Rats!

Scharlata

First Post
Please, can someone tell me if a wererat that applies her Power Attack on her Bite attack not only multiplies her damage bonus from Strength with 1,5 but further multiplies her Power Attack damage with 2,0?

I am sure that the damage bonus from Strength is multiplied with 1,5 as written in the MM 3.5 on page 292 under "Damage". But if I'm reading the Power Attack entry correctly, then you just multiply with 1,0, because you use a natural weapon.

Where can I find the corresponding entry what natural weapons are considered? Light, One-handed, Two-handed? Is there a differentiation?

Kind regards

Last edited:

Scharlata

First Post
Darklone said:
Uhm. Unarmed strikes are light... but natural weapons? Certainly not two-handed weapons.

Thanx for the reply, Darklone!

Because neither PHB nor MM indicate otherwise, I am - in the meantime - convinced that natural weapons are considered nothing special at all - just natural, at the very contrast to manufactured weapons that are categorized as light, one-handed or two-handed. One only "multiplies" with 1,0; BAB penalty = PA bonus!

So, I must admit a serious error to some of my players and must leave now to make it right *mumble, scribble, substract, mumble, scribble* :heh:

Kind regards

If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know!

Depends on what you're doing. I allowed a player playing, of all things, an oversized mongoose, to treat his bite as a two-handed weapon, thus allowing him a decent amount of damage to play with. But I would be reluctant to make it a general rule for all creatures.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases