Wedding bells

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
No, I'm not getting married. And it was a couple of weeks ago, anyway. It still wasn't me getting married.

As some of you might remember, a year and a half ago, I lost my mother to cancer.

It is my pleasure to announce that my father has remarried, to a friend he's had since he went to University. After living through a year of witnessing his utter depression at losing his wife, this was a great relief for me, and I couldn't be happier for him.

The fact that I get along very well with Glenda and her cat Liliana also helps matters greatly, I admit. :)

At present, my father and his new wife are in Rome - they'll stay there for another week before travelling to Venice for a four week stay. This leaves me alone at home with the cat - who thinks I am very nice, as I let her sleep on my bed, I pet her a lot, and feed her when she asks (most of the time).

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
2002 was a very bad year; about halfway through it my cat of 15 years died (probably of cancer), and the same disease then claimed my mother.

I'm so happy that my father's happy again.

Cheers!

Ashwyn

First Post
MerricB said:
I'm so happy that my father's happy again.
Good for you and good for him. :) My grandpa died of cancer in 1997, and my grandma is still single, and very lonely. I'd very much like her to be able to find someone.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Yes. It's hard being alone.

My father is about 63 years old; hopefully they'll have many happy years in front of them both. :)

Cheers!

BrooklynKnight

First Post
W00t, thats great.

yanno, to be honest, when i saw the title of the thread, i was preparing to ask which two D&D Mini's you were gonna use on the cake to represent the bride and groom.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
BrooklynKnight said:
W00t, thats great.

yanno, to be honest, when i saw the title of the thread, i was preparing to ask which two D&D Mini's you were gonna use on the cake to represent the bride and groom.

hehe. :D

Sage and Evermeet Wizard? ;)

Cheers!

johnsemlak

First Post
It is my pleasure to announce that my father has remarried, to a friend he's had since he went to University. After living through a year of witnessing his utter depression at losing his wife, this was a great relief for me, and I couldn't be happier for him.

That is wonderful news Merric!!

My father is in a very similar situation, my mohter having passed away about 5 months ago. IT's hard on him being suddenly alone. He told me it hit him when he arrived at the house and NOBODY was there, for the first time he could remember. It was particualrly hard because for the last couple of years he'd been looking after my Mum pretty intensively, so the shock of being alone hit him.

Anyway, sorry about that, this is about your dad. Again, all the best to your family :).

Remove ads