Great Scimitar Conversion

Zack2216

First Post
I happen to be a big druid fan. I was wondering what would be a good conversion of the 1st ed. AD&D great scimitar. in AD&D it dealt 4d4, and I wanted to have a decent weapon for my druid character. What should its damage be?

hong

WotC's bitch
Zack2216 said:
I happen to be a big druid fan. I was wondering what would be a good conversion of the 1st ed. AD&D great scimitar. in AD&D it dealt 4d4, and I wanted to have a decent weapon for my druid character. What should its damage be?

Technically speaking, if you're a druid you're Not Allowed to use anything except what's on the given list in the PHB. Otherwise, nature gets pissed off at you and takes away your powers.

This is a pretty stupid rule, IMO. :) There is a two-handed equivalent of the scimitar in the rules already; it's the falchion. 2d4 damage, 18-20/x2 crit. You could make an exotic upsized version, which would do 1d10 or 2d6 damage and require an EWP.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Zack2216 said:
ya, but druids are allowed to use great clubs. What about that?

Given the complete disconnect between this statement and what's gone on before in the thread, I'm at a loss to discern exactly what your intended meaning is.

Zack2216

First Post
a great club is just a spiked, larger version of the club. Druids can use it. A great scimitar is just a 2-handed large scimitar. If a druid can't use a great scimitar then druids shouldn't be allowed to use great clubs.

hong

WotC's bitch
Zack2216 said:
a great club is just a spiked, larger version of the club. Druids can use it.

Nope. Druids can use (according to p.34 of the 3E PHB) the club, dagger, dart, halfspear, longspear, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, shortspear and sling. Anything else is taboo. Spiritual oaths don't have to be reasonable or logical.

That said, I did mention that it was a stupid rule, and there would be no problem with letting the druid use any weapon they want. They might still have to take the appropriate weapon proficiency, though.

Wolf72

Explorer
T-H Scimitar

The great scimitar appeared in Dragon Mag ..

was exotic, 2d6 dmg ... same crit as scimitar, cost 50gp (??)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases