(OT) Star Wars proto-stormtrooper

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Hey, you never know...

Maybe stromtroopers really did kick some ass in the beginning. By the time Skywalker and his pals rolled along, the 'Troopers weren't all that great anymore, they just were just slightly above average and banked on the old reputation.

Thorntangle

First Post
SW:ANH-ROTJ Stormtroopers are like the typical Taliban soldier. "Our massive expansionist empire has buggered your people but good. We continue to expand faster than Starbucks so join us as cannonfodder or you and your family bend over and prepare for more buggery."

hong

WotC's bitch
Thorntangle said:
SW:ANH-ROTJ Stormtroopers are like the typical Taliban soldier. "Our massive expansionist empire has buggered your people but good. We continue to expand faster than Starbucks so join us as cannonfodder or you and your family bend over and prepare for more buggery."

Remember that in SW at least, there was a reason given for why the stormtroopers were so seemingly lousy: they were told to let Luke, Han, Leia et al escape. They then kicked some serious booty on Hoth, although (of course) the heroes escaped. It was only in ROTJ that things got silly.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Jack Haggerty said:
I dunno...

In my games, 'Troopers are 2nd level Soldiers, instead of 3rd level Thugs.

"An entire legion of my best troops" indeed!
But not those that appear in the movies, right? :D

Remove ads