College of Metahumans [Closed]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Wow, that was quick. I usually take longer to think of a concept . . .

Character Concept:
Proton - character has density increase tied to shrinking. The smaller he gets the more density he has. That's about it for the major powers.

As far as the background . . .

He's a high school wrestler who, as part of the hazing to join the team, had to slip into a power plant and bring back proof that he was there. He managed to slip in through a delivery entrance and remained unseen. As he explored the plant trying to hide from guards and workers, he stumbled into a side room. Alarms went off and energy coursed through his body. He ran and narrowly escaped.

I haven't decided if he knows about his powers or not. If he's used them then he knows about them.

Keia

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
I would have been interested, but it seems I am already late. I see 7 or 8 persons that have already applied...

Well, put me alternate. Anyway I am leaving for the week-end. At the speed this thread evolve, maybe the game will be already start when I would come back.

Synchronicity

First Post
Well, since it's not necessarily first come first served, I thought I might chip in. I have a concept all worked out: a guy who was subjected to twisted experimentation during his youth, which caused him to manifest super powers. His powers are mostly based around being made into a combat ninja type; Super-Dex, Strike, Combat Sense and a small amout of Regen. There's rather more to it that that, and I can post the backstory and full character write-up if you wish.

Radiant

First Post
Dark Nemesis,
about what age should the characters be?

edit:
and what theme are you looking for? Comic superheroes, bunch of freaks, whatever...

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
I'll chime in too. I'll shoot for something á la Sub-Zero (the Mortal Kombat character). Some martial arts, lots of ice. For a more specific background, the theme of the game itself and the group you'd like to build is needed.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Thirty years ago, a man was looking for a new way for human thought. A well known philosopher and mathematician, Ryan Connelly began making strange dreams, calling him to Nepal, to the high peaks of Himalaya. Unable to resist that urge, he left his home in Galway to follow his visions. He found a weird old sherpa there that was waiting for him, and following his lead he found the secret valley of Shangri-la.
This mystical place, hidden for centuries among the highest mountains of the world, hosts an amazing civilization. The founders of Shangri-la vowed that the city was to remain a hidden oasis of peace where the best achievements of humanity would be kept forever safe, so that they could be a beacon in times of dark. In Shangri-la every art ever known to man is cultivated in its purest form, be it philosophy, music, magic, science or even the martial arts. Every religion stands peacefully beside the others, as they look for truth and enlightment together. All the inhabitants were either born there or received a calling in dreams by the valley's mystics, who are always looking for men and women who wouldn't betray the secret of the lost city, and would understand the ways of the valley. The people of the city believe they must remain hidden and perfect their arts until humanity will be mature enough to welcome their teachings, otherwise they would use the wisdom safeguarded into their amazing libraries as an instrument of war rather than peace, though in times of need a single man is chosen to leave the valley and share his knowledge with the world. To protect their secret, as they learned to slip into the dreams, the valley's mystics also learned how to make people forget about it while they sleep.
Connellly thought that the city was a heaven on earth, and decided to remain there. He told his few friends that he found a new home in a small village in Nepal, and gave them a false address not to arouse suspicion and retired into the valley. He also found love there, and married Nyima, whose family traced back to one of the founders of the city.
Soon they had a son, that they named Gabriel, and they educated him in the ways of Shangri-la, encouraging him to develop at best both his body and his mind, and teaching him how to find peace inside himself, so that it could always guide his actions. The boy grew strong, excelling in the Shangrian martial art, the Rokado, and his parents were proud of his quiet manners, and compassionate ways.
When he turned 20, his teachers deemed him ready to leave the valley to see the wide world outside. He traveled to Ireland, where his father was from, and visited America, that has such a great influence over the rest of the world. It was in New York that he assisted to a robbery, and without even thinking he faced the armed bandits and stopped them, then used the Shangrian healing meditation to cure an injured bystander. He realized too late that he was drawing too much attention, and soon hordes of reporters came to hunt the hero with the healing touch. After then he continued to help people whenever he could, but decided to better conceal his involvement.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Looks like you are accepting auditions, so here is mine!

Jonn Birkey is 24 years old and doesn't know what to do with his life. On his way home from National Guard duty his car breaks down and he is knocked unconscious by a meteor that hits the earth. A few weeks later he realizes he has the ability to move and control rocks and dirt with his mind. After some practice he gets comfortable with it and tries fighting crime. He gets a rush out of doing this but feels like he is still not meeting his potential.

Rough concept, obviously. I will have the details worked up this weekend.
Unless I get cut before that. =0(

Nuke

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Wow! Thanks, everyone, for all of the interest. I can already tell that it is going to be a tough decision. Okay, on to answering the questions!

-Regarding detail in the background: Obviously, I don't need to know the names of every teacher your character has had from kindergarten to eighth grade. But, I do like to utilize character backgrounds in gameplay. With that in mind, use your best judgment.

-Flavor and style of the game: From what I understand, there are essentially two genres; grim and gritty, and four color. I am not going to be using either of the two extremes. My ideas do have some rather unusual ideas in them, but I would also like to try an add a touch of the modern world as well.

As far as the setting, the college itself is a part of Greenwood Academy, a prestigious boarding school. Though the Metahuman college is geared toward training future super-humans, that part of the curriculum is kept secret from those students who do not have any powers. As such, I would highly recommend that your character have a developed secret identity.

-I will be using the flight maneuverability rules.

-Regarding the characters: I would prefer for characters to be between the ages of 18-29. However, if you really want an older character, I am willing to discuss it on an individual basis.

I hope this information helps! I am looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Remove ads