Help with a book's binding

johnsemlak

First Post
I just received a copy of WotC's Dieties and Demigods I got cheap on Ebay. It's in fine condition except that during the long shipment the front cover came loose. The glue holding the pages is still ok, and the back cover is fine.

Any ideas on the best way to fix this?

Last edited:

bubbalin

First Post
Calico_Jack73 said:
Go to Kinkos and get it put back on or rebound.

You do realise that he is in Russia...

but getting it professionally done is an option. Alternatively you could just cover it with a clear self adhesive and use that to hold the cover on. Similarly tape, etc. Depends how much it's worth to you. :)

johnsemlak

First Post
bubbalin said:
You do realise that he is in Russia...

but getting it professionally done is an option. Alternatively you could just cover it with a clear self adhesive and use that to hold the cover on. Similarly tape, etc. Depends how much it's worth to you. :)
we'll there are copy centers like Kinko's. Those places are normally able to rebind a book? Cool. that might be a good idea.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Oops... didn't notice the Russia thing.

Most good copy stores can do rebindings. The Midnight Campaign Setting books are notorious for it so I've been doing some preemptive research on getting books rebound in preparation for mine falling apart.

johnsemlak

First Post
bubbalin said:
Well, I figured that. It was just the mention of a specific store...
Oh, yeah, no problem. And there definitely aren't any Kinko's near where I am.

I think outside the US Kinko's deosn't have the generic 'copy shop' meaning for that matter.

Thanks for the tip.

Remove ads