D&D Miniatures - Older editions?

Li Shenron

Legend
Thanee said:
And if the miniatures are cool enough, they would make a good base for using them to display combats as well (of course one would need multiple copies of several more common monsters then).

That's exactly the point :)

I am pleased that WotC produced very cheap minis to be massively used in gaming. I was unpleased that they decided to sell them randomly, and that was the main reason why I never bought them, although recently I have been looking for places to buy some of them one by one for the characters.

I was just wondering that, if you wanted them to use for gaming you may not be satisfied by having 1 skeleton, 1 goblin and so on (although WotC did quite a good move in making at least a bunch of 6-8 different orcs), and at the same time having weirdos you might never use. On the other hand, I always thought that the point of collecting something was the gradually gathering the whole thing, slowly in time... that's what I remember from when I used to collect stamps as a kid :p

So somehow to get them all at once sounds a little weird to me... but of course that's your choice :)

I have seen some places online that sell the whole set of a series, I'll come back with a link in a moment...

Li Shenron

Legend
How stupid... :( I though I remembered to have seen "Sealed Factory Case" and thought it was a case with one per each mini, instead it's just a case with 16 random boosters...

However, here's a link to a previous thread of mine with a few links, in case you want to take a look at prices for the missing ones: http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82488

I can't understand what happened to all the marketing laws they made me study in our economy course, most of the places sell a case of 16 booster for the price of... 16 times the price of a single booster! :confused:

Thanee

First Post
Yeah, collecting normally works like that, but for discontinued series, that's not really easy, if you can't buy them in the store anymore. ;)

That's what I meant with buying the older sets for catching up. Then start buying the boosters of the newer sets, trading and stuff.

Well that won't happen during the next couple weeks, anyways. It's kinda expensive to get all of those... :D

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Everything is very helpful so far. :)

Looks like it seems still possible to get all that stuff, which is pretty cool.

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases