Demons/daemons/devils, New/Converted

Pants

First Post
KL said:
Interesting fiends...

Anyway, I am working on a demon generator, inspired by the hordlings in Dungeon magazine.

One idea for it is that for every HD the demon has, it is allow to select an ability from one of the following categories: Defense (increased AC, SR, energy resistance,immunities, uncanny dodge, damage resistance), Special physical attacks (additional natural attacks like gore, bite, trample, pounce, rake, rend, improved grab, poison claws, bites, etc), supernatural abilities (frightful presence, breath weapon, gaze weapon), spell-like abilities (self explanatory, although lower HD demons have access to lower level spells and spells of higher level are limited to a number of uses a day, access to certain psionics may be possible), miscellaneous (enhanced senses like see invisible objects, scent, racial skill bonus, bonus feats, etc), enhanced ability scores, gain a subtype (fire, ice, water, etc).

The demon may also take a weakness, like vulnerability to some form of attack, or a penalty in one of its ability scores, in return it gets to select an ability from the above categories.

That's it for now....gotta go to work!
You might want to take a look at the Xxyth from Denizens of Avadnu. They're pretty much exactly how you described your demon generator. At the very least, it might give you some ideas or save you some work. :)

KL

First Post
Denizens of Aavadnu

Pants said:
You might want to take a look at the Xxyth from Denizens of Avadnu. They're pretty much exactly how you described your demon generator. At the very least, it might give you some ideas or save you some work. :)

Where do I take a look at that??

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Oy thanks :)
I got lost in the demon threads and forgot to check there. I even found shades versions...
now I need to find some other way to put off studying.

Edit: Bugerit - I just realized that my homebrew uses NE versions of Brass, Copper, Bronze and Gold dragons, not the chromatics, I am going to have to stat up my own.

Last edited:

Remove ads