Undead Hunter Campaign

Fyrestryke

Explorer
Do you guys want to start the Undead Hunter Campaign on the 21st around 4 to 5pm? I figure you guys can play Conan/Board Games/Star Wars/whatever until I get there and then we can play the UHC for a few hours.

Below is the setup I've devised and below that are the odd little rules for character creation.

In the beginning on the 8th year of the 8th age, a summons was sent to all the nations of Inzeladun. This summons called for Undead Hunters (or those who would like to try their hand at the profession) to travel to Lamapacher to help with the growing problem of Undead in the area. Due to the unleashing of several vampires on Faelinar 6, the undead in Lamapacher have been growing in numbers and most seem to be acting as if they had a purpose. Consul Alexander, The Gauntlet of Athena, Marquis of Talishar, The Son of Thunder has decreed that any who help quell the undead threat will be duly rewarded. Details can be obtained from Persephone in the Temple of Athena in Alisander.

Character Creation:

Character Level: 1st

Race: Human only.
Classes Available: Any except Bard, Sorcerer, and Wizard (If the class is from an odd book, run it past me first. The same goes for weird feats/spells too.)

Class Restrictions: If you are a cleric, you may not be a Cleric of Athena. Any worshipped Deities should be of a good or neutral (no evil) alignment. Paladins or other worshippers of Athena are fine.

Alignment: No evil characters.

Background: Feel free to make up a nifty background for your character. One hitch is that you might wanna figure out why the heck you hate undead so much and therefore have a purpose for being in the campaign. ;)

At least post what kind of character you're going to play here, if not a full character sheet listing. That is, if you have time.

Remember, you won't be fighting undead ALL the time, there will be other encounters. It's just going to revolve around the undead.

Expect to gain treasure and fame beyond your wildest dreams. :) Either that or join the ranks of the undead if you fail. Your choice. :cool:

Questions? Comments? Don't wanna play in the campaign? Post away. :)

Last edited:

BobProbst

First Post
Cool Chris. I was wondering whether there would be an unusual circumstance that would allow a nonhuman to be involved in this campaign?

I may not be available for the initial adventure but I see a Barb1/Monk1/RangerX in my future . . . Orc perhaps?

EnderTheElder

First Post
Bored and up to late reading the boards

Questions? Comments? Don't wanna play in the campaign? Post away.

oh Oh OH I wanna to play! Damn, forgot I lived so far away again. But if I was going to play I would play a Cleric of Apollo/Ranger(MC), with the Sun and Glory Domains. He would spec in Archery and turning and take a metric crap load of divine feats! And maybe after a while he would pick up the Sacred Exorcist or Radiant Servant of Apollo Pclass for extra turning power.

Oh, btw I wouldn't be to badly offended if someone took my char idea ;) I have been wanting to play this char for a really long time now and it doesn't look like I am going to get the chance since the only game I play in regularly is the Ingaran Game.

I was wondering whether there would be an unusual circumstance that would allow a nonhuman to be involved in this campaign?
may not be available for the initial adventure but I see a Barb1/Monk1/RangerX in my future . . . Orc perhaps?

Alexander has made several moves to support nonhuman tolerance in Alisander, and although most of his efforts are secret and not publicly known you may be able to use this as a nail to hang a back-story on. Also, if you want and it would help you back story (and most of all if Vince and Fyrestryke clear the idea) I can have Alexander send a message to the orc tribes in Lamapacher requesting an ambassador be sent to Alisander (something I was planning on doing in the future anyway). You could be part of his entourage or something like that?

Oh, and remember all the peoples of Lamapacher consider themselves to be orcs due to the proclamation of Lord Komaaks, so if all else fails you could always play an orc without actually being one! :eek:

Man I need to get some sleep :confused:

Last edited:

Fyrestryke

Explorer
BobProbst said:
Cool Chris. I was wondering whether there would be an unusual circumstance that would allow a nonhuman to be involved in this campaign?

I may not be available for the initial adventure but I see a Barb1/Monk1/RangerX in my future . . . Orc perhaps?

Well, to be perfectly honest, I forgot to put in the human only restriction when I typed the message. :uhoh:

Last edited:

Fyrestryke

Explorer
EnderTheElder said:
Oh, btw I wouldn't be to badly offended if someone took my char idea ;) I have been wanting to play this char for a really long time now and it doesn't look like I am going to get the chance since the only game I play in regularly is the Ingaran Game.

Man, that's an excellent character concept! I wish you could play locally too. Maybe after you're all done with school, you can live here or Indy or Bloomington or something and run your practice or work someplace. ;)

Are you going to goto GenCon?

Fyrestryke

Explorer
EnderTheElder said:
I haven't really thought about it. When is it?

July 22-25. We're all (well, at least two of us) going to the ENnies ceremony on Friday night (the 23rd). Then, nearly everyone will be there Saturday all day (24th). I'll probably be up there a lot as I'm entering the Settlers of Cataan World Qualifiers. I'll probably play some other games too.

thormagni

Explorer
Gen Con dates

Umm, if we're talking about GenCon, it is Aug. 19-22 this year. Apparently there was a conflict with the Brickyard 400.

Fyrestryke

Explorer
thormagni said:
Umm, if we're talking about GenCon, it is Aug. 19-22 this year. Apparently there was a conflict with the Brickyard 400.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, then the ENnies are on the 20th and Saturday is the 21st. :)

Sorry about that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases