College of Metahumans [Closed]

Dark Nemesis

First Post
You have powers. They could come from magic, or a mutation, or even a mechanical device. Perhaps you have used your powers before, to help others or to help yourself. Or perhaps it is enough simply to know that you are more than the average Joe.

What began as just another day quickly changes when you receive the invitation. Contained within a plain white envelope, bearing no return address is a piece of cardstock. The card reads “Congratulations! As a result of your unique abilities and outstanding achievements, you are eligible for a scholarship to attend the College of Metahumans. As a part of the application process, a representative will be available to discuss the details of the scholarship at the following location.” Included is a date, time and location, and is signed by someone named William Pike.

The Game
I am looking for four to six players for a Mutants and Masterminds game. The majority of the action will take place in either the United States or Ireland, at the prestigious Greenwood Academy. The story will begin as each character receives his or her invitation.

The Rules
Character selection will not be by first come, first served basis. I would like to choose players based on their character as well as the quality and detail of their background. Though the story will not be set specifically in the Marvel or DC universe, you may use characters from those comics in your background.

Characters will begin play at PL 10, and powers should follow some sort of theme. Skills can be bought at 2 skill points/1 pp.

Any questions? Anyone interested?

Last edited:

Acid_crash

First Post
I'm interested. I'm always ready to go for a good MnM game. :D

Let me think of a good concept, but how detailed do you like backgrounds, and could you give a hint to the kinds of characters you want to pick for the game?

Rybaer

First Post
Count me as interested as well. Will come up with a concept or two as quick as possible.

Any hints as to the flavor or style of the game? Aside from the metahuman college setting, that is.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Wow! a game open for recruitment! I was afraid I would never see another one!

I'm definitely interested as well, since I'm an avid comic reader, and I haven't got the chance to test MnM yet. (I have another 'superhero game going on, but it uses BESM d20).

I'll work on a simple concept, but I'll wait the info people requested to finish it, ok? :)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Yeah, I'm interested, I have a concept around somewhere, it involves a bit of tweaking of the rules though (let me see if I can find it).

Radiant

First Post
*sneaks in and waves*
wow the board is exploding with M&M games. I don't even have old character ideas left to reuse so I guess I have to come up with something new for a change.
Means interested :)

Rybaer

First Post
Potential rough concept:

Young woman, just after high school graduation, is brutally attacked by something. The nature of the attack is such that it affected her psyche, and the incident itself is a blank in her memory. During the attack, however, her powers manifested and she was able to defend her body by separating her spirit and mentally assaulting her attacker. (This is about as much detail as she has been able to piece back together after the fact.)

The attack left her in bad shape - her spirit cannot properly connect with her own body any longer. When she occupies her body, it feels like an empty husk, and she is only capable of moving her eyes. Doctors initially thought her paralyzed but there is no physical damage. Her mind, likewise, is fully functional.

Powers include Astral Projection, along with some Telepathy (communication only), Mental Blast, and Possession. She has some ability to enter and control the bodies of others, but for some frustrating reason she still cannot regain control of her own. She is fairly charismatic, a good leader, and an eternal optimist in spite of the hardships she has endured. Believes her problem to be a psychological one and has started studying the subject in hopes of helping to undo the condition.

Relies on an independent benefactor to sponsor her medical costs - essentially 24 hour nursing care to move her, change feeding IV's, bathing, and monitoring.

Will put more detail and numbers behind this later this morning or this afternoon, pending on further details about the game.

Acid_crash

First Post
A brief concept:

A young man of around 22 years old trying to go to college after being schooled either at home or in mental institutions for much of his life. For the longest time he had recurring nightmares, as far back as he could remember. These nightmares were always of spiders, and they caused him to fear spiders. He was raised by a single mother, who really didn't know what to do, or so it seemed, and for many years he was in and out of mental institutions. They couldn't figure out a way for the nightmares to end. Many times he would wake up screaming, sweaty and scared. Once he tried public school, but that lasted two weeks in the third grade. He was home schooled or tutored while in institutions up until he was eighteen years old, when the nightmares suddenly stopped.

For a couple years he was able to live a normal life, met a girl, got a job, and was trying to fit in with the 'real' world. When he was twenty one, his mother died. He fell into a great depression, and the nightmares came back. He would lose sleep, his girlfriend left him, and for a while he was at a loss.

[These nightmares he would have was spider related, in some form. Some were of him being chased by swarms of spiders, others were of one spider trying to capture him. Others were of this guy who could become a spider and chase other people. Others were more normal, but there was always a spider watching, as if waiting for him.]

Then, he got drunk one night at a party. He wanted to break the depression, got desperate, and when drunk fell into a deep slumber. When he woke up, he woke up to a house full of dead people. Mutilated bodies, some recognizable, others not, he didn't know and couldn't remember. The bodies were as if some kind of creature, or creatures, ravaged them. In his dream, all he could remember was when he was a kid and a bunch of people picked on him, pushing him around, and in the dream he got revenge by finding a bunch of spiders and throwing them on the bullies.

He ran from the house, terrified, and ran home. In a heated frenzy of the most heinous hangover he had ever had (in this case the only one, so it is the worse he had ever had), he let loose a scream that would have woken the neighbors had he lived next to any. In the mirror he saw his body then shrivel into hundreds of tiny spiders, and his senses were able to see in all directions. With much concentration he was able to form the spiders into a condensed humanoid form, like a giant spider/man shaped person.

This was two months ago, and he has moved to a different town where he isn't recognized. Occasionally he still has a nightmare, but this time it's of something just watching him, as if from a distance. (Is this idea cool for a background/character?)

Background info - his mother was raped by a man who was a werespider and she didn't know she had latent mutant genes that never manifested, and both their DNA's happened to be spliced together in their son.

Power manifestation - obviously, he can change into a swarm of tiny spiders and form them to look like a humanoid shaped werespider person. He can shoot a web, see in all directions, has amazing reflexes and perhaps increased speed. When he gets mad or mentally stressed there's a possible chance he can lose control of his powers and his body could change involuntarily.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases