Looking into online gaming.

AuroraGyps

First Post
Ok, I'm looking into playing an RPG online, but I'm not sure where to start. I played Amber DRPG by e-mail once, but I played with a very hands off style. I'd like to be more involved in playing this time, but I'm looking for something that's not really intense or time consuming. Does anybody have any advice or ideas of where I should go? Thanks for the help.

johnsemlak

First Post
A great place to start is the 'Talking the Talk' forum here at EN World. Just look for threads that say 'recruiting'. The gamers seeking gamers forum is worth checking.

I'm planning to start recruiting for a Wilderlands PbP campaign soon :)

Another site where you can find open online game sis www.rpol.net.

Last edited:

Joe123

First Post
I highly recommend rpol.net which is free, offers a plethora of RPG games, has hundreds of members and I think the functionality of the site is second to none. You should definitely take a look ...

Last edited:

Emiricol

I use OpenRPG all the time :) Mostly for my campaign in T13K (linked in signature). For Play by Post games there's the afforementioned forum here at EN World and www.rpol.net, and there's also www.playbyweb.com.

If you are interested in non-D&D systems, there's also a very active Mutants & Masterminds play-by-post forum, also in my sig.

WizO_Dabus

First Post
I have to jump and say we have free gaming rooms with dicebots on the Wizards of the Coast chatsite at http://www.wizards.com/chat/. You need to register a screen name to get onto the site, but the rooms are open 24/7. Several are available on a first come, first serve basis, or you can book a room in advance by following the directions on our gaming schedule page at http://www.geocities.com/wizo_dabus.
I also run a game on mIRC, which I enjoy using.

drose25

Explorer
Play-by-email can be fun if you get a good group. I recommend the listings at www.pbem.com to find a game. Also, www.pbemnexus.com has some listings but they can be kind of stale. They do have some great secure die rollers, rune casters, and even a secure Fudge roller though.

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
WizO_Dabus said:
I also run a game on mIRC, which I enjoy using.
Hey Dabus, what network do you play on?

I'll second IRC if you want a real time game instead of pbp or pbem. ENworld's chatroom is hosted by psionics.net.

You can also reach the chatroom through irc at chat.psionics.net #dnd3e - a suggested IRC client if you do not have one is mIRC (download)

Remove ads