College of Metahumans [Closed]

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Acid_crash: So far, your character looks fine to me. I would like for you to put it in a format similar to the ones that Rybaer, Synchronicity and Drakknyte used.

Mimic: You can duplicate a person's clothes, but they cannot leave your person. For example, if you duplicate someone wearing a jacket, you cannot take that jacket off.

Mimic

First Post
CHAMELON
Concept/Archetype: Shapeshifter

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 195
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Ethnicity: Caucasian

ABILITIES
STR 14 +2
DEX 18 +4
CON 12 +1
INT 12 +1
WIS 16 +8
CHA 20 +15

SAVES
DMG +1
FORT +1
REF +4
WILL +8

MOVEMENT
INIT +4
BASE SPD 30/60/120

COMBAT
BASE DEF 3
DEF 18
FLAT 13
MENTAL 21

BASE ATT 3
MELEE +5
RANGED +7
MENTAL +6

SKILLS
Balance [4]
Bluff [19/4]
Climb [2]
Concentration [8]
Diplomacy [22/7]
Disguise [26/11]
Drive* [6/2]
Escape Artist [6/2]
Forgery [1]
Gather Info [16/1]
Hide [4]
Innuendo* [16/1]
Intimidate [16/1]
Jump [2]
Knowledge: [1]
Listen [9/1]
Medicine* [9/1]
Move Silent [5/1]
Science: [1]
Search [1]
Sense Motive [10/2]
Spot [10/2]
Survival [9/1]
Swim [2]
Taunt [16/1]

FEATS
Attractive ( +3 bluff/diplomacy)
Connected (knows people who can help)
Dodge (+1 def, or +2 def to one opponent)
Endurance (+4 to endurance-related actions)
Leadership (+1 to all rolls directing others)

POWERS
Shapeshift [+10]
Extra-movement
Extra-shrinking
Stunt - voice mimicry
Mind Control [+10]
Flaw-limited control - Emotion Control
Super-Charisma [+10]
Super-Wisdom [+5]

WEAKNESS

COST
abilities [32]
base att [9]
base def [6]
skills [11]
feats [10]
powers [82]
weakness [0]
total [150]
unspent [0]

Johnathan Thomas was a beautiful baby, everyone said so, he never cried or fussed and everyone told his parents that they were lucky to have such a good baby.

As he grew up he continued to draw everyone's attention. The other kids were drawn to him and wanted to be his friend. He was always invited to the other kid's parties and always had someone hanging around to play with.

As school started he found that if he concetrated he could manipulate the emotions of others, this made it easy to talk the other students into doing his homework as well as talk his way out of tests and detentions. He could have easily been the alpha leader of the school but he liked being the power behind the throne, this continued on thoughout jr. high and high school, he pretty much could do what he wanted when he wanted too but he never abused the gifts that he had (for the most part.)

He realised that he was different from others and that if he wasn't carefull he might draw too much attention to himself. Something he really didn't want, if he could manipulate people this easily, who knows what else is out there.

Close to his 18th birthday something else happened that changed the way he would look at the world, he was hiking through the woods close to his home so he could go bird watching, a hobby he always enjoyed. As he stopped to watch a hawk fly over head, he marveled at the way they could fly and he wished that he could join them.

At that moment his flesh rippled, a hot flash surged through his body and the next thing he knew he was the hawk that he had been watching, he was stunned to say the least, yet he still spread his wings and soared in the air. It was exhilarating, it was breathtaking. After exhusting himself he flew back down the the ground and resumed his normal form. He went back to his home to further explore this new ability. He decided that he needed to help, he sat his parents down and showed them what he could do.

They took it a lot better then he thought they would, they did have their suspicions, so they weren't completely taken by surprise. They realised that some people would try and take advantage of him and had looked into colleges that could possibly help him learn about his abilities as well as give him the education that he needed. They had learned that Greenwood Academy might cater to people like their son, so they sent off a application that hinted at what their son could do.

They waited for a response.

Drakknyte32

First Post
Dark Nemesis what do you think of my character history? Do you think it's good or not? I'm considering dramatically changing it and rearranging several parts but I want to know if you like what I have now before I do that.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Dark Nemeiss,
Here are the stats for my character. Please let me know what you think.
Nuke

Jonn Birkey
PL 10

Height: 6’
Weight: 215 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde, short buzz or flat top
Skin: Tanned

Attributes: [Cost 32 pts.]
STR: 14 +2
DEX: 16 +3
CON: 16 +3
INT: 14 +2
WIS: 16 +3
CHA: 16 +3

Defense: 17 [10 + 3 Dex + 4 Purchased ] [cost 8 pts.]
Initiative: +3 [+3 Dex]

Attacks:
BAB: +5 [cost 15 pts.]
Melee: +7
Ranged: +8
Speed: 30’ [30 Base]

Damage: +5 [+3 Con +2 Feat]
Fort: +3 [+3 Con]
Reflex: +3 [+3 Dex]
Will: +4 [+2 Wis +2 Feat]

Hero Points: 5

Superpowers:
Element Control-Earth: 10 Ranks, Included: Telekenisis-Earth, Extra: Elemental Shield, Shape Element, Flight, Stunt: Create Element, Destroy Element, Elemental Blast, Elementla Snare, Suffocate, Flaw: None [Cost 60 pts.]
Protection: 5 Ranks[Cost 10 pts.]

FEATS: Point Blank Shot, Ricochet Attack, Iron Will, Toughness [Cost 8 pts.]

Skills: [Cost 17 pts.]
Acrobatics +7 [4 ranks]
Climb +4 [2 ranks]
Concentration +7 [4 ranks]
Drive +5 [2 ranks]
Jump +4 [2 ranks]
Knowledge Culture +4 [2 ranks]
Language +2 [Spanish, German]
Medicine +7 [4 ranks]
Move Silently +5 [2 ranks]
Repair +4 [2 ranks]
Science: Geology +4 [2 ranks]
Spot +5 [2 ranks]
Survival +7 [4 ranks]

Final Cost: 32 points (Abilities), 8 points (Defense), 15 points (Offense), 70 points (Powers), 8 points (Feats), 17 point (Skills) = 150 points

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Proton
(Marcus Stevens)
PL 10

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 167 lbs
Eyes: Blue-Grey
Hair: Black
Skin: Tanned

Attributes: [Cost 32 pts.]
STR: 20 +5
DEX: 20 +5
CON: 16 +3
INT: 12 +1
WIS: 14 +2
CHA: 10 +0

Defense: 23 [10 + 5 Dex + 8 Purchased ] [cost 16 pts.]
Initiative: +5 [+5 Dex]
BAB: +8 [cost 24 pts.]
Melee: +13
Ranged: +13
Speed: 30’ [30 Base] / 40’ Flight

Damage: +9 [+3 Con + 6 Power]
Fort: +3 [+3 Con]
Reflex: +5 [+5 Dex]
Will: +2 [+2 Wis]

Hero Points: 5

Flaw: Naive: -5 to Sense Motive (Marcus is a little to trusting of people)

Attacks:

Superpowers:
Density Control: 10 Ranks, Stunt: None, Flaw: No Immovability [Source: Mutation, Cost 40 pts.]
Shrinking: 10 Ranks, Extra: Mighty Mite, Flaw: Linked to Density Control, Only in increase [Source: Mutation, Cost 10 pts.]
Energy Control (Magnetic): 8 Ranks, Stunt: Energy Blast, Extra: Flight, Flaw: Full Power Only [Source: Mutation, Cost 18 pts.]

FEATS: Dodge, Heroic Surge, Power Attack, Rapid Strike, See Invisible [Cost 10 pts.]

Skills: [Cost 12 pts.]

Acrobatics +7 [2 ranks]
Computers +2 [1 rank]
Escape Artist +7 [2 rank]
Gather Information +1 [1 rank]
Hide +6 [1 rank]
Language +1 [1 rank]
Listen +3 [1 rank]
Open Lock +6 [1 rank]
Search +2 [1 rank]
Sense Motive +1 [4 ranks - 5 Flaw]
Sleight of Hand +6 [1 rank]
Spot +6 [4 ranks]

Final Cost: 32 points (Abilities), 16 points (Defense), 24 points (Offense), 68 points (Powers), 10 points (Feats), 10 points (Skills) –10 (Flaws)= 150 points

History (Origin): Like his father before him, Marcus had made his way through life with his muscles. That was all that his parents were concerned about, at least as far as he knew. His father had been a successful wrestler, but a freak accident had prevented him from going on to college with a wrestling scholarship. They insisted that he do well in sports to get a good scholarship and go to college . . . and maybe the Olympics. All other aspects of his life were downplayed. At times, Marcus felt like a show dog more than a son.

With perseverance, Marcus made his parents dream come true. One full ride scholarship to State University, primarily due to winning State Championships in his weight class the last two years. College Wrestling was much more time consuming and hectic, though. His teammates made fun of him and he was the butt of many a practical joke. The topper was a hazing incident which required that Marcus sneak into a nuclear power plant and steal something as proof.

Marcus didn’t think this would be too difficult as his father worked at the plant. Marcus stole his father’s badge and entered the plant on the designated night. He entered without a problem and looked around for something that was unique to the plant. Just when he entered an odd looking room to swipe a lab coat hanging there, the alarms went off and everything went nuts.

Before he knew it, his father was with him saying he had to get out of there. The door sealed and even with both their strength, it wouldn’t budge. Weird glowing light permeated the room and Marcus felt funny. He looked to his father and saw the skin melting away from his face and arms. Horrified Marcus slammed the door with renewed strength removing the door from its hinges. Marcus fled the plant, the lab coat still in hand – he didn’t even realize that he was a quarter of his original height. When he was somewhat safe the shock slowly wore off and Marcus realized his predicament – experimenting he discovered his density, shrinking and strength.

Later that night, at home, Marcus and his mother got word that there was an accident and his father was killed at the plant. The same accident that had given him his wondrous powers had cost his father’s life. There wasn’t even a body for the funeral. The wrestling team passed on the proof considering what happened to his father – after all of that they didn’t even want the lab coat. Marcus kept the coat as a reminder of that day . . . and what price he had to pay for the powers he received.

He spent some of that time trying to redeem himself, using his powers to help others anonymously. He had thought of a code name if he even wanted to go public with them . . . Proton. He was considering whether to do that or not when he received the letter. Obviously, someone had already found out about him.

Personality: Marcus is a horribly shy freshmen in the local college. Only his superior strength and Dexterity (he is a workout freak) have kept him from hiding in corners. When interacting with women, he blushes furiously, and sometimes for no apparent reason – simply nervousness. His shyness isn’t helped by the fact that he is the subject of numerous practical jokes and pranks (as he easily goes along with whatever people tell him). When trying to decide who are leaders and who are followers, Marcus is definitely a follower.

Appearance: Muscular, yet not overtly so, Marcus walks with a confidence in his body. The development of his powers (in secret), has only enhanced his confident. He dresses well for a nineteen year old, wearing Abercrombie or Eddie Bauer as the mood suits him.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
I was just reading over some of the character concepts...which are all pretty cool, by the way.

A minor rules question pertaining to one of Proton's powers came to mind. His Energy Control: Magnetic power has the extra: Flight and the flaw: Full Power Only. Does that mean he can only fly at full speed, or does the flaw only apply to the core power? With the maneuverability rules in place, that could be a rather dicey proposition in a lot of settings.

Just curious.

Rybaer

First Post
In thinking upon my character's backstory, I realized that it was lacking in juicy hooks for building conflict. Taking a page out of the Feng Shui RPG rules, where players are required to provide melodramatic plot hooks for their character as part of its creation, I've done the same. It's tacked on to the end of my background section. They're just suggestions for sparking ideas.

Hmmm...I like it so much that I might require the players of my game to come up with some for their characters...

Remove ads