(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 4)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Edena here. A number of annoucements.

First of all, Turn 6 will start on April 1st, at 13:00 hours (1 in the afternoon) my time.

Secondly, Turn 6 will last one year, or 10 threads.
The Technological and Magical Arms Race function normally for the Turn, as does Advancing Your Civilization.
The other Arms Races are at x 12.

I NEED YOUR TEMPLATES FOR TURN 6, NOW.

I need your Red Goo rating for Turn 6, now.

- - -

For Turn 6, I ask everyone send me no more than 3 e-mails.
If you have a question, and post it to the boards, I may or may not be able to answer it.

If you take actions, and play the IR, I will do my best to make rulings on what happens.
That was my job in the first and second IRs, and should have been my job here.

I will also help Venus to create a Template, and understand how this all works.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Answers and IC responses

Melkor

Edena, are Shade armies still assembling across Plane Of Shadow?

ANSWER: Yes.

Actually I wil be soon offline and return at 2nd April, could you control my forces until then?

ANSWER: For me to control the Shade, at this critical point, would be grossly unfair to a number of players. If you cannot play the Shade, then I shall declare them inactive on Turn 6. (I still require your Template, however.)

- - -

'o Skoteinos

Edena, I'm gonna find me a chronomancer. One that can cast 9th level spells, and who might be willing to aid me...

ANSWER: None are available. Chronomancy is unavailable, generally, in the IR. (Chronomancy has this tendency to ruin games, so I avoid it - even I avoid it, who allows starships, nuclear weapons, and 11th level magic.)

- - -

Kalanyr

Kalanyr appears at the conference

Thank you for ignoring my emisaries final speech, but then again every powerful force to appear out of thin air does the same thing so I guess I'm not offended. Do you care to make a reply now? That is Before you bring a pile of evil together and give them 11th level magic whitch everyone who is a major player except myself,The Lortmils and formerly the God Emperor, has somewhere.

ANSWER:

You get an answer, Kalanyr. Oh yes, indeed.

Mina turns to Kalanyr, and speaks:

Hail, Kalanyr.
You are the noble leader of the drow.
I wish to invite you to join the Union of Worlds.
Stand with us, to create a world bound by the rule of law and the hope of lasting peace.
Eschew war and the squabbles of small nations, and join the power that is evolving here.

Eilistraee has no place in this new order.
Then again, neither has Lolth.

The One God, the God Emperor, and Lord Melkor are the deities of the Union of Worlds, and this is as it should be.

I do not say to you that you must eschew your religion.
I do say to you that you will be forbidden to practice it in the World Forum.
Those are our laws, and the law must be obeyed.

There will be peace and prosperity for your people.
You will not again be troubled by war and hunger, disease and strife.
But you must bow to the One God and the equals of the One God, and you must learn to obey.

This is an offer, not a threat.
You are free to refuse.
But I say to you - accept the One God into your hearts, and the drow will stand amongst the powerful of Oerth.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Melkor notices Kalanyr`s apperance and smiles:

-Hello old friend! I hope you know that I invited some of your brethren to our little party on Oerth. It is a pity that your former Queen isn`t very happy, and I am sure she would LOVE you visiting her in Abyss to explain everything to her, and I am afraid it will be a LONG and not very nice visit for you. You will soon understand how foolish it was for you to turn From The Path Of Power and Freedom to The Path Of Enslavement, for only those that care for themselves and no one else can be trully free.

ANSWER:

Mina turns to Lord Melkor, and comments:

Nay.
If the drow will join the Union of Worlds, Lolth will not trouble them.
If they will bow to the One God, the God Emperor, and Lord Melkor, they will be protected from the minions of the insane Goddess known as Lolth.
If they will submit, then they will have our protection.
The One God protects those who serve the One God.
The One God requires obedience, and unswerving faith, in return.

And, there is no such thing as freedom.
There is only slavery.
However, there is slavery, and then there is slavery.
The slavery of peace and prosperity is far preferable to the slavery of disunion and war.

I am a slave of the One God.
My loyalty to the One God is total and complete.
My faith in the One God is total.
The One God fills my heart and soul with peace and joy.
Whatever the One God commands, so shall I, Mina, do, and with joy at every command.

Others will come to realize the joy of submission, the thrill of faith, the warmth of the One God's protection and love.

Just as the Shade thrill to serve Lord Melkor.

Just as the people of the Union of Oerth, thrill to serve the God Emperor.

- - -

Anabstercorian

And here he is...

Anabstercorian teleports in behind Mina. He blinks for a moment, seeing the sheer power and evil washing off of her in waves. He shrugs it off. At the moment, he is dressed in a simple cotton robe, wielding nothing but a simple quarterstaff, a small pocket of spell-components held under his cloak.

<< Mina... I have heard of you. I wish to speak with you as well. >>

ANSWER:

Mina speaks first.

You stand alone, Anabstercorian.
The Alliance of Oerth does not trust you, cannot trust you, dares not trust you.
The formians and other neutrals do not trust you, dare not trust you.
The Eternal Order is your enemy.
All of Realmspace is your enemy, and certainly Forrester is not an ally.

I offer you and yours sanctuary.
Join the Union of Worlds, and let the Solistarim join as well.
In this Union will you find safety and peace.

There will be no further nuclear threat to you and yours.
There will be no further intimidation from 10th level magic to you and yours.
The Torilians will not wield 11th level magic against you.
The Shade will stand as your allies, and not your enemies.
The Union of Oerth will stand by your side.
I will stand by your side.

- - -

creamsteak

IC- (After Mina told me that I could be free of fear, which I take a glancing and non-intentional insult)

Mina, before I would consider joining you, after those unintentional and forgiven insults, I ask you to read this book. You will find it to be the most influencing piece of literature you have ever read. If you have a problem with reading it, in no way can I serve you. This book, behind no mask of faith, is a Book of Exalted Deeds. It covers the history of many heroes, and most recently, I have inscribed the records of myself and the Knights of Delrune. This book will give you a Quest fit specifically for you. In no way can I command the quest, as it is meant for your attonement.
After you have read it, hand it to the God Emporer. Then Kas. Every last one of you has spoken of protecting Oerth, save Lord Melkor. Those of you who are brave enough to face this book and their personal quest will prove themselves to me and in the eyes of many others.
Sollir has never said he wants to do good for the world, and I believe him with everything in me. He has sworn aid to me for only one reason, necessity. I will not subject him or Lord Melkor to this book. Melkor has never stated he wants to help Oerth.
If any of you try and protect yourself from this book, you will be dishonored by the Knights of Delrune for the next millenium. I do not jest.

ANSWER:

(Yes, you may be surprised by this.)

Mina shrugs, and picks up the Book of Exalted Deeds, and reads it.
She is finished with it within an hour.

She nods gravely, and comments:

There is much wisdom in this book.
Much about peace, joy, and love.

(she smiles dreamily)

As I have found peace, joy, and love in the embrace of the One God.

(And yes, she radiates as much evil as ever, and is otherwise unchanged.)

- - -

William Ronald

Thanks for the support

OOC: I am back. I have had a few rough days, but I am better. I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and support. It is hard loosing someone close to you.
Also, I will be busy in the next few weeks, but I am in the IR to stay. I owe it to all of you, especially Edena. That and I consider my promises to be important.

ANSWER:

Welcome back, William! :)
And you too, Kaboom!
Cheers. It is really good to have both of you back.
And Forrester, I hope you get over your illness soon.

Everyone, Forrester is feeling very ill.
Please give him your support, would you?

- - -

Dagger

I will speak to this Mina person, I'm curious to here what she has to say.

ANSWER:

I will use a new post below to explain what Mina says to your PC, Dagger.

- - -

Sollir Furryfoot

Assuming Mina is still there with everyone, Hellmaster takes a visit as well, in his human *boy* form (not girlish Creamsteak )

Appearing at the youthful age of around 12, even younger looking-and outwardly more innocent than Mina, Hellmaster greets her, "Hello Miss Mina," The boy takes a respectful bow, "my name is Phibrizzo, but I bet you already know that." Phibrizzo holds his hand out to shake Mina's.
Regardless if Mina accepts or not though Phibrizzo continues, "As you can see this normally boring world, things are stirring up, and I'm glad you're bringing more fun here. Lord Xvim seems to be my current benefactor right now, and he has truely blessed me." Phibrizzo pauses for a moment, and smiles, "But your One God seems very interesting as well, interesting people tend to bring more fun about." Hellmaster thinks, "Say, why don't you tell me more about him when you have some free time? Away from some of these boring old do-gooders, if you won't read Mr. Sanctus' book, I won't think of you any less-we have a mutual relationship you could say."
"Ah, I see the God-Emporer is here, as well as Kas," Hellmaster bows to them, "...and the squid, erm, what's his name? Ah yes, Anabstercorian." A small flash of anger shows in his eyes as Hellmaster gives a wink, returning back to his usual, calm self. "I'm sure there's something you would want to say to me, although it seems like you're a little busy for playing." Hellmaster gives a slight sigh and then awaits expectingly for Miss Mina's response.

ANSWER: Mina smiles shyly to Hellmaster Phibrizzo, then she walks over to him, and wraps her arms around him.
She gently kisses him on the mouth, and whispers:

Well met, Hellmaster.
What shall we talk about?

You fascinate me, Phibrizzo.
If you would join our Union of Worlds, I could show you all the joys and wonders of Krynn, and the joys of the One God, and we could get to know each other very well indeed ...

(She looks into his face, smiling softly)

Would you join us?
There are secrets I know.
Deep secrets.
I will share them all with you, if you will join with me.
Secrets of power, of glory, of victory, and of ecstasy.

- - -

William

The Kevellond League shares what it has learned in the previous threads with the people of AnaKeri and Aquaria. I have made a generous offer to AnaKeri. I am willing to extend the offer to Aquaria.
I send ambassadors to their lands. I also try to inquire about the mysterious unaligned creatures outside of Aquaria's main territory. Possibly they are automatons or outside of the alignment system. However, most beings have wants and needs. I try to ascertain how to approach them.
I contact Alzem and the powers on Krynn opposed to Mina.
Also, I try to see what help I can get for opposing the Fleet of Evil from other worlds. Mystara, for example. Also, maybe the Veiled Alliance (good and neutral powers) on Athas might help. I also try to contact the inhabitants of Cerilia, the Birthright Setting, that are aligned with good and neutrality. I also ask that the good and neutral aligned spell jamming races help. There has to be some degree of good or neutrality to balance the increase in evil's PLs.
(If this is likely to be the IR to end all IRs, let us raise this up a notch.)

ANSWER:

AnaKeri joins the Alliance of Oerth, and for the sake of balance I am giving control of the 5 nations of AnaKeri to Venus, our newest player.

Aquaria remains neutral, as do the nations around it.

In order for the nations of Mystara, Athas, or Aebrinis to join the IR, I require people to play them.
It is not within my capability to do so.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Melkor speaks:

-Well, I know that there is no way I can conquer this world, at least for now, so I may find peace satisfactory. But I understand the anger that burns in the hearts of beings that compose Fleet Of Darkness, for they don`t know the corruption that started on Toril to spread across the multiverse. I know that Angels of Seventh Heaven are behind this, and now they are amassing their armies, to enforce their will upon people of Oerth.
He speaks to the representative of Angels ( I think they sent someone to conference):

-I see you are greedy! It is not enough that Toril belongs to you, but you want also Oerth! If you come here, Hordes of Shadow will join forces with Fleet Of Darkness, and their Wrath will crush you and your puppets on Oerth! Furthermore I will use 10th level magic to open gates to ALL Lower Planes on Oerth, I am sure that their inhabitants would love to visit this beatiful world in large numbers! And there are always Elder Ones, that I will have no qualms to use as ultimate weapon of Doom. Actually I would love to see them in action, especially against my enemies.

ANSWER:

NOTICE TO ALL PLAYERS - THIS GETS A RESPONSE.

A great sadness is suddenly felt by all present, except for Mina, the God Emperor, and Lord Melkor only.
One of the Angels, appears at the conference in Rauxes.

The Angel appears as you all remember the Angels as appearing - it is glowing with a radiant white light.
It is dressed in gauze, and it's skin has an ethereal beauty.
It's hair is luminous and silvery, it's face gentle, expressive, and kindly, and there is no way to determine it's gender - it could be either male or female.
It has a sheathed sword at it's side, and this sword is Peacebound. The scabbard glows a gentle white.
The Angel is actually transparent - you can vaguely see through it to see the others at the conference.
However, the Angel's body is only vaguely visible through the gauzy robes.

The Angel is suffering.
Tears are falling down it's face.
It is obviously in pain.
And this pain is whelming, like a blow in the face, to everyone present except the three mentioned above.

The Angel speaks, very softly, and with difficulty, for it is trying to avoid weeping:

We are bound by the Mandate given to us.
We must do, as Alzem requests that we do.

Yet we accept full and utter responsibility for all our acts.
We accept the full punishment and all the consequences for our deeds.

(The Angel breaks down, and weeps openly, then recovers)

If we are required to go to War, then we must go to War.
We APPRECIATE what War means.
That is why we are sad.

(The Angel looks at Mina)

We love all Mortals.
We desire true joy for all Mortals.

We are saddened when we see that Mortals are ensnared by hateful, hurtful Powers, who lead them to ultimate sorrow and pain, and down into darkness.
You, Mina, are one such Mortal.

We pity you.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
" I have fought for Freedom in my mind for my centuries than you know, I struggled and guarded my thoughts awaiting my time, I refuse to believe that there is no Freedom,such a thought is intolerable the very essence of Tyranny. You can not use magic of the 11th order here, you cannot defend us against Lolth who comes now, nor will you tell us who we cannot worship in public be we free to do so in private. Such offers are the tools of Tyranny. I think I know your mind now however. You truly believe your beliefs will lead to the Greater Good don't you? You sincerely believe that yours is the correct path. While I do not approve of your beliefs nor do I particularly approve of that Solar over there who will ally with Dragon Highlords for the purpose of defeating you. Such views are almost fitting for the mind of a fiend." Kalanyr glares at Alzem, here.

"We cannot join you, I am sorry but our beliefs run counter to yours"

Edena- Is Mina aware of everyones Secret Retreats and if so how? We cannot use 10+ level magic on Krynn so how can she use 11th here (as she offered to do for Zouron) ? Or is this another one of those inexplicable BAD THINGS (TM) that keep happening to us?

Edena, can I state some actions my faction will automatically perform if I am offline, if so I state that my forces will fight in battles between Union Of Worlds and Alliance Of Oerth, on the side of the former, of course. I would ask another player to control my forces while I am offline, but unfortunately there is nobody I really trust.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
No, Mina cannot see your Secret Retreats.

- - -

Mina responds to Kalanyr, speaking softly:

You are entitled to your own beliefs.
I merely state that if you join us, you must obey our laws.

If we joined you, we would have to obey your laws.

I think that if you joined the Union of Worlds, we would have a greater chance of protecting Oerth from the Fleet of Darkness.
We would be able to intercept them before they reached Greyspace, and stop them.
Before the battle with them caused the power of the Red Goo to grow, which will happen if the battle occurs here in Greyspace.

We wish to extend to the drow the full protection and strength of the Union of Worlds.
We wish to extend the hand of the One God, the God Emperor, and the Lord Melkor to your people.

Yet if you refuse us, we cannot force you to do so.

And then, the Fleet of Darkness will come to Greyspace, and there will be battle, and the Red Goo will strengthen.

For you have 10th level magic, Kalanyr.
You and Alzem both have this magic.
With it, you can deploy your forces beyond Greyspace, and give battle to the Fleet of Darkness before it reaches this Crystal Sphere.

We cannot do this.
We are limited to 9th level magic.
We must wait, and give battle to them here, in Greyspace.

Alzem plans to attack us, and gathers even his enemies the Dragon Overlords in alliance to do so.
Even as the Fleets of Darkness approach, threatening the destruction of us all.

If a hurricane approached, would you kill the horses, burn your magical books, and destroy your storm shelters?
So that when the hurricane arrived, you were helpless and defenseless before it?
And yet, this is what Alzem proposes to do - he will destroy us, and his own forces, and leave Oerth weakened and helpless.
Then the United Army of Darkness will destroy Oerth.

Is this what you want?

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Yes, Melkor, you can.
Please e-mail these actions to me.

I reserve the right to overrule any actions you send me, based on how I think the Shade would react to unexpected situations.

Kalanyr

Explorer
"Laws? Before I can even begin considering this, I must see these laws, and it is only given the nature of the threat that approaches I can consider allying with you at all, follower of Tiamat/Takhisis. I think you do not understand the purpose of your Goddess. "

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Mina speaks again:

Kalanyr, you seek Divine Ascension.
You are close ... very close ... to achieving it.

Would you not join our new Pantheon?

I think the Lord Melkor and the God Emperor could accept that.

The One God would accept that.

Then your people would merge with our people.

Drow, human, Shade, all would be forged into a new and greater race of beings.
Wiser, stronger, more lorewise in magic than any previous generation.

The drow would look to all the Pantheon, but especially they would look to you, Kalanyr.

I do not think (Mina looks at Lord Melkor) that the Lord Melkor would mind at all.

I think he would welcome you into the new Pantheon.
I think he would welcome your people into the Union of the Worlds.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases