Looking for AD&D anti paladin

Kylearan

First Post
Well met!

I am looking for an old issue of Dragon Magazine with the description of an Anti-Paladin or similar unholy warrior for AD&D 1st or 2nd edition. Could anyone please tell me the number of the issue(s)?

Kylearan

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Kylearan said:
I am looking for an old issue of Dragon Magazine with the description of an Anti-Paladin or similar unholy warrior for AD&D 1st or 2nd edition. Could anyone please tell me the number of the issue(s)?

Not sure about 1E or 2E. The 3.5E incarnation of the Anti-Paladin is in Dragon #312. I vaguely recall the Anti-paladin being an NPC in a 2E Dungeon, but I can't recall which one.

Last edited:

Kylearan

First Post
Alzrius said:
Not sure about 1E or 2E. The 3.5E incarnation of the Anti-Paladin is in Dragon #312. I vaguely recall the Anti-paladin being an NPC in a 2E Dungeon, but I can't recall which one.
Hm, I would handle the Anti-paladin with the Blackguard PrC in 3.x. But I would like to use one in an "old" game, meaning 1st or 2nd edition. But thank you for the reference to Dungeon, Alzruis. Maybe I'll find something in there.

Anyone else got an idea? I'd really appreciate help.

Thanks in advance,

Kylearan

johnsemlak

First Post
It's not what you're looking for but a very simple verison of the unholy warrior was done in the Companion Rules set--The Avenger. Basically, an evil (or Chaotic) Paladin.

Zodar

First Post
AFAIK, there was an Anti-paladin class in Dungeon Classics Vol. 5. I'd have to check at home to be sure, though.

Regards,

Zodar, King of Zod

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Zodar said:
AFAIK, there was an Anti-paladin class in Dungeon Classics Vol. 5. I'd have to check at home to be sure, though.

Welcome to the boards Zodar!

Incidentally, your comment reminded me to check my copy of the Dragon CD-ROM Archive (d'oh!). Turns out the Anti-Paladin was showcased in Dragon #39 (possibly for the first time; obviously in 1E).

Zodar

First Post
Silly me :eek:

I found it in Best of Dragon Vol. II ;)

But I see, you've already been helped out :)

Regards,

Zodar, King of Zod

P.S.: Thanks for the welcome, I've been a long time lurker and this thread made me register :D

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
There are LE, CE, and CG paladins in Unearthed Arcana. So far I've just taken all the paladin stuff that says "evil" and replaced it with "good." I.E. Smite Good, Detect Good. Also replaced Divine with Unholy/Infernal. Infernal Health, Unholy Companion, etc. It works.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases