Anybody up for a good old-fashioned Chaosium rules COC game?

What era?

• 1920s

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Modern (or Delta Green)

Votes: 1 33.3%

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Like it says. Anybody up for this? I have kinda an itching to play this, and I know this is a d20 board, but hey, it's worth a shot. If anybody's up for it, what era? Given that it's Chaosium, I'm sure PC death and insanity will run rampant. ;)

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Decided to reply to you here rather than on the Resurrection City OOC.

Drop me a line with your e-mail; we'll see what we can work out. I'm thinking of scrapping the idea of re-recruitment, in light of Kajamba's advice. Cthulhu might work better with a smaller group, too, in which case I might just stick with what I have. However, I'll leave this open and chalk you in as a definite. We'll see if anyone else responds; if nobody does, I'll run a solo game of COC for ya. Have you played the d20 version of Cthulhu? 'Cause if you have, be warned that the Chaosium version is a bit more deadly. Just a tad. HP-wise, think about being stuck at about 3rd level in d20 COC forever. ;)

But it's not as bad as it sounds. As long as you play it smart, you'll be OK. Like I said drop me a line (my e-mail is dragonfire0129 at yahoo dot com, replace the words with the relevant symbols). I'll try to work up a Chaosium chargen document for ya.

Any preference on era? I voted for myself, I'm partial to Delta Green. That's like a cross of Cthulhu and X-Files.

Last edited:

ShortAssassin

First Post
I have played d20 a few times. I understand (from people I know who played back in the day) that with the older rules if your character lived a week it was time for a party:) I'm good with that, I don't mind. I just love the whole CoC feeling. Like I said, I played a few times and I loved it!

Era doesn't matter to me. I'm as happy playing a WW1 vet as playing a ex-green beret psyops officer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases