Crucible of Faith ~ Chapter 1

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Another god such as Azuth? Or do you mean the Mistress of Hiding in Dark Places so her Betters Can't Hurt Her?

OOC: Quillia will know that Kosji is slightly superstitious, and doesn't like naming evil deities, but hides this with deprecating epithets like the above, used for Shar.

"Mistress of hiding in dark places so her betters can't hurt her?" Miria looks confused. "Some turned to Azuth, some to..." she fidgits, "...darker Gods."

OOC: It is a fairly commonly held belief among the educated in the Realms that Gods can hear every time that their name or one of their commonly held titles is spoken, and will listen to the next sentence or two spoken - or the entire conversation if it interests them. So, Kosji's superstition when it comes to evil dieties is not terribly uncommon. ;)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Azuth is Mystra's subordinate, and has domain only over the magic of arcanists. Other deities attempt to usurp Mystra's power, with varying degrees of success.

silentspace

First Post
Keia said:
"Well, that is excellent news, then," Durindal spoke with some relief. "Perhaps we could get some halfling berry pie before you show me to the Ethereal Pantheon Inn."

“Great!” Pumbar says, glad to see the Winged Human has finally come to his senses. “Let’s go!” Pumbar looks around the gate area, before spotting the bunch of street urchins. Riding up, he says "Hail young Ladies and Gents! Could you tell us how to get to the Halfling's Burrow on Market Street? Do you like pie? Have you ever tried Halfling Berry Pie? Is it true you can get Halfling Berry Pie there? How come you're hanging out on the street here? Are you good at skipping stones?"

Pumbar said:
"Hail young Ladies and Gents! Could you tell us how to get to the Halfling's Burrow on Market Street? Do you like pie? Have you ever tried Halfling Berry Pie? Is it true you can get Halfling Berry Pie there? How come you're hanging out on the street here? Are you good at skipping stones?"
The street urchins (most of them human, although one or two look to have elven blood somewhere back in their parentage) stare wide-eyed at Wigglesnout for a few moments, then you are barraged with questions (drowning out everything after 'Do you like pie'). "Does he talk? Can I pet him? Does he bite? Can I have a ride? Does he have a family?..." One boy, who looks a bit older than the rest, pushes his way to the front of the group. "I can 'elp ya find Market Street, sir - for some coppers." He gives you a gap-toothed grin. "We're guides to the city."

Miria nods at Kosji's telepathic words and looks back at Amara. "Azuth also has subordinates who report to Him - and thus, indirectly, Mystra. Also, Mystra is primarily a human Goddess (though many members of other races worship Her), so other pantheons have dieties of magic as well. But of them all, Mystra is the most powerful." Miria whispers another quiet prayer. "I could introduce you to my mentor in the church here, if you wish - she would be able to explain more than me."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Durindal si'Tempus Half Celestial Pal/Ftr/Rog/Sor/Tmp

Pumbar said:
“Great!” Pumbar says, glad to see the Winged Human has finally come to his senses. “Let’s go!”

Durindal made certain all of his gear was in place . . . and away from prying fingers. He followed close behind Wigglesnout and off to one side. He kept his silence and kept an eye on his surroundings . . . the large city made him nervous after so many years at the temple.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases