B.P.R.D. Issue #1 "City of Night"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sgt. Michael Camden "Ace" HP's: 1 [1 Lethal Hit]

"Close, kitty, yer getting too close!" Michael called out. "What's everyone's status? Everyone but Andy and Paul that is, I can see them."

For a third time, Michael stepped away from the cats as best as he could, and fired. Michael concentrated on those attacking him, then fired on the one on Xavier, who might be able to help the casters as well.

OOC: Defense: Applying Dodge to all opponents = Defense 26. Offense: 5 Attacks [Auto-fire, Rapid Shot], Attack base of (+7 = +6 base +5 dex, +1 Point Blank, +1 Attack Focus – 6 + Precise Shot [No penalty]), Rolls of 4, 14, 18, 11, 9 for Totals of 11, 21, 25, 18, 16. Damage save, if necessary: 20 = (Base +11 Roll + 8 + Vest +2 - 1 lethal hit already).

Karl Green

First Post
Updated Round 2
The Red Knight still needs to make a Damage save!

Kongming fights off the stunning affects of the bite and fires at the cat over him, but the cat is to fast and the shot misses!

Round 3 Initiative
26 – Michael
19 – Paul and the ‘Cheetah’ things
16 – the Red Knight
15 – Kongming
10 – Andy
9 – Lia
6 – Christopher (last round, jammed the door as best he could with his shotgun)

Michael yells out and cuts into the cats again…
Damage saves vs. the Attack that hit, the first shot missed, the second shot, Damage save total miss it by 2, takes a hit, third shot hit, Damage save misses by seven; shifting to the last cat on him, four shot hits, Damage save total misses by 11; shifting to the one on Xavier, misses
…and while the two cats on Michael exploded into dust, two of his shots miss!

Paul chants and the form of the Seal starts to reform and fix itself…

...while the two Cheetahs left hiss some and attack! The one on the Red Knight jumps at his back (but no more flaking bonus) and tries to bite into this flaming armor…
Attack roll 26 to hit, the Red Knight needs a damage save (so you need two saves, one from last round, one this round). Damage save for the cat misses by 9!
…and while it bites down into the armor, the flames are too much for it and it burst into dust!
The last cat pounces at Christopher, ignoring the prone Kongming…
Attack roll 22, a hit! Christopher needs to make a Damage save
…biting at his leg

The Red Knight tries to slam a fist in the last cat, that is on Christopher but miss

Kongming can fire at the cat if he wishes to this round, but it is in melee so he will be at misuses firing into melee.

BUT with Andy’s voice the Seal seems to fill in even more, forming almost a solid design. The last cat howls and seems to brake apart and falls to dust…. there is a thunderclap outside and the voice of Azah can be heard by all “You will not deny me! The power is mine… the world is mine… the future, the past, all mine…AHHAHAA…” and a huge black tornado seems to ripe the roof off of the doomed palace. Wind howls into the room… and then a scream “NNNOOOOO…” and the tornado seems to recoil and retreat from the Seal, even only partially formed.

As the pair continue too chant, the cracks that were forming on the crystal that covered the queen seem to ‘heal’ or reform.

There is another thunderclap and the doors to the palace blow up… the dead that were walking this way fall to the ground… another tremor passes through the ground and the Seal reforms before you all. For a second, all the noise stops… the clouds in the sky that were breaking apart seem to grow angry again and it begins to again grow dark.

The group retreats from palace and once again in the landrover races from the city as darkness again starts to claim the area. The gates seems to be closing… slowly but steadily as the landrover races through them, past the mech body of Sterne that remains rested on its side, the corpse of the mad scientist trapped inside his metal tomb. Outside, the night’s sky again is going black and dull without stars or form. The desert is flat and without features. The camels left outside are fleeing as fast as they can back the way that you first came here… all feel a bit of confusion starting to come upon them… the seal has been reform… the city again is lost... and safe… from those who would exploit it.

After a few moments the landrover emerges into the sunlight… while only a few hours seem to have past within the City of Night, outside of it realm of influence, many hours have obviously come and gone… looking back, you see the mirage like heat wave slowly fade into the distance.

The City of Night is lost, as it should be…

END ISSUE #1 CITY OF NIGHT

[see BRPD OCC for notes and stuff in a second as soon as I have time]

Drakknyte32

First Post
Red Knight damage saves (Not counting 6 ranks of Protection)
1st save: 19+12=31 :D
2nd save: 10+12=22

Christopher damage save (Not counting 1 rank of Protection)
1st save: 3+2=5 :(

Karl Green

First Post
The Red Knight easily makes both rolls with out problems...

Christopher however fails his save by 12, and is disabled during the retreat of the city... but he is still alive (and Xavier save at least help him)

Remove ads