tall people's legs looking all around in wonder. He finaly sees a Human working on the city gates that's bent over and approaches.
Excuse me sir. What happened here? It seems there was some sort of attack. He allows the bag of mechanicals to rest on the ground and awaits the Human's responce.
"What fellow? Oh, this hole... a meteor. Tiny rock hurtled from the sky. It was only a few inches wide, but it devastated this tower. We are trying to repair it."

ooc: I forget.. did we level or not? I was 2nd level before the fight with the drow. did we level to 3rd?
I'm considering re-writing shariff a bit if that's ok. now that I have a better concept for him I just want to tweek him a bit. May I?
Pass any mechanical changes (switching feats and such) through me to verify when they happened. Tell me when your finished so I can re-acquaint myself. That's all I can think to ask.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Uriel said:
Keeping an even expression on his face, showing neither anxiety or excitement.ilvercat casually stroles past the youth and asks in a cordial manner ' Hail, Friend. Might there be any establishments where a walker of the roads might find a good meal and interesting company?'
The unkempt man looks at you from head to toe. "You came in the wrong way to find an inn. They are located in the merchants quarter. Say... you wouldn't happen to have seen any short men dragging a heavy sack behind them, or a unclean woodsman hunter have you?"

He seems to keep his hands at his sides and keeps his eyes on Silvercat with a sort of grin on his face.

Dungannon

First Post
OOC: sorry for the delay, was on vacation and lost Internet access before I left so I couldn't notify you guys.

Devlin takes in the sights, sounds, and smells of the city. It's almost like being home in Ravensdale. He strolls casually along the streets, answering any greetings he receives and acting like any normal citizen out for an afternoon walk. After a block or so, he stops to inquire at one of the vendors.

"Excuse me sir. I'm new to town and appear to be a bit lost. Could you tell me where I could find the Allimon Exploration Company?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
Dungannon said:
"Excuse me sir. I'm new to town and appear to be a bit lost. Could you tell me where I could find the Allimon Exploration Company?"

The half-orc standing in front of you looks down and says, "Gum... in the capital district. Da center of town."

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin thanks the half-orc and head off towards the center of town. On the way he keeps his eyes open for an inn or tavern that appears to be moderately busy and friendly to outsiders.

Creamsteak

Explorer
There are no inns or taverns on the road leading into the center of town. What you find instead is a highway, two barracks on each side, and then a moat. The moat has a permanent stone bridge that has some strange sort of silvery glow to it, and at the other end is a gate which has been raised to allow incoming traffic. The heavy towers on either side seem to be meant for fighting against airborn agression, as they've been mounted with dozens of repeating artillery crossbows facing in all directions, but always with a slant upwards. Once past the 10 ft. thick walls, the central area opens up to your vision and you can see the keep clearly a short distance away. To your left and right are circular paths dotted with buildings, and you can spot a small stone building with a domed roof on the righthand path. It has a tiny (by comparison to the walls) tower on the far side, domed with a blue roof. A sign above the door reads, "Allimon Exploration Company".

Remove ads