(Adventure) Goblin Ears II: Irene at the One-Eyed Owl

Manzanita

First Post
This thread is for the PC Irene, who has separated from the rest of her party, accompanying their newfound friend Jezibel to breakfast. If you are not Venus, please stop reading.

You follow Jezibel around the large boulder, going downhill most of the way, until you are in another warehouse district near the land bridge connecting Monemvasia to the mainland. She leads you to a red-brick with a second floor balcony. In front is a 6 foot pole of wood, carved on top to resemble an owl with an eye-patch. Across the street are several large oak trees.

Upon entering, you see a dank room containing half a dozen tables, The bar stands oposite you as you enter. Behind that is a door with kitchen sounds coming out. A tall half-elf with two long blond braids stands behind the bar. To the left is a small stage and a stairway going up. Next to the stairs is a door marked "Privy." An open table provides a clear view of both doors.

"Go on and sit down, Irene. I'll order us some grub." says Jezibel, and she glides through the people to the bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene nods and hurries to the open table, and takes a seat, keeping her eye on both doors. She tries to take a glimps of what's happening around the room.

Manzanita

First Post
Jezibel glides up to the bar. She looks happy here and waves at various folks in the bar. While standing at the bar she sees a ratty little man and her eyes open with apparent glee. She skips to him and gives him a hug and peck on the cheek. Jezibel chats with the man while she waits for the bartender to take her order. When that is done, she gives the ratty little man another hug and comes to the table. The ratty little man goes upstairs.

"Well, Irene. I ordered you some great food. Now, do ye want to ask me about anything?"

Gurdjieff

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Well, Irene. I ordered you some great food. Now, do ye want to ask me about anything?"

"Uhm yeah, a couple of things I think. And as we'll be here a while before my friends find this place I think we'd better make the best of it. First thing that comes to mind, that man over there, is that your friend Drauer you spoke of earlier? Second, and maybe more important, did you know those people in the ally? They seemed to know you, and that you were coming. And finally..."
Irene has a stern look on her face while going for her third question. She takes a small pause, looks if nobody is eavesdropping on them, then asks in a soft voice:
"What are you not telling me Jezibel? I want to help you, and I'm sure my friends will as well, but you'll have to tell us everything. For example, throwing daggers around isn't what normal girls do where I come from..."

Manzanita

First Post
Jezibel

Jezibel takes a deep breath. She looks searchingly at Irene. "You be a real kind girl, ain't you? Yea. That my friend Drauer. As for them in the ally, their lot tried to get me before. As I been sayin', they want to kidnap me for ransom. But me uncle ain't going to pay them nothin', so, "she shakes her head. "Hey, you know, I ain't been to the privy all day. Let me just take a leak 'fore the drinks come. I be right back."

She stands abruptly and heads out the privy door.

Gurdjieff

First Post
When Jezibel goes through the door, Irene stands up and walks over to bar, quickly trying to get the attention of the half-elf.
"Excuse me miss, but is there any way out of the privy except this door in this room?"

Gurdjieff

First Post
Manzanita said:
The bartender is a man, Irene can tell.

"The privy is in a courtyard. Why? Are you planning to sneak out?"

[OoC: woops, thought I read her somewhere... anyway, replace miss by sir in my previous post then]

"I'm not, but I might know someone who is. I think we'll be right back for our drinks."

With those words Irene runs after Jezibel.

Manzanita

First Post
Privy

Irene opens the Privy door and sees a courtyard, a balcony is over her head. There are two small buildings edging the courtyard. One looks like a house, the other is the privy, with two doors, one marked for men, the other for women. Both the doors are closed. The courtyard has an exit onto a quite path. Jezibel is not visible.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene walks a bit around the courtyard, trying to hear if anyone is in the privy. If so, she'll just sit down somewhere in the courtyard. If not, she'll try to see if someone (Jezibel) ran away. Irene will also try and see if there's a way to reach the balcony from inside the courtyard, not especially for Irene, but possibly for Jezibel.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases