Modifying Forge of Fury

iwatt

First Post
For story erasons, I'd prefer to change the Ogre in the first level of Forge of Fury for an Orc NPC with class levels. What would be an appropriate Level , class mix, feats, etc... I'm running the following party through the module:

Barb 3
Bard 3
Cleric of Tempus 3
Sorc 3
Ranger 3 (TWF)

Also, this is my first time running official modules. Since I'm running a larger group, what should I modify? Should I add orcs, troglodytes etc..

Any help would be appreciated

stevelabny

Explorer
iwatt said:
For story erasons, I'd prefer to change the Ogre in the first level of Forge of Fury for an Orc NPC with class levels. What would be an appropriate Level , class mix, feats, etc... I'm running the following party through the module:

Barb 3
Bard 3
Cleric of Tempus 3
Sorc 3
Ranger 3 (TWF)

Also, this is my first time running official modules. Since I'm running a larger group, what should I modify? Should I add orcs, troglodytes etc..

Any help would be appreciated

you might want to read my thread abut this module and see some of the suggestions that were made.

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80167

your party is much better balanced that mine was , and the bard will help to power up the three fighter types even more. This is a case where one or two lucky blows by the baddies can still drop most 3rd level characters, but if your party fights correctly, they will win relatively easily. you might want to see how it goes and then add a few more mooks and bump each tribe leader up a HD or two. (depending on what other tricks they get with the extra HD)

iwatt said:
For story erasons, I'd prefer to change the Ogre in the first level of Forge of Fury for an Orc NPC with class levels. What would be an appropriate Level , class mix, feats, etc...

Great Ulfe (the Orc Chief) is an ogre of CR3. If you want to keep it at CR3, you might as well make him a 3rd level orc fighter. Give him a reach weapon (because Great Ulfe has reach too). A 3rd level orc fighter will have 4 feats. Give him Weapon focus (reach weapon), Iron will (like Ulfe), maybe combat reflexes (you'll need to bump up his dex) and another feat (power attack?). If you want to make the fight a little tougher, bump your Orc Fighter up to 4th level and give him Weapon Specialization in his reach weapon.

I hope I'll have a chance to run this module too :)

AR

iwatt

First Post
I like the Lev 4 Reach Orc.
Feats: Ex Spike Chain, WF, Combat Reflexes, WS.

Never used the Spike Chain before, but I want to catch them unaware with the Combat Reflexes. :D

About the balanced party, yeah I think they're pretty well off. They can find traps and secret doors (good search) but can't disable them. They're pretty melee heavy, but low on the magic weapon side.

Thanks for the help.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases