The Mésalliance. Part 2. (Updated 11/28) - Page 12
    Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ř Block Starman

ř Friend+
    Thank you, Sepulchrave. I have recently read Story Hour and I am just blown away with how good it is. You have inspired me to strive to new heights as a DM. You have shown me how good a game can be. I'm going to be a better DM after reading this. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Starman

Sleetstorm! Hah you cant see me!

*Quadruple sonic energy substituted maximized empowered meteorswarm*

What?!>?! Sleetstormwallhackers!

Has anyone been good enough over the last year to request a Christmas update?

Dear Santa,

This year for Christmas I would like you to please use your powers of persuasion (or coersion) to convince (or force) Sepulchrave II to write an update (or four) for his Story Hour by the 25th. I promise I'll be really really good.

Thank you,
    Felix

I think if we flooded the Claus' inbox with that, he'd put some good elves on it.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ř Block Warrior Poet

ř Friend+
    A haiku:

I return! Update?
    No. Sadness. What? Second Page?
    I bump to page one.

Warrior Poet

Not a bump, but rather an introduction... I'm a long-time lurker who has finally decided to unlurk. I consider this story hour to be perhaps the very best on this site, and whenever I come to this forum my foremost hope is that Sepulchrave will have updated it. This is a story hour that really forces readers to think to understand all its nuances. (Btw, if anyone cares, my favorite character is Mostin, Mr. "My infinity is bigger than yours!")

Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ř Block Starman

ř Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Krafus
    (Btw, if anyone cares, my favorite character is Mostin, Mr. "My infinity is bigger than yours!")
    That's 'cause Mostin RULES!

Starman

Gah. I can't believe I missed seeing this update for a MONTH. *SOB*.

Incidentally if the past is not immutable, but it seems normal creatures can remember the actual past what purpose does changing the past actually serve (apart from to really really screw with spells) ?

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ř Block Cheiromancer

ř Friend+
    Bump (and links in my signature so the next poster can catch up on his/her reading!)
    Last edited by Cheiromancer; Thursday, 30th December, 2004 at 06:32 AM.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ř Block Tellerve

ř Friend+
    Ok I'm happy the boards are faster but over my x-mas break I was catching up on this great story and was somewhere in the middle to end of Mesaliance part 1 and now that thread doesn't seem to be up on the boards. Anyone know where I can find it so I can finish it off and start working on this one?

Oh, and Sep, awesome stuff.

Tellerve

edit: was able to find it by trudging through the yahoo boards. I will say this though, it was sad to click through the last few pages of this thread and not get any updates. I figured they'd be a few in the last pages, but only one and lots and lots of bumps Ah well, Happy New Year everyone.
    Last edited by Tellerve; Friday, 31st December, 2004 at 08:04 AM.

Hmmm, I was just thinking. What is the craft DC for Seph to write up one of these stories and do you think he's taking 20 to do so? It would explain why they take so long and are so good, but is writing a bad installment a sufficient negative consequence that he'd have to just take 10?

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
    Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ř Block Darmanicus

ř Friend+
    New years Eve BUMP.

Seppy, I really thought you might have something to finish off 2004 with but you've gone and let us all down you miser!!!

Now hurry up and give us something for, EARLY, 2005..........please.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ř Block Babel

ř Friend+
    Y'know, I'm not convinced that Sep isn't some sort of imp in the service of the Powers Below. He posts works of fantastic brilliance just often enough to keep everyone reading but leaves great gulfs of sad silence in-between, during which weak souls turn to drink, opium and general debauchery to fill the void left by the lack of Sep Story Hour greatness. Slowly, surely, the corruption spreads, while his diabolic masters cackle and grind their mandibles...

But hey, that's just a theory - as well as a roundabout way of begging for an update. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must return to the debauchery which is my only way of escaping the absence of more Sep Story Hour greatness.
    Last edited by Babel; Saturday, 1st January, 2005 at 06:29 PM.

Itty bitty bump

Hey Sepulchrave, can we get another provisional plan?

Oh and BUMP

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ř Block Lazybones

ř Friend+
    I don't remember if I've commented on this before, but if I have it's probably six threads and 1000 posts back.

I just got done rereading Jack Vance's Rhialto the Marvellous, and the influences of that story upon this tale are striking. In particular, the community of wizards in Wyre (and environs), the nature of magic (of course, Vancian magic inspired a lot of D&D's system, so that's not that surprising), the presence of a magician's code and a powerful, neutral enforcer (the Claviger), and to some extent the richness of language. I don't mean this in a negative/plagiaristic sort of way at all; in fact I think most writers are inspired by certain writers, and Sep is able to improve upon Vance in a number of ways IMHO. In particular, Sep surpasses Vance in his introduction of strong female characters into his narrative, and in the whole Eadric/spiritualist arc that started as an integral part of the story and developed into the mind-blowing philosophical debate that so many have commented on already.

On the other hand, I think we're going to have to organize a kidnapping party to secure Sep and situate him in some hidden location to finish the story for us.

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

ř Block ajanders

ř Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Lela
    So the winner could highly depend on inititive, unsurprisingly. Sleet Storm, on the side of the Winterwight, would be a powerful force capable of hurting the party a lot.

Can't argue there. However, the use of sleet storm may have a detrimental effect on they're ability to attack the party. Which may not matter, depending on how weak they are to begin with.
    I have to disagree here.
    Mostin's packing spells capable of ripping the plane apart. I very much doubt a sleet storm will noticeably slow him. A reality maelstrom doesn't give a fig for line of sight or miss chances.

Quote Originally Posted by fafhrd
    Hey Sepulchrave, can we get another provisional plan?
    Yeah and this time we promise to heed the word provisional and not complain if it's a bit later (although it might be a bit earlier maybe perhaps...)

I think this needs a bump

Dear God man! BUMP! Put your back into it now!

BUUUUUUMP!

Not to pile on, but,

BUMP

Nwm is my hero, and I can't wait to see what he does now.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply