Looking to start or join existing D&D 3/3.5 group (NJ)

GoatBoyKev

First Post
I'm a 15+ year D&D gamers hoping to join up with a group of 21+(age) D&D 3.0 or 3.5 gamers in Central NJ area.
I'm in the Monmouth county area, but may be willing to travel some to game...
Previous group became way too unreliable and was only playing maybe once a month with many interuptions....drove me nuts...

Last edited:

hamletru

First Post
Ersatz Gamer seeks game

About 15 years ago, I used to play 2nd edition, but for at least a decade haven't played at all. I've been, in the last couple days, seeking a new game but having little luck. I'm not precisely a great gamer, but I'm willing to learn. I know nothing about 3rd edition except that it's confusing the heck out of me after spending years knowing 2nd edition front to back, but again, I'd be willing to learn.

Any particular plans for campaigns? Or just fishing here?

If you're willing to go back to 2nd ed., I've got literaly tons of material from a couple of game worlds -- Dark Sun, Planescape, Forgotten Realms, DragonLance, and 1st ed. Greyhawk (with a few mods, it can be second edition very easily). Plus, I've got a whole library of "player's guide to____" in my attic.

What say you?

hamletru

First Post
Bump Still Looking for Games

Apparantly, nobody reads this thread, or nobody lives in Northern or Central New Jersey.

I'm still looking for games anywhere in the area or within an hour's travel. It just seems that nobody around here plays anymore.

wsclark

Explorer
hamletru said:
Apparantly, nobody reads this thread, or nobody lives in Northern or Central New Jersey.

I'm still looking for games anywhere in the area or within an hour's travel. It just seems that nobody around here plays anymore.
Well, not when I'm away on vacation! :D

Anyway, I live in Northern New Jersey at the border of Morris and Sussex counties and run a weekly game on Thursday evenings. What might you be looking for?

hamletru

First Post
Breaking into song . . .

wsclark said:
Well, not when I'm away on vacation! :D

Anyway, I live in Northern New Jersey at the border of Morris and Sussex counties and run a weekly game on Thursday evenings. What might you be looking for?

You have made my day friend! :D

Actually, at this point, I'm looking for any serious game that'll have me as a member.;) Seriously, mostly I'm looking for a game of good old fashioned D+D RPG that's not of the limited hack slash and loot variety, i.e., real character development and story telling. But a little hack and slash is definately a big bonus.

Where and when do you play? Got an opening for an old school guy?

GoatBoyKev

First Post
Must have been a vacation weekend for all, as I was on vacation too!

Anyways, I had been playing 3rd edition for the past 2 or 3 years, but my group recently broke up as people couldn't devote any time to playing any longer.

So I'm here looking for a 3rd (or 3.5) edition existing game, or to start one up with some people. I could easily be talked into a 2nd edition game as well, as I played that and 1st edition for years. I'm an epic story junkie, so I love the idea of role playing 1st, hack/slash 2nd (though both are necessary).

I'm in monmouth county and would be interested in anything within an hour drive from me.

If any are interested in a new member ot starting up a new game, please don't hesitate to let me know!

~ Kevin

GoatBoyKev

First Post
Must have been a vacation weekend for all, as I was on vacation too!

Anyways, I had been playing 3rd edition for the past 2 or 3 years, but my group recently broke up as people couldn't devote any time to playing any longer.

So I'm here looking for a 3rd (or 3.5) edition existing game, or to start one up with some people. I could easily be talked into a 2nd edition game as well, as I played that and 1st edition for years. I'm an epic story junkie, so I love the idea of role playing 1st, hack/slash 2nd (though both are necessary).

I'm in monmouth county and would be interested in anything within an hour drive from me.

If any are interested in a new member ot starting up a new game, please don't hesitate to let me know!

~ Kevin

wsclark

Explorer
hamletru said:
You have made my day friend! :D

Actually, at this point, I'm looking for any serious game that'll have me as a member.;) Seriously, mostly I'm looking for a game of good old fashioned D+D RPG that's not of the limited hack slash and loot variety, i.e., real character development and story telling. But a little hack and slash is definately a big bonus.

Where and when do you play? Got an opening for an old school guy?
Quite possibly. Is there a way I can contact you off the boards? Or just drop me an email to wsclark at ptd dot net.

trentonjoe

Explorer
Hi guys!

I live in Roebling, about a 20 minutes from the edge of Monmouth county ( I work in Allentown). IF you are interested, click the link in my signature or just email me at

cscaturo@hotmail.com

We play a 3.5 game once a month on Sundays.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases