Gary Gygax health update

MerakSpielman

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
The high blood pressure is likely the worst threat, and that's mainly from overweight surely. It is a double whammy to have to quit eating well and stop smoking at the same time. I am tapering off cigarettes, as I don't want to shock my system after 50 years of nicotine. Cutting out salt and fats isn't all that difficult for me, but making that pay in terms of weight loss is going to be hard indeed. Gin isn't forbidden, but the calories...
Could be worse. They could have told you you needed to give up gaming. ;)

I hesitate to think what you would have told them had they dared utter such nonsense!

I'm glad you're on the road to recovery. A stroke is never a small matter, and to be quite frank, I'm glad you're still with us.

The world needs as many bad-pun-appreciators as it can get.

Good luck giving up your vices!

Last edited:

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
From everyone at Dragonlance.com, I want to wish Mr. Gygax the best of luck and the best of health.

My dad had a mild stroke several years back. After some diligence on his part, especially with diet, he's done very well, and not had another since.

My wife has sleep apnea. She got a c-pap (sp?) machine, and that's done wonders for her.

Above all, keep smiling!

Zudrak

Explorer
Gary,

I pray that you have a speedy recovery and that the Spirit of God and Hand of Jesus continue to "mend" you -- inside and out.

Thank you for your wonderful "gifts" to the world over the last 30+ years. I especially thank you for taking the time to email back and forth with me last year regarding editing and writing in the gaming industry. I sent an email to Mr. Clark since I no longer have your email.

Take care, get some rest, and recharge your batteries. God bless you.

Respectfully yours in Him,
Michael Gross
Isaiah 53:1-12

Gary,

Thanks for all the years of gaming enjoyment, and many more to come! From one (former) Wisconsinite to another, it is probably the weather! :lol:

I will pray for your quick recovery and future good health.

We are grateful, O God, for the gift of life and for the healing powers that You have implanted within Your creatures. Sustain Gary, our loved one, through these days of illness with the courage and fortitude he needs to endure weakness and pain. Help us to find ways to show our love and concern for him, so that we may influence for good in his time of need. And may all who suffer illness of body or mind know that You are with them, giving them strength of spirit as they struggle to recover. May their afflictions soon be ended, and may they return in health to family and friends.

Ba-ruch a-ta Adonai
ro-fei ha-cho-lim

I praise You, O God, the Source of healing.

Respectfully,
Steven Martin, Captain, US Army

greymist

Lurker Extraordinaire
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Gary.

Quitting smoking and losing weight only require some willpower, and I am confident you have plenty!

Good luck.

Looking forward to many more years of great gaming material from you.

Henrix

Explorer
I have an old button that says, "May you always make your saving throw!", and that is what I hope for you. Thanks for inventing the hobby that has brightened my life for the last 25 years!

Ulrick

First Post
Get well soon, Gary.

If you don't my players will start blaming me for their character deaths when I run them through the Tomb of Horrors. ;)

If all creativity comes from God and Heaven, then the Tomb of Horrors must be an example of God's Wrath to all arrogant and egotistical players out there... :eek:

Ulrick

Green Knight

First Post
Man, I damn near had a panic attack when I first heard that Gary had a stroke (Mild or not, it's still a stroke). Anyway, I don't do much praying, but I'll pray for you, Gary. Hope you get well.

Remove ads