Baby Pictures of the Elder Gods

Holy Bovine

First Post
Ooohhhhh I can feel the Elder Gods anger growing with every post to this thread.

My Cthulhu plush doll has been looking at me oddly during my peals of laughter ;)

Sialia

First Post
Holy Bovine said:
Ooohhhhh I can feel the Elder Gods anger growing with every post to this thread.

Look, there's hypothetically several races of powerful beings that get annoyed when called by rude names, for which there is a reasonable hope that you might placate them with proper forms of address, and sometimes little bowls of milk left out on the doorstep.

I have yet to meet anything in a CoC campaign that even comprehended that the little squeaky sounds I make have meaning. A cockroach might as well worry about addressing Bandeeto politely. Either way, it's going to be bad for the roach.

When the vast, monstrous, insane supernatural beings break through from another dimension to destroy us all, they will insult me most by being utterly ignorant of my attmpt to peg spitballs at them.

I hope.

Anyway, fear not, there's still more to come. I just need a few moments free time to get 'em scanned and uploaded. There's at least 2 more ready to go, and one more still in conceptual phase.

I'm not sure where I go after that. I might need to open a new thread with a broader concept. How long can I beat this joke into the earth before it gets funny again? Only time will tell . . .

Sialia

First Post
Cyberholder

Ok, this is an oldie I'm recycling, and it's not remotely Lovecraftian.
Apologies--it's what I've got on hand, and I hate to leave you guys dangling too long without goodies. I want you to still be around when I have my next flash of inspiration.

So here's the concept: Beholder, adapted for use in a Cyberpunk setting. Note use of fetishes and tatoos in addition to cybernetic enhancements.

The joke part is subtle here, but it's based on a theory my DM back in college had that High Magic and High Technology were inherently incompatible and that whenever they came into contact with each other, one or the other would be destroyed.

Hah hah.

When I did this doodle, I wasn't aware that it wasn't a commonly held theory. ( I mean, I should have known, I've been through Barrier Peaks twice, but somehow it's my college GMs version of technology in a fantasy setting that sticks with me: imagine us examining a dungeon all full of strange metal barrels inscribed with an insignia that looked like three triangles around a circle. Not one of our characters had any excuse for knowing whose symbol that is, or what it might mean. I mean, what do you do with regular metal chests found in dungeons? Check 'em for traps, and get on with it, right? What would you have done?)

So, if you buy that premise, that Beholders just can't use Tech because they're inherently magical, then the sketch is funny.

I recommend buying the theory, because without it, the sketch is nightmarish on a scale even I don't want to contemplate.

Last edited:

Sialia

First Post
Cyberholder, take 2

Sorry, file didn't get attached. Here it is:

Attachments

• cyberholder.jpg
    cyberholder.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 898
Last edited:

ether

First Post
These are really cool.

Would you mind if I made printout's of the story panels to brighten up my hallway with Sialia?

I think they are just PERFECT, minimalistic, no fuss

Sialia

First Post
Well, gosh. That is terribly nice. No, I don't mind if you print out one copy to hang on your wall.

When I say "all rights reserved," I mostly am trying to protect myself from:

scenario 1: somebody using my work to say, make up a whole bunch of t-shirts to sell at Gencon, or something like that.

scenario 2: somebody copied the jpeg and emailed it to 2 friends who emailed it to 2 friends and so on and so on until nobody remembered that it was mine anymore and it was just sort of floating around the web in myriad copies more or less public domain and I lost my rights to them altogether.

Would anybody be interested in obtaining originals if I was to, say, post them on Ebay?

Sialia

First Post
Ok, here's this week's original brainstorm.

It's a snapshot from the wedding of KidCthulhu and Piratecat, natch. Actually,IRL, this was a pretty tame and tasteful affair.

But the drawing does raise some interesting ideas for a module: anyone ever contemplated the vast potential for a Con module based on your typical Wedding? The Party get to be the bridal party, natch, and there are all the usual horrors to face: the Big White Dress, The Ring, the Caterer, the Wedding Band, the Gilt Covered Hall of Mirror Encrusted Horrors . . .

next up: my favorite doodle from MY wedding: the Slug Bride, or why a 5 foot tall bride should never wear a ten foot long train.

Attachments

• kcpc.jpg
    kcpc.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 750

Sialia

First Post
Ok, so, true story: I wore my grandmother's vintage 1939 wedding dress.

It was a beautiful dress.

Sadly, I'm a good half a foot shorter than my grandmother was at her wedding. Also, sadly, the photographer made the mistake of stretching the train all the way out in all of the photos instead of coiling it about my feet like the pool of shimming satin that my grandmother is rising out of in her wedding photo.

So, naturally, after the wedding, one of my friends scanned in what had become known as the "Slug Bride" shot, photoshopped in some deely-boppers for me, and turned the thing into a screen saver, endlessly sliding over my computer, leaving a trail of white slime wherever it went.

Also sadly, I no longer have that screen saver. However, here is a rough sketch of how it looked.

Attachments

• slug bride 1.jpg
    slug bride 1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 807

Sialia

First Post
Ok, so for those of you who are gluttons for costume detail, here is my blown up shot of the slug bride, some artistic liberties taken.

Attachments

• slug bride2.jpg
    slug bride2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 835

Remove ads