Recent music purchases

EricNoah

Adventurer
Beastie Boys have a new single available through I-Tunes. Apparently there's a new album coming out this summer. Me happy. :):):)

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
I think the last thing I bought was Widespread Panic's Light Fuse Get Away, a live album. Before that... I'm not sure. I don't buy much music, which is rather surprising given how much I listen to CDs.

Does anyone know how to get the free music downloads from iTunes, for their one-year anniversary? I think Annie Lennox is coming up soon, and I really like her music... (Okay, I like her music videos, with all the costumes she wears... So sue me. :) )

ValamirCleaver

Ein Jäger aus Kurpfalz
Angcuru said:
Manowar rules! :]

Check out Rhapsody if you haven't already.

Rhapsody is great! :) It appears that Rhapsody is now managed by Joey Demaio's Magic Circle Music. Their new album The Dark Secret is going to feature narration by Christopher Lee.

Darkness said:
IIRC, the latest was Manowar's Warriors of the World, when it was released (in '02 or '03).

I regret that I waited as long as I did to pick up Warriors of the World. I feel that it's one of their best albums. I listen to it constantly, especially Swords in the Wind.

AGGEMAM

First Post
There are alternatives to buy music if you're low on cash and especially if interested in hearing sometimes very different music (and it's still perfectly legal btw).

For instance, I love a song called Juanito a danish band called Powersolo.

You can hear and download it free on their website: www.powersolo.dk

A lot of small and upstart groups do this, it's just a matter of hearing a lot of it to sift the gold from the garbage.

Tom Cashel

First Post
jgbrowning said:
I forgot to mention I got Tom Waits' Blood Money and Alice as well. Alice is good, but Blood Money is excellent.

Right on! And he's releasing a new album, Real Gone, in the fall.

My most recent:

Pixies (DVD), Wave of Mutilation
Four live Pixies shows from disclive
Modest Mouse, Good News for People Who Love Bad News
The Revels, Homeward Bound (sea chanties for my Beyond the Mountains of Madness campaign)
Camper Van Beethoven reissues
They Might Be Giants, Indestructible Object EP

Been digging on Wilco's A Ghost is Born, which releases in June but is currently streaming from their website.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases