Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Thanee

Friend+

D&D Miniatures - Older editions?

Hey!

Does anyone know, if WotC is going to republish the older editions of the D&D miniatures?

I havn't got any of those yet, but heard that the older ones are not available anymore.

Bye
    Thanee

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block johnsemlak

Friend+
    Are you refering to the Harbringer Starter and booster packs, or the old chainmail minis?

The Harbringer sets are still available in Amazon.com

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Forgotten RealmsPlanescapeRokuganD&D

Block Li Shenron

Friend+
    Hope this doesn't hijack the thread but... when I read the title I thought you were talking about a third thing. Looking around for the new D&D Miniatures line in local RPG store I have found a box with label "Dungeon & Dragons Miniatures", not Chainmail, which had inside 5-6 unpainted minis. The front side of the box depicted a Minotaur. What was that?

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block johnsemlak

Friend+
    Hope this doesn't hijack the thread but... when I read the title I thought you were talking about a third thing. Looking around for the new D&D Miniatures line in local RPG store I have found a box with label "Dungeon & Dragons Miniatures", not Chainmail, which had inside 5-6 unpainted minis. The front side of the box depicted a Minotaur. What was that?
    Ah, I forgot about those. I have one set, Hero's Collection II or something like that.

Yeah, it was 5-6 plastic unpainted minis. Though not officially Chainmail (Chainmail minis were metel) they did come with Chainmail stat cards.

I think overall there were about three sets of these minis. They were basically to be used by PCs for they're characters as far as I can tell.

I assume they're not sold anymore.
    Last edited by johnsemlak; Tuesday, 13th April, 2004 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsemlak
    Yeah, it was 5-6 plastic unpainted minis. Though not officially Chainmail (Chainmail minis were metel) they did come with Chainmail stat cards.

I think overall there were about three sets of these minis. They were basically to be used by PCs for they're characters as far as I can tell.
    They weren't plastic. I believe there were 8 sets (Heros I-III, Monsters I-III, and Dragons I & II). I have most of them, except the dragons sets. The miniatures are exactly the same as the Chainmail minis (just repackaged for mass market retail), and they came with Chainmail cards as John mentioned. The last set (Monsters III) came out just before Chainmail was cancelled, and that was the only place to get the Hill Giant that was supposed to come out with the next wave of Chainmail, which never appeared.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block rgard

Friend+

Books a Million and Waldens

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu's Librarian
    They weren't plastic. I believe there were 8 sets (Heros I-III, Monsters I-III, and Dragons I & II). I have most of them, except the dragons sets. The miniatures are exactly the same as the Chainmail minis (just repackaged for mass market retail), and they came with Chainmail cards as John mentioned. The last set (Monsters III) came out just before Chainmail was cancelled, and that was the only place to get the Hill Giant that was supposed to come out with the next wave of Chainmail, which never appeared.
    You can probably find the boxed metal figures mentioned above at Books-a-Million or Waldens. They are usually located with the D&D plastic (Harbinger, Dragoneye and Arch Fiends) display or with the D&D books.

Thanks,
    Rich

I still see the chainmail and Hero sets around. I don't know if they are just old ones the stores still have though.

Are those the ones you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Li Shenron
    WOTC put out some 3e D&D minis about the same time that Chainmail was being produced. They aren't technically Chainmail minis, though several of the CM sculpt were sold in those boxes. You can still run across the occasional box set (like the minotaur one you described) or blister pack, though they have been OOP for a while now.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Kesh

Friend+
    Wizards have stated that they are going to stick with the new plastic minis line for the forseeable future. However, some of their concepts for the Chainmail minis line have been remade for the new Miniatures game (Abyssal Maw, for instance).

Some Chainmail metal figures are approved for tournament play in place of their plastic counterparts. The Wizards website details which ones.

However, they've stated that the earlier metal D&D figures (pre-Chainmail, red cardboard and transparent blisters) are not tournament approved, which is a disappointment.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

Block Silveras

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanee
    Hey!

Does anyone know, if WotC is going to republish the older editions of the D&D miniatures?

I havn't got any of those yet, but heard that the older ones are not available anymore.

Bye
    Thanee
    Others have covered the Chainmail and non-Chainmail metals, so I will just expand on John's response for the current line of plastic minis.

The Harbinger Booster packs are no longer being produced, but there are still some on shelves in stores.

The (Harbinger) Entry Packs are supposed to remain in production and distribution until the 5th set of minis is released (expected October/November 2004). That set will have new Entry Packs, and the ones with Harbinger Minis will be discontinued at that time.

The Dragoneye series is going out of production soon, according to at least one of the volume seller's web sites.

Archfiends is just out, so will remain in production for a bit longer.

Giants of Legend (set #4) is due in June.

Some types of very basic minis may get re-released (with a new version) as part of future sets. One always needs hordes of Goblins, or Skeletons, for example, so such minis are likely to be in production most of the time.

MerricB's page is a very good place for information on these items.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply