Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Victory

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Virtue

Votes: 7 18.9%

Farganger

First Post
Simplicity said:
I created Brine Justice, the hapless victim a salt-water fishery accident.
Using armbands of various metals, Brine Justice's body is like a giant
battery which electrocutes those who would batter his fishy friends.

The best part about the game... The heroes are so configurable, my character kind of looks like he's part shrimp. No kidding. There are a LOT of choices for customizing your hero.

(BTW, I play on Infinity server... Happy Hero-ing....)

Brine Justice! I saw him actually, but before I read this thread.

Sounds like a few of us have characters on Infinity. (I'm still experimenting around with five or six, and a few more ideas to try before I even begin to commit.)

If I see Brine Justice or the Weasel around, I'll be sure to say "Hi". :)

Simplicity

Explorer
Brine was on a large team last night, and we took an office mission.
OMG, that was a blast. The hallways were so full of undead you couldn't
see anything. After getting swarmed by Abominations, Brine died a salty death. After being revived at the hospital, however, he seemed to be able to see the whole city... From beneath its foundation. And he was falling... falling into a blue nothingness under the city.

Luckily, the doctors brought him back... But somehow a Sorcerer has broken into the hospital (no kidding) and was torching anyone who dared to revive.
Brine zipped past the sorcerer and ran back to the office to help his overwhelmed team.

(Last night was just a little bit buggy. It was pretty entertaining, however).

Simplicity

Explorer
Brine Justice's Superhero Tips:
1) After a mission that occurs in a building/dungeon, click on the explosion next to the Mission Completed in the Nav Tray to be sent back to the entrance.

2) Enhancements can be combined. If you've got two level 5 damage enhancements, and you're level 6, first put one of the enhancements in an enhancement slot. Now click that power to bring up a combining UI. Place the assigned enhancement before the plus, and the non-assigned duplicate after the plus. You'll get a 5+ damage enhancement!

3) Look for stores. Sure, it's fine to get Training enhancements, but it's better to get enhancements that match your origin. Cooke's Electronics sells Technology/Science enhancements and Technology/Natural Enhancements, for example. Stores can be found using the map that came with the game. They're the little orange boxes.

4) Sell unused enhancements. You can sell enhancements to the red and white spandex lovers in the City Hall in Atlas Park. I'm sure there are simliar buyers in Galaxy City, and perhaps even near the other trainers.

javapadawan

First Post
Simplicity said:
Brine Justice's Superhero Tips

Good stuff to note. In addition, if you have two (or more) slots on a power, you can slot in more than one of the same enhancement type (they'll stack... which of course came as a complete surprise to me :) )

For example, my level 8 radiation based defender has two 10+ accuracy debuffs slotted in his radiation infection power, and I've found that I can handle larger groups of baddies because of it (those infected will miss more often than not).

Lastly, if you're having trouble saving up the influence to buy better enhancements, spend some time patrolling the streets. Look for civilians in trouble and save them. Afterwards, wait for them to run up and thank you. On most occasions you'll be rewarded with some extra influence (although they also give inspirations and even ehancements on occasion).

Simplicity

Explorer
DMFirebow said:
Do you feel like it is worth the $$ and the monthly fee?

I think it's absolutely worth it so far. The game does come with a free month (typical for most MMORPGs now). A game's got to be pretty good to last longer than a month at my house anyways. If this game lasts me more than a month (which I'm sure it will), it'll be worth the money since I would have been out there spending it on other videogames anyways.

I haven't even gotten around to trying out a second hero type yet...
My first character is almost able to fly... Must ... get... flight.

Zhure

First Post
Champion server. Look for Inkling, a mystic/scrapper/quill/regen. But don't bother chatting, I keep the chat box off for now.

I think an EN league would rock. :D

Greg

DMScott

First Post
CoH is two tons of fun. The character builder is amazing, it's hard to settle on a single look ;) . Sidekicks are also a brilliant concept - basically, it allows a lower level character to team up with someone three or more levels higher and have their abilities increased to just below the higher level character's for the duration of their teamup. Great for friends to play together even if one is much higher level.

When I can break my reroll habit, I mostly play as Ugly Jim Studly on the Virtue server.

Simplicity

Explorer
DMScott said:
CoH is two tons of fun. The character builder is amazing, it's hard to settle on a single look ;) . Sidekicks are also a brilliant concept - basically, it allows a lower level character to team up with someone three or more levels higher and have their abilities increased to just below the higher level character's for the duration of their teamup. Great for friends to play together even if one is much higher level.

When I can break my reroll habit, I mostly play as Ugly Jim Studly on the Virtue server.

Plus the sidekick gains XP as if they were at their old level... It's a great way to gain XP.

Express

First Post
I had to register here after a looong absence for this thread. Im really enjoying CoH. I tend to be a MMO junkie, but grow tired of the grind. But CoH is a pure stripped down experience. NO trading, or crafting- just grouping and bad guy beatdowns. Only time will tell if this evolves into something that can hold the attention and be worth 15 bucks. For now it is to me-I love the fact I can find a group get xp and have fun in the space of a couple of hours- no real long runs or camping so far.

I play on Infinity. Im Robonaut a currently lvl 10 tech energy/energy blaster, and Cinderblock, a level 6 science earth/fire tanker. (Simplicity, Im the one who /tell 'ed you the other day.)

Ive been playing since literally the first minute of launch but its taken me a week to settle on characters I like (and that look ok to me).

Anyway, if enworlders on Infinity ever need a tank/sidekick holler. I hate soloing. And if you all decide on a SG, Im in.

Last edited:

Remove ads