XP: 3225

Str: 15 (+2) [8 points]
Dex: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Con: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Int: 10 (+2) [2 points]
Wis: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Cha: 14 (+2) [6 points]

Class and Racial Abilities:
Speed 30 ft, 1 extra feat, 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level, Aura of Good, Detect Evil, Smite Evil 1/day, Divine Grace, Lay on Hands

Hit Dice: 10+1d10(half)+4(con)
HP: 19
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 armor)
Init: +2 (+2 Dex)
Speed: 30ft

Saves:
Fortitude +7 [+3 base, +2 Con, +2 Cha]
Reflex +4 [+0 base, +2 Dex, +2 Cha]
Will +3 [+0 base, +1 Wis, +2 Cha]

BAB: +2
Melee Atk: +6 (+2 base, +2 Str, +1 masterwork mercurial greatsword, +1 weapon focus), Damage: 2D6+3, Critical x4.
Ranged Atk: +4 (+2 base, +2 Dex)

Skills:
Bluff: +7 (5 ranks, +2 Cha)
Handle Animal: +7 (5 ranks, +2 Cha)
Perform (Stringed Instrument): +4 (4 cc ranks, +2 cha)
Concentration: +3 (1 rank, +2 Con)

Feats:
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Mercurial Greatsword, Weapon Focus: Mercurial Greatsword

Languages: Mergovian

Equipment:

Masterwork Chain Shirt [200 dr]
Masterwork Mercurial Greatsword [500 dr]
Lute [5 dr]
Belt pouch [1 dr]
5 Sunrods [10 dr]
Holy Symbol (Silver) [25 dr]
1 Tanglefoot Bag [50 dr]
2 Thunderstones [60 dr]
49 gp

Appearance: Telic is shorter than average, fairly thin, with sandy blond hair a blue eyes. He carries a large greatsword slung over his back in a travel stained sheath and generally wears a dusty cloak which might once have been white but is now tan from mud, dust, and wear. The cloak has a few colorful patches in it where it wore out and was mended.

Personality: Telic is a very likeable person, good natured and kindly. He is quite rash, and prone to leap into battle without considering the odds if someone's personal freedom is at stake. His time on the road has left him with a large collection of stories which he brings out at the slightest provocation. Underneath his laughing exterior however, Telic is fanatically devoted to the cause of liberation, willing to fling himself headlong into any situation to rescue people. His chaotic nature has occasionally gotten him into trouble with the Gaurd, but rarely on any serious offence.

Background: Telic's parents were never known to him, as his mother, too poor to support him, left him on the doorstep of a temple of olidamarra. Raised in the company of such people, Telic developed an intense devotion to the cause of freedom. Being raised in a temple (however undevout it might seem at times) left him with profound religious convictions, and so rather than becoming a more "traditional" disciple of Olidamarra (read: rogue), he decided to devote his life to the ideals of freedom through a more holy path, and took up a sword as a liberator.

When he was 17, after having been on the road "fighting the good fight" for about 2 years, he fell in with a group called "Daedalus," a wandering circus which served as cover for a group of anti-slavery fighters composed mainly of rogues. He worked with Daedalus for 7 years, ostesibly as a hostler and bodygaurd for the circus, in reality providing the muscle for some of their operations.

Some trouble with the gaurd involving a death led the organization to temporarily break up, going a little lower profile for the time to avoid notice. Telic has taken up the life of a wandering singer since then as cover for his activities.

Note to DM: Telic can be placed anywhere the campaign will start, because he is a wanderer at heart. He may know (or be known by) either of the militia officers, as he has both worked with the militia to free captives and been arrested for various offences in his work.

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Lalqualm Lomelindel ("Dusksinger")
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair: Reddish brown
Eyes: Green

Str: 16 (+3) [6 points]
Dex: 16 (+3) [6 points]
Con: 12 (+1) [6 points]
Int: 12 (+0) [6 points]
Wis: 8 (-1) [0 points]
Cha: 15 (+2) [8 points]

Class and Racial Abilities:

Hit Dice: 2d8+2
HP: 14
AC: 17 (+3 Dex, +4 armor)
Init: +3 (+3 Dex)
Speed: 30ft

Saves:
Fortitude +1 [+0 base, +1 Con]
Reflex +3 [+0 base, +3 Dex]
Will +2 [+3 base, -1 Wis]

BAB: +1
Melee Atk: +5 (+1 base, +3 Str, +1 masterwork longsword), Damage: 1d8+4, Critical 19-20/x2.
Ranged Atk: +4 (+1 base, +3 Dex)

Skills:
Bluff +7 (5 ranks, +2 charisma)
Knowledge: Geography +3 (2.5 ranks cc, +1 intelligence)
Perform: Storytelling +7 (5 ranks, +2 charisma)
Intimidate +9 (5 ranks, +2 charisma, +2 synergy from bluff)
Concentration +6 (5 ranks, +1 constitution)

Feats:
Combat Reflexes

Spells:

Spells per day: 5/3

Spells known: (4/1) 0-Light, Daze, Detect Magic, Arcane Mark 1- Enlarge Person

Languages: Mergovian, Elven, Axyrian

Equipment:
Masterwork Chain Shirt (250)
Masterwork longsword(308)
3 Throwing Axes (24)
Composite Longbow (100)
20 arrows (1)
2 daggers (4)
2 Potions of cure light wounds (100)
3 scrolls of color spray (75)
1 scroll disguise self (25)
13 gp

Appearance: Die komen sie!

Personality: Die komen sie!

Background: Die komen sie!

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Thomas, not to meddle, but don't wood elves have -2 charisma to balance out the +2 strength? Also, I believe we're using 32 point buy, not 28.

Last edited:

Kangaxx

First Post
Ferrix, you have a few design flaws in there. First of all, the hit die dependent abilities of the feral template (fast healing, darkvision, etc.) are dependent on racial hit dice, not class levels, just like any other monster racial abilities. Whether or not you can even take the template without having any racial hit dice is something I spent awhile debating with one of my friends, but we never reached a definitive conclusion. In any case, the benefits it gives for +1 LA are absurd. Second, neither toughness nor roll with it are fighter bonus feats. Third, did Darkmaster even say we could use Savage Species?

And shaky and inattentive as flaws? I'll leave it at that.

DarkMaster

First Post
Kangaxx said:
Ferrix, you have a few design flaws in there. First of all, the hit die dependent abilities of the feral template (fast healing, darkvision, etc.) are dependent on racial hit dice, not class levels, just like any other monster racial abilities. Whether or not you can even take the template without having any racial hit dice is something I spent awhile debating with one of my friends, but we never reached a definitive conclusion. In any case, the benefits it gives for +1 LA are absurd. Second, neither toughness nor roll with it are fighter bonus feats. Third, did Darkmaster even say we could use Savage Species?

I agree I would prefer if he would stick with the core dwarf

Ferrix

Explorer
Kangaxx said:

The feral template can be applied to any humanoid or monstrous humanoid whether they have racial hit die or not. Actually the special attacks are racial hit die dependant, the special qualities (fast healing and darkvision) however are not, if you read closely you'll note that. He said WotC books, savage species is a wotc book, that's who I always thought produced it.

One thing I did miss is toughness not being a fighter feat, that can be changed. That's the only thing that I messed up. It used to be in 3.0 I think, and all the greater versions of it dwarves toughness, giants toughness, masters of the wild lists as fighter bonus feats. Wonder why they changed it.

Last edited:

Kangaxx

First Post
The special qualities description doesn't specify what hit die types are required. I believe they're supposed to work like any other racial ability in the book, but I guess that's just me. I'm sorry if you felt my previous post was harsh, but something irks me about a 1st level character with 6/- DR, 27 AC, and fast healing. It ruins game balance. In my opinion, Savage Species as a whole ruins game balance. The feral template (along with the insectile template and some of the spells) is the clearest example of why I don't think it should be used in most campaigns.

Ferrix

Explorer
Kangaxx said:
The special qualities description doesn't specify what hit die types are required. I believe they're supposed to work like any other racial ability in the book, but I guess that's just me. I'm sorry if you felt my previous post was harsh, but something irks me about a 1st level character with 6/- DR, 27 AC, and fast healing. It ruins game balance. In my opinion, Savage Species as a whole ruins game balance. The feral template (along with the insectile template and some of the spells) is the clearest example of why I don't think it should be used in most campaigns.

Right, it doesn't specify what type of hit die because it means any type of hit die. A 2nd level character anyways. The point of the character was to soak up damage, he's not as crazy a damage dealer as possible nor is he much good at anything but soaking up lots of damage. That touch AC of 10 hurts, so does weighing in at about 400+ lbs. with gear, and you won't see him dodging lightning bolts anytime soon. He's exceptionally good at one thing, that's about it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases