The hero of Mergovie

DarkMaster

First Post
Kangaxx said:
The special qualities description doesn't specify what hit die types are required. I believe they're supposed to work like any other racial ability in the book, but I guess that's just me. I'm sorry if you felt my previous post was harsh, but something irks me about a 1st level character with 6/- DR, 27 AC, and fast healing. It ruins game balance. In my opinion, Savage Species as a whole ruins game balance. The feral template (along with the insectile template and some of the spells) is the clearest example of why I don't think it should be used in most campaigns.
I have to agree with you that DR 6/- 27 AC and fast healing is quite impresive for a second level, My other concerns is that you might get bored with me playing (and probably many other DM) with a character that is just good to soak damage, as much as I would be interested to test this concept in a few combat I don't see much RP possibility with him and would prefer If you could make a new character.

Sorry

Ferrix

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
I have to agree with you that DR 6/- 27 AC and fast healing is quite impresive for a second level, My other concerns is that you might get bored with me playing (and probably many other DM) with a character that is just good to soak damage, as much as I would be interested to test this concept in a few combat I don't see much RP possibility with him and would prefer If you could make a new character.

Sorry

*shrugs* i thought he would be quite fun to roleplay, i'll post up a replacement dwarven fighter I guess then.

DarkMaster

First Post
Ferrix said:
*shrugs* i thought he would be quite fun to roleplay, i'll post up a replacement dwarven fighter I guess then.
Ferrix, it doesn't have to be a soaking tank. Feel free to propose another interesting concept.

DarkMaster

First Post
Ferrix said:
I read it carefully and it seems to apply to creature, the favorite class is barbarian and even if there is no mention of alignement they are clearly chaotic beasts. I feel it doesn't fit the Dwarven fighter type at all, especially one that wants to become a Dwarven Defender

Ferrix

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
I read it carefully and it seems to apply to creature, the favorite class is barbarian and even if there is no mention of alignement they are clearly chaotic beasts. I feel it doesn't fit the Dwarven fighter type at all, especially one that wants to become a Dwarven Defender

Wasn't shooting for dwarven defender but oh well, i thought it would easily fit the rough and loud dwarven type.

Ferrix

Explorer
Dai

Daithi'Rah
Lawful Neutral Monk 4/Druidic Hunter-Avenger 1

Height: Six feet, two inches
Weight: 175 lbs.
Eyes: Dark brown almost black
Hair: Dreaded black hair, very straight
Skin: Dark brown almost solid black

STR: 16 [+3] (10 points)
DEX: 16 [+3] (10 points)
CON: 14 [+2] (4 points, +2 enh)
INT: 10 [--] (2 points)
WIS: 15 [+2] (6 points, +1 level)
CHA: 8 [-1] (0 points)

Hit Dice: 5d8 + 5
HP: 30
Armor Class: 16 (10 base + 3 Dex + 2 Wis + 1 Class)
Initiative: +3
BAB: +3
- Melee: +6
- Ranged: +6

Speed: 60’

FORT: +8 (6 Base + 2 Con)
REFL: +7 (4 Base + 3 Dex)
WILL: +8 (6 Base + 2 Wis)

Abilities:
- Monk Bonus Feats (dodge, mobility)
- Flurry of Blows (-2)
- Unarmed Strike (1d8)
- Evasion
- Still Mind
- Ki Strike (magic)
- Slow Fall 20 ft.
- Fast Movement +10 ft.
- Whirling Frenzy 1/day
- Fast Movement +10 ft.
- Wild Empathy (-4)
- Favored Enemy: Human +2
- Track
- Unarmored AC

Feats:
1st Level
- Two-Weapon Fighting
- Dodge
- Deflect Arrows
2nd Level
- Mobility
3rd Level
- Weapon Focus: Kama

Traits:
- Quick (+10 ft. move, -1 hp per level)

Skills:
Perform (dance) +3 (4 ranks, -1 Cha)
Jump +22 (5 ranks, +3 Str, +12 speed, +2 syn)
Tumble +13 (8 ranks, +3 Dex, +2 syn)
Balance +10 (5 ranks, +3 Dex, +2 syn)
Escape Artist +13 (8 ranks, +3 Dex, +2 style)

Languages:
- Common

Druid Spellcasting:
Caster Level: 1
Save DC: 10 + 2 Wis + Level
Spells Known or Available:
Oth level – (3/day) Fire Eyes, Light, Flare
1st level – (2/day) Ram’s Might, Lesser Vigor

Equipment:
Melee weapons
- Unarmed +6 (1d8+3, 20/x2)
- Magic Kama +8 (1d6+3, 20/x2) (?gp, 2lb)
- 2 Masterwork Kama +8 (1d6+3, 20/x2) (302gp each, 2lb each)
- Masterwork Spear +7 (1d8+4, 20/x3, 20 ft.) (302gp, 6lb)
- Rattan Staff +6 (1d6+4, 20/x2) (-gp, 4lb)

Ranged weapons
- Sling +6 (1d4+3, 20/x2, 50 ft.) (0gp, 0lb)

Miscellaneous Magical
- Magical Silver Ring (?gp, -lb)
- Amulet of Health +2 (4000gp, -lb)

Potions
- Cure Light Wounds (50gp)

Wands
- Cure Light Wounds (3/5chg) (75gp, 1oz)
- Entangle (4/5chg) (75gp, 1oz)
- Produce Flame (3/5chg) (75gp, 1oz)

Scrolls or Infusion
- Lesser Vigor (50gp)

Mundane equipment
-Monk’s Outfit (gp, -lb)
-Pouch (18 bullets) (2sp, 9lb)
-Sack (1sp, .5lb)
-Rations (4 days) (2gp, 4lb)
-Waterjug (1gp, 4lb)

Weight Carried: 33.5lb
Remaining money: 2gp 9sp

Appearance: Tall and lithe like a dancer, Dai (as he prefers being called) wears very little. A pair of loose beige pants contrast with his dark skin and his hair is long and worn in dreadlocks capped with metal. A pair of rattan-handled kama are secured to his waistband. He carries over his shoulder a rattan-staff with a sack attached to the end of it which probably holds whatever belongings he needs to survive.

Background: Brought up under the tutelage of his villages druid, Dai took decently to the life of a druid. He however preferred the martial dance which the village prided itself upon. Able to call up an incredible flurry of speed, he learned to dance swiftly and powerfully. At the age of sixteen he took up the life of an adventurer and struck out to earn his own place within his village when he someday returned.

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
Ferrix, seems Ok, where can I find the druidic avenger? I just want to understand how his ability works (I guess in UA). Also I have a hard time finding a way to introduce him in the story. Druids are the priest of the Barbarian in this world, but that could not explain the monk part. So I will have to make you come from a distant country ( This will give me a good opportunity to complete this world ).

So tell me, how did you or will endup in this village? If you don't come up with something, I will, but I don't promess it be very credible.

Ferrix

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
Ferrix, seems Ok, where can I find the druidic avenger? I just want to understand how his ability works (I guess in UA). Also I have a hard time finding a way to introduce him in the story. Druids are the priest of the Barbarian in this world, but that could not explain the monk part. So I will have to make you come from a distant country ( This will give me a good opportunity to complete this world ).

So tell me, how did you or will endup in this village? If you don't come up with something, I will, but I don't promess it be very credible.

Sorry 'bout all the trouble making a character, so many ideas in my head at once it's hard to just shoot for something simple.

Druidic Avenger/Hunter are changes to the druid which can be found unearthed arcana.

Here's info on the basic druid and then the modifications from druidic avenger and hunter (at least that's what i call it cause that's how they describe it, it doesn't have an actual name)

Basic Druid:
Nature Sense
Wild Empathy
Woodland Stride
Trackless Step
Resist Nature?s Lure

Druidic Avenger (variant)
Intimidate instead of Diplomacy
Wild Empathy -4
Can?t cast summon spells spontaneously
No Animal Companion
Fast Movement +10
Rage 1/day ? (using Whirling Frenzy rage variant)
Tireless Rage @ 17th level

Hunter (variant)
Lose armor and Shield Prof.
Lose wild shape
Bonus to Armor Class (as monk, including Wis) (don't know if it stacks with monks wisdom to AC, up to you, in the character it's currently not stacked)
fast movement (as monk)
Favored Enemy (as ranger)
swift tracker (as ranger)
Track feat (as ranger)

Whirling Frenzy rage variant replaces the standard rage benefits with +4 str, +2 AC & reflex saves, +1 attack/rnd all attacks at -2 (basically balances out to +0 w/enhanced str); otherwise the same as rage

I'm thinking he's from a more african or south-american type land, tribal but not savage northern european barbarian savage type. I was picturing the druid aspect as partly shamanic.

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
Ferrix said:
I'm thinking he's from a more african or south-american type land, tribal but not savage northern european barbarian savage type. I was picturing the druid aspect as partly shamanic.
The character is finally approved. I like the idea of an african or south-american, what about a slave runaway?

Ferrix

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
The character is finally approved. I like the idea of an african or south-american, what about a slave runaway?

ummm... okay, but he probably would have nearly gotten himself killed when someone tried to enslave him, so it's probably something he doesn't speak of. also as long as he doesn't have a brand or some permanent mark that shows he is a slave, if he would have he'd have cut off the skin where there was one and there is now a scar there. he probably escaped slavery by killing someone, so he might be wanted by certain people.

Remove ads