Armageddon: Rise of the Nephilim -- IC

Mordane76

First Post
Shin

Rybaer said:
"I'm really sorry, sir," he says quickly. "I wasn't trying to cause more trouble. Just can't abide watchin' bullies be that way."

Sitting limply in his chair behind his desk, Mr. Martin looks very tired. He lifts his head slightly as you enter, and listens with some obvious concern.

"Shin... Shin... normally I'd agree," Mr. Martin says, "but these kids are bad news all around. They beat up Mrs. Quixoles' hired man down at their convenience store -- beat him up bad, and Mr. Sing was by no means a light task to take down."

Mr. Sing... sure, he was getting a little older, but he still worked out almost every day, and he taught Taekwondo and Ishinryu to the kids down at the youth center. There'd been a story about the assault in the paper; the doctor quoted said Mr. Sing might not walk again, said he was lucky the ambulance had gotten there as quickly as it did, or he might not have made it.

"Mrs. Quixoles told me that Mr. Sing told the police everything he could -- even gave them names, but they won't do anything; whenever they bring these kids in, they just act tough, but there's no evidence beyond an old man's word, so they let them go. I just don't want to see you get hurt, Shin -- I know you're strong and tough, but these kids are vicious... there's something definitely wrong with them."

Mordane76

First Post
Adam (W/Jonathan Watching)

WizWrm said:
Adam narrows his eyes. "I knew I should have shut the door." He stands up and walks over to the gutted building's door, which swings stiffly off two rusted hinges. He closes it, and then gestures to the empty window frames, through which he had been watching the sunset. "Not much I can do about those, I'm afraid."

He turns back to face the visitor. "Now, who the hell are you? This sounds like the beginning of a con to me," Adam says. He hunches over and imitates a style of broken English. "I am...wealthy Nigerian businessman." He straightens. "For all I know, you're a crook who's been peering through the window, watching me do things," Adam continues, both hands suddenly igniting in a halo of flame, "And you've decided to see if you can trick me into giving you a hand. Pretty soon I'll be stopping suffering by robbing banks, is that it?"

He rolls his eyes and nods towards a pile of broken wood and shattered crates, now charred almost beyond recognition. "I don't think so." Adam scoffs and says mockingly, "'We've been watching you for a long time, Adam'...please." He eyes the visitor warily, watching for a reaction.

"Wait. How the hell did you know my name?" Adam furrows his brow. "Fine, maybe you have been somehow watching me, since my funeral at least, or maybe you recognized me from the obituary. But that doesn't prove anything."

"I'm not a petty thug, nor do I represent some second-rate Internet scam company. I represent an organization of men and women in the business of helping people like you, Adam -- those with that extra spark. We help people like you because we are people like you, Adam," he says calmly.

"I know there's a lot here to take in -- you've been murdered, for all intents and purposes, torn from the world that you knew. Most candidates don't have to suffer the way you have, Adam; many realize their powers at puberty, and we come to them then. You, however, didn't -- fairly normal life, normal family... we'd almost given up hope that you'd mature into your powers, had considered re-evaluating our information to make sure we hadn't made a mistake in the Genealogy department, but then this happened to you, and we found out we were correct.

"I'm a metamorph, Adam -- a chameleon, a shapeshifter. At age 12, I scared a boy to death because he pushed me down and I turned into black tarry liquid and enveloped him. The shock was so bad his heart stopped before I could have suffocated him... but it wasn't supposed to be malicious... it was a reflex, to being threatened, but I've never quite come to terms with it. That's why the chose me to come to speak to you -- because we had similar, traumatic awakenings.

"I don't expect you to take my word for it, but if you'd allow me, I'll demonstrate my abiltiies to you."

Mordane76

First Post
Thomas

Velmont said:
During the time she will tell again her story and fill the paperwork, Thomas will prepare some coffee with the machine he has in his office and will try to recover the woman memory by undoing what have been done to it.

OOC: Roll under 13 will be RR with a HP.

She accepts the coffee, and starts to relate her story again after you turn the tape recorder on. As she's speaking, you begin trying to fish around in her mind, trying to undo the changes to her memories. Unfortunately, the changes remain; they are incredibly deeply rooted. She finishes, and then starts going over the paperwork, filling it out.

OOC: Rolled Telepathy +7 = 23; not strong enough to unroot the changes

Drakknyte32

First Post
~No minions hiding in the shadows? Perhaps there is more to this than just a recruitment drive by him . Let's hear just what this fellow has to say.~

Jonathan quickly recreates a dome and illusion around himself on the roof. Then he returns his sight to the conversation in the warehouse.

Velmont

First Post
"Well, lady, my suggestion, after you finish to fill those papers, is to go to your house, so I can take a look at your husband things. Maybe he has left something that could help me to trace who did the crime. And if you have it, I would like to have the name of the officier responsable of the investigation of that crime. I suppose he has already inspected every thing on the crime site, so I will try to see what he has found"

WizWrm

First Post
As he speaks, Adam takes on a more serious expression, allowing the flames encircling his hands to subside. When the visitor offers to demonstrate his abilities, Adam nods and says, "Please do."

[assuming he does...]

Adam cocks his head and asks, "And you say there are others like me - like us, I mean. If that's true....I'd be astonished, but with the crazy things I can do....that is, this puts a little order back into my world, if that makes any kind of sense."

"Tell me about your offer, I guess, and your organization. And tell me about myself, since you seem to know at least as much as I do. How is it, exactly, that we can do these things, Mister, ah...?"

Rybaer

First Post
Mordane76 said:
"Mrs. Quixoles told me that Mr. Sing told the police everything he could -- even gave them names, but they won't do anything; whenever they bring these kids in, they just act tough, but there's no evidence beyond an old man's word, so they let them go. I just don't want to see you get hurt, Shin -- I know you're strong and tough, but these kids are vicious... there's something definitely wrong with them."

"Mr. Sing..." Shin says, lost in his memories for a moment. "Yeah, I almost forgot about that. So, these are the same guys who beat on him, eh? Well, it just ain't right.

"I know money's kinda tight around here, but maybe you should look into getting a small security camera or something. Just enough to make them think twice because of the evidence it could give the cops."

Shin walks up to Mr. Martin's desk. He's concerned - not so much for himself, but for what he might have gotten his boss into.

"Look," he says, "I'll try not to make things worse if they come around again. Don't know if I'll succeed, but I'll try."

In his mind, Shin really wishes he could track the punks down and teach them a more thorough lesson. He realizes that it would bring himself down to their level or worse, though. The fine line between doing something good and evil. He wishes that line was easier to discern.

Mordane76

First Post
Serendipity

Gun in hand, Serendipity ducks back down as another volley of fire wipes out what glass was left in the car. The assailants have her pinned behind the car, laying fire down in angles -- one coming from up and across the street (back towards the restaurant), and the other coming from directly across the street.

You count three, maybe four men total -- two in the van up the street (a driver and a shooter), and you think there are two across the way on the rooftop as well.

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
Thomas

Velmont said:
"Well, lady, my suggestion, after you finish to fill those papers, is to go to your house, so I can take a look at your husband things. Maybe he has left something that could help me to trace who did the crime. And if you have it, I would like to have the name of the officier responsable of the investigation of that crime. I suppose he has already inspected every thing on the crime site, so I will try to see what he has found"

"That will be fine," she says. She finishes up your paperwork quickly. Standing, she picks up her things, and starts towards the door. "We should get a move on -- it's getting late, Mr. Ford."

Remove ads