Behind the Curtain - personalities

Rybaer

First Post
Thread reserved for characters from the Behind the Curtain M&M game.

NPC's (in order of appearance/reference):

Maggie Sommers - Dr. Faturius' agent

Arty Hagan - Coast City Chronicle's metahuman beat reporter

Augustus "Gus" Thorpson IV - homeless Vietnam vet and philosopher; friend of Lawrence's

Sandra Poynter - founder of Coast City Metahuman Right's Foundation

The Patriot - popular public metahuman hero based in Boston

Jack Springs - SG Services owner

Jennifer - Lawrence's (ex?) girlfriend

Galen - owner of Moose's Pub

Leon Ruiz - limo driver (for Steven and Maggie)

Werner Schwartzeit - CEO of Aztechnologies

Marie Chase - (goth girl) wait staff at Hightower Convention Center; student

Pestilence - apparent lead mutant in hostage situation

Bad Guy #2 "Swordsman" - donning full metal armor and sword

Bad Guy #3 "Unarmed Man" - donning metal breast plate and helm

Bad Guy #4 "Centipede" - apparent hybrid of human woman and centipede

Detective Redmond - thirty-something detective for CCPD

Dr. Richard Gull - chief of Epidemiology, Coast City Memorial Hospital

Burt Bransten - Chief of Police, CCPD

Andrew Thorn - Lawrence's brother

James "Deuce" Dulcet - friend of Thomas' from the Army

Ms. Larson - Keyhole Apartments building manager

Dr. Michael Linderman - CC State professor of Mycology

Paul Link - grad student at CC State under Dr. Linderman

Suzie - Paul's ex-girlfriend

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Professor Fate
(Steven Faturius)
PL 8

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 185 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Salt and Pepper
Skin: Tanned

Attributes: [Cost 30 pts.]
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 20 +5
CON: 14 +2
INT: 12 +1
WIS: 14 +2
CHA: 20 +5

Defense: 23 [10 + 5 Dex + 8 Purchased ] [cost 16 pts.]
Initiative: +5 [+5 Dex]
BAB: +3 [cost 9 pts.]
Melee: +4
Ranged: +8
Speed: 30’ [30 Base] / 40’ Flight

Damage: +2 [+2 Con]
Fort: +2 [+2 Con]
Reflex: +5 [+5 Dex]
Will: +2 [+2 Wis]

Hero Points: 4

Flaw: Quirk: Must always help a person in need.

Attacks:

Superpowers:
Sorcery: 8 Ranks, Stunt: Drain, Incorporeal, Immunity, Flaw: No Illusion, No Control [Source: Mystical, Cost 46 pts.]
- Drain (Stunt) Energy Blast, Flight, Force Field, Healing, Immunity(Stunt), Incorporeal (Stunt), Telepathy,
Super Intelligence: 6 Ranks, Extra: Super Charisma [Source: Mutation, Cost 18 pts.]
Regeneration: 1 Rank [Source: Mutation, Cost 2 pts.] ]

FEATS: Darkvision, Fame, Wealth, Instant Change [Cost 8 pts.]

Skills: [Cost 3 pts.]

Computers +8 [1 rank]
Diplomacy +12 [1 rank]
Sense Motive +3 [1 rank]

Final Cost: 30 points (Abilities), 16 points (Defense), 9 points (Offense), 66 points (Powers), 8 points (Feats), 3 points (Skills) –10 (Flaws)= 122 points (120 Base + 2 xp)

Character Idea: Steven Faturius was a successful investor and internet guru, not from any special skills or talents – mostly luck and timing. He turned his financial wealth out to others, looking to help others in need and giving tips on investing and internet business. Surprisingly, the more
Steven helped others, the better things were for him as well. His ‘help’ turned into public speaking appearances and his ‘plain English’ explanations turned him into a media darling. He moved to Coast City from his home town of Laketown, Ohio, to be in the public eye more – and to help even more people. His self-deprecating humor started the ‘If I can do it, you can to’ campaign that was going strong when the waves hit. It wasn’t long after that Steven discovered that he had changed like the stories of others. His will and concentration could work feats no normal person could do. As he could not give this ability to others, he worked to establish an alter ego, Professor Fate, that helps keep the dark at bay in Coast City.

Abilities:

Personality: Helpful almost to a fault. Steven has had strong companions who helped him build his self- help empire. He was successful earlier in his career (internet and investing mostly), and he has confidence in his abilities and in the abilities of others. This confidence translated well into his public appearances and speeches. His private self is very close to the public image he presented. Much of the wealth that he had was funneled into charities, trusts, and various hand-outs (much to the chagrin of his partners).

Appearance: Older Caucasian male, short salt and pepper hair – graying before its time . . . making him look much more distinguished than his age would appear. The salt and pepper has found its way inoto his goatee and mustache as well. Emerald green eyes are quite striking on his tanned face. His body is toned and he keeps in shape (running, aerobic exercise, and yoga), but isn’t very strong. In public, he wears dark greens, greys and blacks in suits, turtlenecks and pants. Silver jewelry of a simple nature and only as accents.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK= 1st edition]Tarentula
Concept/Archetype: Totem / Spider Swarm

Height: 5'10''
Weight: 170
Hair: black and short
Eyes: brown
Ethnicity: caucasian
Birthplace: Coast City

ABILITIES
STR 10 +0
DEX 18 +4
CON 14 +2
INT 13 +1
WIS 14 +2
CHA 11 0

SAVES
DMG +2
FORT +2
REF +10
WILL +2

MOVEMENT
INIT +4
BASE SPD 30/60/120

COMBAT
BASE DEF 6
DEF 26
FLAT 24
MENTAL 18

BASE ATT 3
MELEE +7
RANGED +7
MENTAL +5

SKILLS
Acrobatics [11/1]
Balance [10]
Computer [2/1]
Disable Device [2/1]
Drive [11/1]
Escape Artist [16(18)*/1]
Hide [13/1]
Move Silently [13/1]
Open Lock [13/1]
Sleight of Hand [11/1]
Sport(Handball) [11/1]
*Value in () are in Swarm Form

LANGUAGES
English

FEATS
All Out Attack (Reduce dodge to raise attack)
Attack Finesse (Add Dex instead of Str to melee attack)
Blind-Fight (Reduce penalty when blind)
Blinsight (See at 30ft in all conditions)
Dodge (+1 defence or +2 against one opponent)
Evasion (use reflex to save against damage)
Talented (+2 to Hide and Move Silently)
Talented (+2 to Escape Artist and Open Lock)
Skill Focus (+3 Escape Artist)

POWERS
Alternate Form: Semi-Solid [+2, Cost: 5pp, Total: 10pp]
Immunities: Critical, Poison
Clinging [+6, Cost: 1pp, Total: 6pp]
flaw: Restricted: Swarm Form
Combat Sense [+8, Cost: 1pp, Total: 8pp]
Drain [+8, Cost: 1pp, Total: 8pp]
extra: Secondary Effect
extra: Slow Recovery
flaw: Limited - Poison
flaw: Limited - One Attribute[Strength]
flaw: Restricted: Swarm Form
Super-Dexterity [+6, Cost: 4pp, Total: 24pp]

COST
abilities [20]
base att [9]
base def [12]
skills [10]
feats [18]
powers [56]
weakness [0]
total [125]
unspent [0][/SBLOCK]

Tarentula
Concept/Archetype: Totem / Spider Swarm

Height: 5'10''
Weight: 170
Hair: black and short
Eyes: brown
Ethnicity: caucasian
Birthplace: Coast City
PL: 8

Code:
ABILITIES
STR 10 +0
DEX 30(18) +10(+4)
CON 14 +2
INT 13 +1
WIS 14 +2
CHA 11 +0

SAVES
TOUG +6 (+2)
FORT +2
REF +10
WILL +2

MOVEMENT
INIT +10
BASE SPD 30/60/120

COMBAT
BASE DEF +10
DEF 20
FLAT 13
BASE ATT +5

SKILLS
Acrobatics [15/5]
Computer [3/2]
Disable Device [14/13]
Drive [12/2]
Escape Artist [15/5]
Notice [8/6]
Search [8/7]
Sense Motive [5/3]
Sleight of Hand [15/5]
Sneak [20/10]
Sport(Handball) [12/2]

LANGUAGES
English

FEATS
All-Out Attack
Blind-Fight
Defensive Roll 4
Dodge Focus 4
Equipement
Evasion 2
Skill Mastery (Disable Device, Escape Artist, Sleight of Hand, Stealth)
Uncanny Dodge 3 (Sight, Hearing, Tremorsense)

POWERS
Alternate Form(Swarm) 3 [Cost: 15]
Immunity: Critical, Environementl Condition (Radiation), Poison
Insubstancial 1
Super-Movement: Slithering, Wall-Crawling 2

Drain(Strength only) 8 [Cost: 22]
ex:poison
pf:Slow Fade 6

Snare 7 [Cost: 21 -> 1 - Alternate Power of Drain]
ex: Blocks Sense [Sight]
fl: Range (Touch)

Enhanced Dexterity 12 [Cost: 12]

Super-Sense 4 : Danger Sense, Tremor Sense [Cost: 4]

EQUIPEMENT
Cell Phone
Electronic Tools, masterwork
Flashlight
Lock-picking Tools, masterwork
Multi-Tool

DRAWBACK
Power Loss (Use Drain only in alternate Form) [-1]
Disability (Mute in alternate Form) [-2]

COST
abilities [20]
base att [10]
base def [12]
skills [15]
feats [17]
powers [54]
drawback [-3]
total [125]
unspent [3]

BACKGROUND
"So you want me to find your brother. You know, it will cost much more than usual. I don't work usually on mutant case. If you want to help me in those research, give me all information you have. Everything, you may think something is useless when it could help me."

"Thank you for your help. Let me tell you what has happen in the last years. If I lost myself, tell it. I was about 5 years ago when my father found my brother in the middle of a robbery. As I told you earlier, my father is in the police. At that time, he was patrolling the streets. He had receieved a call for an electronic sho who's alarm had been started. As he was near the place, they have gone there, and as there was no traffic, they didn't go there as a priority call, to have a chnace to take the robber on the spot. They arrest 3 kids, and one of them was Lawrence. That was a tragedy for my father. He is so straight, and seeing is own son stealing was like he would had recieved a dagger in the heart. So, Lawrence get 2 years of forced labor in the community, but it was nothing compare to what my father give to my brother. He was almost in a jail during those two years. He had no right to be outside home, except when he was in school and in his labors. If he was 5 minutes late, it was troubles for him.

During those two years, I was the only person he could see freely, and I gave him the support I could. He told me he had lost contact with his old friends, that they didn't want the son of a policeman in there gang. That hurt pretty much him, as not only his father, but his friends were leaving him.

At the end of those two years, my father became more relax, he Lawrence start to live a normal live again. He joined a handball team. I was going once in a while at those game. But a game was particulary special. It was six month after the start of those prismatic light in the sky. At that time, nobody knew he was a mutant, maybe he wasn't yet, but I have doubt today. He was playing, and the star player on the opposing team, Peter, didn't seem to like him much. Lawrence talk about him once. He said he was bad loser, pretty arrogant, he would have liked to teach him a lesson, as he was always blasting him or making fun of him, as he was not really good at handball. That match was his revenge, for Lawrence. He was handling the ball as no one on the floor, dodging like no one. Where Peter had the fastest and the strongest arm, Lawrence had the finest play. You should have take a look at Peter. Bad loser is a compliment. He was so angry at him that he tried volontary to throw the ball on Lawrence's head. Lawrence was looking at his player, so he had no chance to see the ball coming. At the last moment, he dodged theball, just as if he had seen it, and it is the player he was watching who recieved the ball on the nose. The match had to be stopped so that poor guy could go to the hospital.

At that moment, I thought it was a share of luck and good moral. But another stange event happen. Lawrence was complaining he was finding spiders in his room every morning. My father call the exterminator. That guy put poison all over the room and told it should work, but he was suprise to see an infestation of spider, that it was the first time he was seeing that. The next day, Lawrence never wake up. My mother found him in a delirious coma in his bed. He was carried at the hospital. The doctor found he was poisonned with insecticide. The exterminator come back to the house, removed all the traps, didn't charge eand even pay the bill at the hospital, and said the only way that his traps could had poison him was if my brother had ate the content of the trap itself. After a week, he was back home. And he had to support the spiders, that was still there, but with time, they become more rare, killing one or two per weeks instead of per day.

Now , what I will tell you was reported to me by Yannick, the best friend of Lawrence. They are friend since their youth, even while Lawrence was in his gang, Yannick was his only friend outside the gang. I think things would have become far worst if Yannick wouldn't has been there to support Lawrence. That's happen last week. Lawrence was going to the movie theatre with Jennifer, his new girlfirend and Yannick. Jennifer goes to school with my brother, they both study in sport program. They were on the way back home when some robbers attack them. They were five. One with a gun, the other four with bat and crowbar. They ask for there money, but with the little money my father give to him, he is not very rich, but they gang didn't seem convince when he told them they had nothing. One of the guy, the one with a bat, try to hit my brother, but he dodge the bat, and it seems just unnaturraly fast, that's what Yannick said. The guy with the gun decide to immobolize Lawrence, and shoot him in the leg. Lawrence shout, seems it was painfull, and I have no doubt of it, but the wound became black, and after that, all the skin around the wound. The leg start to fall apart. Yannick was scarred, jennifer too, but Yannick said it was nothing to the fear on Lawrence face. his leg start to fall apart, but instead of black skin, it was spider who was falling. It take a few moment, and Lawrence was gone, and a swarm of spider was walking in direction of the guy with the gun. The four other run away and Jennifer was in Yannick harm. The guy try to shot the swarm, he empty the gun without much effect. The swarm climb on him and it take a few moment before the guy fall on the ground. The swarm regroup after and tranform back into Lawrence. Lawrence look at the thug then at Jennifer and Yannick, and run away. When the paramedic came to take the thugs, he could barely moved. He had been paralysed by some spider poison, but his body was cleaning it.

Since that day, I never saw again my brother, but Yannick receieved an E-mail. It was telling he was sorry of what has happen, that he would not return, fearing to do any harm to anyone. That anyway, he would not be welcome again in his house, and he is not wrong on that. My father think every mutant to be criminals, and when he learned what has happen, he told he would not want to see him again, that was a proof he was worth for nothing... a bit harsh, but I think he will come back to reason in some day, when the shock will be pass, and when my mother will have given him some good sense. The police told they would take a look at it, but I doubt they put it in priority. He needs to be found, and fast, before he do somthing stupid. He is more a danger to himself than any other one.

"Calm down, son. Give me the name of those friends from his gang, where they were operating. I'll start to look there, and give the telephone number of Yannick and Jennifer. And for the bill, I'll make the same price as for humans. Generally, mutant is 50% higher, but because he is a kid..."

---------
Somewhere else

"Come on kid, don't stay there, you'll catch a cold. I have an extra blanket, and the air from that ventilation trap is hot."

The kid walks cautiously up to homeless guy.

"Don't be afraid, I'm not a spider, I don't bite."

"Funny you say that. But you may not like to be with me."

"Let me guess. You're one of those mutant."

"How did you know?"

"It is written in your face. And why would that bother me. I talk to rats and cats, so why I wouldn't talk to a mutant. At least you'll have something interesting to say. Here, take a seat. Want a sanwich. not really fresh, but better than an empty stomach."

"No thanks."

"So, what make you so special."

"What?"

"What you're mutation?"

"I... I can transform into spiders."

"Oh... sorry for what I said earlier. Didn't know."

"No harms done. I just don't quite control it yet. I just discovered that this week."

"Well take a good nap. It will help you. I will go to looks at that bakery. They are about to give the bread they hadn't sold today. Not fresh enough for tommorow, but really good for us. Jasper, come here."

A cat start to walk up to the man.

"Take a look to our new friend. He will need our help tonight."

The kid look at the men with a strange look.

"I was serious when I said I talk to cats and rats..." he say with a smile, and he leaves. The kid pull the blanket over him and stare at the cat for a moment. Jasper, as the man call the cat, was lying down and seems to take a nap. The kid closed his eye, and maybe for once, he would be able to sleep well.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
GRANITE
Concept/Archetype: Powerhouse

Height: 6'4"

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Ethnicity: Caucasian

ABILITIES
STR 18 +12
DEX 16 +3
CON 20 +5
INT 10 0
WIS 12 +1
CHA 11 0

SAVES
DMG +7
FORT +7
REF +3
WILL +1

MOVEMENT
INIT +3
BASE SPD 30/60/120

COMBAT
BASE DEF 4
DEF 17
FLAT 14
MENTAL 15

BASE ATT 3
MELEE +7
RANGED +6
MENTAL +4

SKILLS
Balance [4/1]
Climb [13/1]
Concentration [1]
Drive* [4/1]
Escape Artist [3]
Hide [3]
Intimidate [13/1]
Jump [12]
Listen [3/2]
Move Silent [3]
Sense Motive [3/2]
Spot [3/2]
Survival [1]
Swim [13/1]
Taunt [1/1]

FEATS
Attack Focus ( +1 attack (unarmed))
Power Attack ((- attack), (+ dmg bonus), 5 max)
Imp. Grapple (can grapple one-handed)
Takedown Attack (make add'tl attack if you stun)
Surprise Strike ( +1 dmg/2 pls if target flat)
Toughness (+2 to damage saves)
Greater Fortitude (+2 fort save)

POWERS
Altered Form - Solid [+8]
Immunities: Critical Hits, Starvation
Immunities: Suffocation, Pressure
Immunities: Pressure, Exhaustion
Immunities: Disease, Poison
Extra: Thunderclap [+8]
Extra: Leaping [+8]
Stunt: Super Leaping
Stunt: Lifting

WEAKNESS
Transformation (will save dc 15 (Anger)

COST
abilities [27]
base att [9]
base def [8]
skills [12]
feats [14]
powers [60]
weakness [-10]
total [120]
unspent [0]

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
Jorgi Vadislav:

Stats:
Ability Scores:
Strength: 10(+0)
Dexterity: 20(+5) 10
Constitution: 10(+0)
Intelligence: 20(+5/6) 10
Wisdom: 14(+2) 4
Charisma: 10(+0)

Total cost 24

Attack Bonus: 5 (+5 for ranged attacks)
Defense Bonus: 5 Total Cost: 25
Skills:
Acrobatics 1 (+5)
Computers 10 (+6)
Concentration 2 (+2)
Disable Device 1 (+6)
Drive 1 (+5)
Hide 1 (+5)
Innuendo 2 (+0)
Forgery 1 (+6)
Language 1(Russian/English)
Open Lock 1 (+5)
Move Silently 1 (+5)

Total Cost: 17

Feats:
Aerial Combat
Hero `s Luck
Improved Initiative
Lightning Reflexes
Radio Broadcast
Radio Hearing

Total Cost: 12
Powers:
Animation Level 8: Cost=(2 Base-1Flaw/Machines Only)*8= 8
Super Intelligence 1: Cost= (2 Base)*1=2
Datalink 1: Cost= (3 Base)*1= 3
Energy Control/Electricity Level 7: Cost= (2Basic+Extra/Flight1+Extra/Energyfield1+ForceField1)*7= 35

Total Cost: 48

Flaw: Disturbing. Jorgi’s hair often stands up from the electricity flowing through him and sometimes people get soft jolts then touching him. Also anyone who looks into his eyes for longer than a glance can see flashes of energy in them like miniature lightning.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate 2.0e

Professor Fate
(Steven Faturius)
PL 8

Trade-offs: –2 To hit, +2 to save DCs, -2 Toughness, +2 Defense
Hero points: 5 [1 base +4 luck]

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 185 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Salt and Pepper
Skin: Tanned

Attributes: [Cost 28 pts.]
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 16 +3
CON: 14 +2
INT: 20 +5 [14 base +6 enhanced]
WIS: 14 +2
CHA: 26 +8 [20 base +6 enhanced]

Defense: 20 [10 + 4 Purchased + 6 feat] [cost 8 pts.]
Initiative: +3 [+3 Dex]
BAB: +2 (+6 with magic)[cost 4 pts.]
Melee: +2
Ranged: +2
Speed: 30’ [30 Base] / 50’ Flight

Toughness: +6 [+2 Con + 4 Feat]
Fort: +2 [+2 Con]
Reflex: +3 [+3 Dex]
Will: +10 [+2 Wis + 8 purchased]

Complication: Quirk: Must always help a person in need.

Attacks:

Superpowers:
Magic (Mystic Bolts): 8 Ranks, Alternate Powers: Drain (Str), Intangible, Immunity, Healing, Fog of Forgetfulness, Telepathy, Flaw: Must be able to speak on each alt power, not main. [Source: Mystical, Cost 22 pts.]
Enhanced Intelligence: 6 Ranks, [Source: Mutation, Cost 6 pts.]
Enhanced Charisma: 6 Ranks, [Source: Mutation, Cost 6 pts.]
Flight: 3 rank , [Source: Mutation, Cost 3 pts.]

FEATS: Attack Specialization (with Magic) - 2 ranks, Defensive Roll – 4 ranks, Dodge Focus – 6 ranks, Attractive – 1 ranks, Artificer, Connected, Eidetic Memory, Luck – 4 ranks, Ritualist, Equipment – 3 ranks. [Cost 24 pts.]

Skills: [Cost 16 pts.]

Computers +9 [4 ranks, +5 Int]
Craft, Mechanical +13 [8 ranks, +5 Int]
Diplomacy +20 [12 ranks +8 Cha] (+4 for attractive not included)
Disable Device +8 [3 ranks, +5 Int]
Gather Information +16 [8 ranks, +8 Cha]
Knowledge (Arcane) +18 [13 ranks, +5 Int]
Notice +10 [8 ranks, +2 Wis]
Sense Motive +10 [8 ranks, +2 Wis]

Final Cost: 28 points (Abilities), 12 points (Combat), 37 points (Powers), 24 points (Feats), 16 points (Skills – 64 ranks), 8 points (Saves) = 125 points

Character Idea: Steven Faturius was a successful investor and internet guru, not from any special skills or talents – mostly luck and timing. He turned his financial wealth out to others, looking to help others in need and giving tips on investing and internet business. Surprisingly, the more
Steven helped others, the better things were for him as well. His ‘help’ turned into public speaking appearances and his ‘plain English’ explanations turned him into a media darling. He moved to Coast City from his home town of Laketown, Ohio, to be in the public eye more – and to help even more people. His self-deprecating humor started the ‘If I can do it, you can to’ campaign that was going strong when the waves hit. It wasn’t long after that Steven discovered that he had changed like the stories of others. His will and concentration could work feats no normal person could do. As he could not give this ability to others, he worked to establish an alter ego, Professor Fate, that helps keep the dark at bay in Coast City.

Abilities:

Personality: Helpful almost to a fault. Steven has had strong companions who helped him build his self- help empire. He was successful earlier in his career (internet and investing mostly), and he has confidence in his abilities and in the abilities of others. This confidence translated well into his public appearances and speeches. His private self is very close to the public image he presented. Much of the wealth that he had was funneled into charities, trusts, and various hand-outs (much to the chagrin of his partners).

Appearance: Older Caucasian male, short salt and pepper hair – graying before its time . . . making him look much more distinguished than his age would appear. The salt and pepper has found its way inoto his goatee and mustache as well. Emerald green eyes are quite striking on his tanned face. His body is toned and he keeps in shape (running, aerobic exercise, and yoga), but isn’t very strong. In public, he wears dark greens, greys and blacks in suits, turtlenecks and pants. Silver jewelry of a simple nature and only as accents.

Rybaer

First Post
Soundtrack

Code:
[b]Cover Name:[/b]  Soundtrack
[b]Real Name:[/b]  Ben Harmon
[b]Size:[/b]  medium
[b]Gender:[/b]  male

Str: 10 +0 (0 PP)	PowerLevel: 8	PP: 124
Dex: 20 +5 (10 PP)	AB: +4 (8 PP)	XP: 1
Con: 14 +2 (4 PP)	Grapple: +4	HP: 3
Int: 10 +0 (0 PP)	Speed: 30'
Wis: 16 +3 (6 PP)	Init: +9
Cha: 16 +3 (6 PP)

Base	Power	Feat	Total
Defense:	+8	+0	+3	21 (16 PP)
Dodge:		+7	Flatfooted: 21*

Base	Mod	Feat	Power	Misc	Total
Fort:		0    	+2	+0	+0	+0	+2 (0 PP)
Ref:		2    	+5	+0	+0	+0	+7 (2 PP)
Will:		0    	+3	+0	+0	+0	+3 (0 PP)
Toughness:	0    	+2	+3	+0	+0	+5

Attack			Attack	Damage	Save Type	Type
Unarmed			+4	DC 15	Tough		Bruise
Sonic Blast  		+8	DC 23	Tough		Bruise/Sonic

[b]Movement Types:[/b]  Standard walk/run 30'

[b]Feats:[/b] (25 PP)
Assessment, Attack focus (ranged) 4, Defensive Roll 3, Dodge focus 3, Eidetic Memory,
 Evasion 2, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative 1, Inspire 5, Luck 2, Precise Shot, 
Uncanny Dodge (hearing) 1

[b]Skill Points:[/b] 24 (6 PP)
Skills			Ranks	Mod	Misc	Total
Notice			0	+3	+8	+3/+11
Sense Motive		2	+3	+12	+5/+17
Profession 
  (music composition)	10	+2		+12
Perform (Sonic power)  12	+3		+15

[b]Languages:[/b] English

[b]Equipment:[/b]

[b]Powers:[/b]

Immunity (sonic damage) (5 PP)

Super Senses “Soundtrack” – Precognition 4, Danger Sense, Sense Motive 3 (+12 skill
 ranks), Notice 2 (+8 ranks) [Extra: Ranged, Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Only audible 
cues, Flaw: Uncontrolled](2 PP/Rank + 0 PP = 20 PP)

Sonic Control (blast) 8 (2 PP/rank = 16 PP)
-	Alternate: Sonic Control (Blast) 4 [Extra: autofire x2] (1 PP)
-	Alternate: Sonic Control (Blast) 5 [Extra: Area 25’rad] (1 PP)
-	Dazzle (deafen) 8 [Extra: Area 40’ rad] (1 PP)
-	Illusion (auditory) 8 [Extra: maintain interactive as free action] (1 PP)
-	Obscure (auditory) 8 (1 PP)

[b]Complications:[/b]

[b]Drawbacks:[/b] Obvious powers (Very common/minor) –3PP

Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push
Max Weight:	33	66	100	200	500

[b]Trade-offs:[/b]
+0/-0 Attack/Dmg
+3/-3 Defense/Toughness

Point breakdown – Stats (26) + Combat (22) + Saves (2) + Feats (25) + Skills (6) 
+ Powers (46) + Drawbacks (-3) = 124PP  -- 1pp remaining.

[sblock=Power Description]
Description of powers:

Soundtrack has the ability to manipulate sonic energy, in both intentional and uncontrolled manners. He can create virtually any sound at will, generate focused bursts of physically damaging sound, and dampen or overwhelm sound in a given area.

On a subconscious level, Soundtrack is perpetually surrounded by his own living soundtrack. A musical score is spontaneously created and can be heard by anyone in the vicinity, reflecting what is currently happening to Soundtrack. Most of the time, the music is subdued and low in volume (fixing breakfast, riding the bus, and talking to mom on the phone don’t elicit much fanfare). Other times, however, the music feeds off powerful emotions – drums and blaring trumpets during a fight, soft and rich melodies during a romantic dinner, or tense strings just before an ambush.

By keying into his living music, Soundtrack can anticipate events moments before they happen. A change in the music warns him of an impending change, just as it would in a movie. Tones in the music can also help him read the true intentions of others around him.

The catch with the soundtrack power is that other people can also hear and interpret the music. It’s nearly impossible for Soundtrack to hide his true intentions, feelings, or presence from others.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Background/personality:

Ben Harmon had always dreamt of being a composer. Writing music was his dream...symphonic, jazz, everything. Unfortunately, his efforts had been woefully under-appreciated. While he was working his way through music school, he had done anything musically possible to pay the bills. He taught piano lessons to undergraduates who had to pass their piano juries. He wrote commercial jingles for local businesses. He even had allowed himself write the soundtracks for the local community and collegiate theaters.

The problem was, his music wasn't catching on. He graduated, and nobody was knocking on his door. So, following a move to Coast City, he began working in radio. He was dismally unsuccessful as a DJ. His on-air personality was okay, but he was perpetually late to work, usually having overslept while trying to write his opus. As a result, he worked in every conceivable format. He was in his final job at WOLD -- Classic Rock's greatest hits -- when the energy curtains hit.

After that day, music literally became Ben's life. If he was thinking it, he projected it musically...sometimes instrumentally, sometimes in the form of pre-published songs, but always out loud. Always.
[/sblock]

Mimic

First Post
Public Identity: Granite
Height: 6'4"

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Ethnicity: Caucasian

Abilities: (27PP)
Str 18/30 (+4/10)
Dex 16 (+3)
Con 20 (+5)
Int 10 (+0)
Wis 12 (+1)
Cha 11 (+0)

Saves: (2PP)
Damage +11
Fort +7
Ref +3
Will +1

Movement:
Initiative +3
Base move 30'
Leaping (1000x normal)

Combat: (22PP)
BAB +3 (Melee +7)
BDB +5 (Defense 15, Flat-footed 12)

Melee attack (unarmed) +7, Tough save DC24

Skills: (7pp)
Balance 1 (+4)
Climb 1 (+5/+11)
Concentration 1 (+2)
Drive 3 (+7)
Intimidate 12 (+12)
Notice 4 (+5)
Sense Motive 2 (+3)
Swim 1 (+5/+11)
Taunt 3 (+3)

Feats: (9PP)
All-out Attack (-defense/+attack), Attack Focus: melee (4), Improved Grapple, Power Attack (-attack/+dmg), Sneak Attack (2) (+3dmg if target flat-footed)

Powers:
Alternate Form - Stone 11 (55PP)
* Density 6 (18pts+17pts)
- Enhanced Str 12
- Super Strength 8 (Str 60 for lifting - 16 ton light load, 50ton heavy)
-- Feat: Thunderclap 8
- Protection 6 (Impervious)
- Immovable 2 (resist knockback, weight is x5 normal)
* Leaping 9 (x1000 normal distance) (9pts)
* Immunity - life support (disease, poison, all environmental conditions, suffocation, critical) hits (11pts)

Drawbacks (Involuntary transformation triggered by anger - Uncommon, DC10 Will to resist) (-2PP)

Trade-offs:
-1/+1 attack/damage
-3/+3 defense/toughness

Point breakdown: Stats (27PP) + Saves (2PP) + Combat (22PP) + Skills (7PP) + Feats (9PP) + Powers (55PP) + Drawbacks (-2PP) = 120PP

Unspent points earned from adventures: 5PP

hero4hire

Explorer
KOMBAT aka бой
Ivan Danko
PL: 8 (125 pp)

ABILITIES: STR: 14 (+2) DEX: 14 (+2) CON: 14 (+2) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 14 (+2) CHA: 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+2), Bluff (+2), Climb (+2),
Computers (+2), Concentration (+2), Diplomacy (+2),
Disable Device (+2), Disguise (+2), Drive (+2),
Escape Artist (+2), Gather Info 4 (+6), Handle Animal
(+2), Intimidate 13 (+15), Investigate 4 (+6), Tactics
13 (+15), Medicine (+2), Notice 3 (+5), Pilot (+2),
Profession (+2), Ride (+2), Search (+2), Sense
Motive 13 (+15), Sleight of Hand (+2), Stealth 8
(+10), Survival 1 (+3), Swim (+2)

FEATS: Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Endurance (2),
Equipment (3), Favored Opponent-'Nemesis' (1), Fearless,
Jack-of-All-Trades, Luck (4), Master Plan, Rage-10 rounds (2),
Startle

POWERS:
Boost (All Physical Stats at once; Extra: Total Fade,
Flaws: Personal, Side Effect-Fatigue Attack Rank 10 at End of
Boost-Every Time, Unreliable-5 uses) [10],
Nemesis (Flaws: Action x3, Only For "Fighting Style"
Powers, Skills, and Feats) [8]
AP: Mimic (All Skills; Trade Off 40 pts, max rank 12,
PF: Subtle x2, Extra: Range x2, Flaws: Action,
Physical Skills Only) [10]
AP: Enhanced Attack +8, Enhanced Defense +8 [16]
Regeneration (Bruised 3, Unconsious 1, Injured 1,
Staggered 1, Disabled 1) [7]

COMBAT: Attack 2 [Unarmed +2 (Bruise)] Defense 12
(11 flat-footed) Init 2

SAVES: Toughness 2 (2 flat-footed) Fortitude 8
Reflex 8 Will 8

DRAWBACKS:
Involuntary Transform (Using Boost may make him Go
Berserk, Every Adventure, DC 10 to resist, 4pp)

Abilities 24 + Skills 13 (52 ranks) + Feats 20 +
Powers 46 + Combat 8 + Saves 18 – Drawbacks -4 =
125 / 125

Attachments

• kombat.bmp
    113.3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases