Centaur-kins

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
I don’t know if we have to make that restriction, per se, but perhaps we can limit them to only Monstrous Humanoids for example.

and BTW, i'll take name suggestions starting immediately. ;)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Brainstorming here...

Doppelterror
Doppel Displacer
Thoughtbender
Misleader
Lightbender
Infiltrataur
Thrakorzog
Susan

Ferret

Explorer
Doppel terror is cool cos it kinda means double terror.

I'm going to do the Chuul-kreen now unless we are still tweeking the doppel terror?

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
was that from the Tick?
Indeed. Apparently I mispelled it. :p

Tick: It's your turn now, Thorace-bog.
Thrakkorzog: It's Thrakkorzog. Thrakkorzog. With a K.
Tick: We're only serving humble pie, Whatchamazog.
Thrakkorzog: For the last time, it's...
Tick: Thorax-and-a-bog. Four-yacks-and-a-dog.
Thrakkorzog: No.
Tick: Ah, laxative-log.
Thrakkorzog: No, no, no.
Tick: Sapsucker-frog.
Thrakkorzog: Thrakkorzog.
Tick: Susan?
Thrakkorzog: Now you're doing it on purpose. How juvenile.

Arken

Explorer
Shade said:
As for the doppelterror, I'd adjust its change shape ability as follows.

Change Shape (Su): A doppelganger/displacer beast can assume the shape of any tauric creature composed of the head and upper torso of a Small or Medium humanoid, and the legs and lower body of a Large animal or vermin. In tauric form, the doppelganger loses its natural attacks, but gains those of its new form. A doppelganger/displacer beast can remain in its tauric form until it chooses to assume a new one. A change in form cannot be dispelled, but a doppelganger/displacer beast reverts to its natural form when killed. A true seeing spell or ability reveals its natural form.

Hey again everybody, have been away for a bit but am back. :)

I think it would be nice (even though it isn't keyed to creature type) if it could shapechange into any quadraped creature.

I guess this might cause problems with having acess to dragons and things though.

How about this:

A doppelganger/displacer beast can shapechange into any tauric creature with the upper torso of a Small or Medium humanoid, and the legs and lower body of a Large animal or vermin. In addition the creature can select the following feat:

Favourite Form.
Prerequisits: Be a doppelganger/displacer beast.
Benefit: Choose a tauric form you can shapechange into you may now also shapechange into the form of the upper or lower half of that creature.
e.g. A doppelganger/dispalcer beast might select tauric human/horse, it may now assume the form of a human or a horse rather than just a tauric version.
- You may take this feat multiple times-

Ferret

Explorer
Shade said:
Indeed. Apparently I mispelled it. :p

Tick: It's your turn now, Thorace-bog.
Thrakkorzog: It's Thrakkorzog. Thrakkorzog. With a K.
Tick: We're only serving humble pie, Whatchamazog.
Thrakkorzog: For the last time, it's...
Tick: Thorax-and-a-bog. Four-yacks-and-a-dog.
Thrakkorzog: No.
Tick: Ah, laxative-log.
Thrakkorzog: No, no, no.
Tick: Sapsucker-frog.
Thrakkorzog: Thrakkorzog.
Tick: Susan?
Thrakkorzog: Now you're doing it on purpose. How juvenile.

OMGIPMWL :lol: :lol:

DaveStebbins

First Post
I know it was already posted, but I always liked using a giant scorpion as the lower half of the tauric creature. A two-handed weapon in the humanoid (giant-kin?) upper half, with pincers and the poisonous sting from the scorpion. Plus the unnatural skittering movement of the multiple lower limbs.

I've seen or read of versions of them several times over the last couple of decades. However (pertaining to this discussion), instead of semi-natural creatures, I always envisioned them as a lower-planes creature. Some type of demon or devil, summoned to the prime as a guardian or an attack dog. For some reason, possibly the scorpion blend, I don't see them as particularly intelligent.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases