Chaos Rising Run Notes? [SPOILERS]

Gizzard

First Post
I enjoyed seeing the threads from players and DMs of Sunless Citadel and Forge of Fury. I'm running Chaos Rising (Necromancer) right now and would be curious if anyone has experience with it.

[SPOILERS]

Avert your eyes if you are planning on playing this. Did anyone's party shy away from the initial encounter with Sleeara and Blackenhart? I think the modules designers expected the words "army" and "100 men" to scare the players into stealth mode. Mine immediately began planning a scorched earth campaign involving the flying Sorcerer throwing as many 10d6 Fireballs at the top of the Devil's Finger as he could. (At 12th level, he can throw about 25 if he clears his higher level slots.) We'll see how it pans out next session, but that's a relatively simple looking solution to an encounter that is supposed to be EL20.

Last edited:

Gizzard

First Post
Perfect; that was it.

It looks like the DMs there discovered a few of the same flaws I am starting to see -- certainly my players didn't buy the backstory at all. But since this is a one-shot playing high-level characters that's hopefully OK. The rest of the feedback is very useful as well.

Thanks much.

Remove ads