[EL] Hidden Epic Level Feats!

Paladin

Explorer
These EL Feats are in Dungeon # 92:

Automatic Silent Spell [Epic]

You can cast any of your lesser spells silently.

Prerequisites: Silent Spell, Spellcraft 24 ranks, ability to cast 9th level arcane or divine spells.

Benefit: You may cast all 0, 1st, 2nd and 3rd level spells as silent spells without using higher level spell slots.
Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Each time you take this feat, the spells of your next three lowest spell levels can now be silenced with no adjustments to their spell slots. Thus, a wizard who takes this feat twice can cast his 0 through 6th level spells as silent spells with no adjustments to their spell slots.
This feat doesn't increase the casting time for spells that normally become full-round actions when cast in metamagic form (including sorcerer spells and spontaneously cast spells, such as a good clerics cure spells). However, since bard spells can't be enhanced with the Silent Spell feat, they can't be affected by this feat either.

Lingering Damage [Epic]

Your sneak attacks continue to deal damage even after you strike.

Prerequsites: Sneak attack +8d6, crippling strike class feature
Benefit: Any time you deal damage with a sneak attack, that target takes damage equal to your sneak attack bonus damage on your next turn as well.

There's a couple of wild shape epic feats as well, let me know if you'd like to see though. There's also Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting if anyone's interested.

Last edited:

thundershot

Adventurer
Perfect two weapon fighting is in the latest DUNGEON, of all places, in the adventure for 20th level characters. It basically lets you use the same number of attacks with your off hand as you do with your regular hand.

Chris

Crothian

First Post
What are the ep[ic wild shape ones? The druid in my party m9ight want to drool over them.

So, the perfect 2-weapon proves that the tempest is just a list of feats given as special powers, that's a shame.

Paladin

Explorer
Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting [Epic]

You can attack with your off-hand as frequently as your primary weapon.

Prerequisites: DEX 25, Ambidexterity, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting (from MotW), Imp. Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Fighting.

Benefit: You can make as many attacks with your off-hand as with your primary weapon, using the same attack bonus. For example a character with this feat and a base attack bonus of +18/+13/+8/+3 could make four attacks per round with his primary weapon and four attacks per round with his off-hand weapon using this base attack bonus. You still take the normal penalties for fighting with two weapons.

Paladin

Explorer
Improved Elemental Wild Shape [Wild] [Epic]

You can take the form of a greater variety of elementals than normal.

Prerequisites: WIS 25, ability to wild shape into an elemental.

Benefit: Your ability to wild shape into an elemental is expanded to include all elemental creatures (not just air, earth, fire and water elementals) of any size you can take while using wild shape to become an animal.

Gargantuan Wild Shape [Wild] [Epic]

You can wild shape into animals of Gargantuan size.

Prerequisites: Ability to wild shape into a Huge animal.

Benefit: You can use your wild shape ability to take the shape of animals of Gargantuan size.

Normal: Without this feat, you cannot wild shape into an animal of greater than Huge size.

Paladin

Explorer
I personally think the Lingering Damage feat has some amazing potential for unheard of damage. Take this into account: a rogue can sneak attack anytime their opponent is denied his Dex bonus to AC. Well, if the Epic Rogue has Improved Invisibility cast on him, ouch. Every attack becomes a sneak attack, and then the next round all that damage occurs again. Then, every attack that round is a sneak attack.....etc. :eek:

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Salutations,

I would hope that at that level the opponents who can survive the initial sneak attack would have ways at hand to deal with invisibility.

FD

Paladin

Explorer
Furn_Darkside said:
Salutations,

I would hope that at that level the opponents who can survive the initial sneak attack would have ways at hand to deal with invisibility.

FD

Me too, but if they don't, they're toast!

Victim

First Post
I think that most intelligent epic opponents (IMHO, all of them) will either have see invis up all the time or they are suicidal or have some secret plan that involves inviting people to attack them.

Look at just about all high level outsiders and dragons - most of the high CR opponents. They all have fun ways of beating invisibility.

Also, later on today before my game session starts, I'm going to be pricing out various See Invisibility items for our 10 - 11th level group. After a battle in which every combatant was Improved Invisible, and after the first round only 1 person (me) on the adventurer team could see invisible. Playing air traffic controller sucks. "All personnel, please delay: your destination will be illuminated via Flamestrike momentarily. Fighter_1 please come about to vector . . ."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases