International Intelligence Institut [Taking alternates]

Velmont

First Post
History:
Year 1967:
This year will be never forgotten by humankind. Two main event happen that year. The first man walk on the moon and the first mutant walk on earth. Puppeteer, that was the name the Washington Post gave him, and that is the name most people know him. Jimmy Guardia had the ability to control the minds of people. He took the White House in hostage, he wanted a ransom for the president. The commando team was all neutralized in a few moment, and became the body guard of the puppeteer. It was a crisis. No way to stop him. So Terry Sullivan, FBI agent, was chosen to bring the money he asked. When he met the Puppeteer, many shots was heard. Both the puppeteer and Terry Sullivan was dead. It was reported that Terry Sullivan was a mutant too, but his ability was a passive one, his brain had develloped differently. It was supposed that he was resistant to Guardia powers, and so he was able to shot the Puppeteer, before the commandos killed him, last act done under the domination of Jimmy Guardia.

Year 70s:
New mutants appeared in the world. First, they was exceptionnal, but fastly, the become more frequent. After some terrorist act from them, many organisaton was created in different country to control the mutant expension. In america, the Mutant Control Agency is created. His role is to find new mutants, list them and there powers, evaluate the risk they are, and create some action teams to be able to act against a new mutant terrorist.

Year 1981:
A mutant named Rupert Grey found the MUTANT: Mutant Union To A New Time. His organisation is pacific and want to stop the discrimination about mutant. His case is treated by the highest level of justice, and he win. The MCA mandat is change, they will record only the mutant who have broken some laws, and they won't track new mutant.

Years 80s:
The mutant phenomena is stabilizing. About 5% of the world population is affected by mutation. Mutation have been categorize. 90% of the mutants are of Iron class. Iron class mutation are purely esthetic. 9,9% are copper class: There mutation give them minor powers. Some of these mutation include having some new functionnal limb, being able to breath under water, or having very minor powers. 0.09% are silver class. These have weak extraordinary powers. 0,00999% are golden class, with great amount of power. 0,00001% are platinium class. Those mutants have powers to bring down an army at themself, that make about 30 in all the world, and the majority are enlisted in some governement organisation. The most famous one, is nicknamed the Patriot, and is member of one of the MCA action team.

International Intelligence Institut

Generally called the Institut, this Agency is know by most intelligence agency, but almost no one can identify one of his member. This agency is under the responsability of the president itself, and have for mandat to see to advice the president on international matters. Unknown to most, even the other american agency, it was they had to control "the exces" of the earth population: terrorism, drugs traffic, organized crime, industrial spying in sensible domain... and that, all over the world. In other words, all that could, in long term, affect the security of the USA.

The Institut is doing well his job, but with the growing number of mutant, it was normal for them to recruit some. Lately, a new group have been made, and they will soon enter into action.

Recuitment
For this game, I want to vreate a small group: 3 to 5 agent who will be member of the Institut. These mutants would have recieved a training of one or two years, but are mainly people who had some quality in there previous life. Generally, they have been recruited during an operation, as they frequently act with some local authority or civils. When, after the case is closed, the see a good potential, they recruit it. Some are going into training to become field agent, other remain in there posts and stay in contact with the Institut, as they have key position in some organisation.

How to create a potential agent:

I search from 3-4 field agents and 1-2 contacts. Both are created in the same manner, but each have a different advantage:

PL 10

Skills: 3:1 - I encourage to take many skills.

Powers:
Sources allowed: Mutant, Psychic, Science
Limited Source: Training (Not everything may be gained with training. Amzing saves, running and strike are good example of power that can be taken), Super-Science (I may restict too futuristic looking powers)
Forbidden Source: Mystic (Magic doesn't exist, as far as we know), Alien (We are alone in the world, as far as we know)

Forbiden Power:
Cosmic Power, Time Travel

Bonus:

Choose 3 feats: Connected, Minions, Wealth (up to 2 times), Leadership, Skill Focus, Talented. (All restiction are waved for those bonus feats)

Field Agent:
Procuration 5: This allow the field agent to procure itself some gadget. These gadget can be chosen at any moment during the mission, but may take up to 24h to get. An agent may ask up to 5 PP of gadget per mission wihtout any question from the Institut.

Anyone can ask some gadget to the Institut, but you will need a really good reason if you have no procure left (or no procure at all), and it may take more than 24h to get.

Even if only 5% of the population are mutant, there may have

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Velmont, I would be very interested in this... My character is mostly complete, I'll need to rewrite the background, play around with the points.

But basically it will cover the needed healing, sneaky stuff, and be rather charismatic.

Edit: Probably be better as a contact... Yeah that should work nicely. ;)

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Velmont, also if you’re looking at a collected group here there is a weakness in Crooks that you might want to see... It would be hard for anyone to disobey orders.

Here's the write up for it from a previous character...

- Quirk (fanatical): Unknown to Larissa the same serum that unleashed her powers also made it so that she would be unable to disobey the orders of the JCoS. All Weapons capable of mass destructions have positive controls in place to protect the interest of the United States and this is no different.

Basically it requires a Will check verses (DC = 10 + CHA + SUPER CHA) of the one in charge of the orders.

xbrokenxswordx

First Post
I'm still interested and I'm working on a character now. Hopefully have him done at some point tomorrow or maybe Saturday. Going to be a gunslinger type guy, with two-three minor powers.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
xbrokenxswordx said:
Going to be a gunslinger type guy, with two-three minor powers.
Sweet. :) I'm not sure where to category my character... I suspect she should honestly be a platinum class but she would lack the ability to level an army by herself so I suspect she will be a gold. :)

xbrokenxswordx, speaking of gunslingers do you have the new Nocturnal campaign setting that was released as part of the Superlink program? If you do you might want to look at some of the expanded feats.

Velmont

First Post
@Brother Shatterstone: Fanatical is a good quirk, but I may add some circumstance bonus or penalty to the DC, it will not be a simple DC, as there may be events that ask to be fanatical without having official order recieved, they are simple rules follow by all agent, and by so, you would need to follow. And the penalty may come from the position of the person who give it to you. If your boss give an order, nothing surprising, if the leader of the institute or the president give you order, there may be some penalty.

@All: The player will be recruited for the best concepts, and not first come first serve. I will choose the team somewhere next week, depending on the amount of interest and the number of question asks.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Velmont said:
@Brother Shatterstone: Fanatical is a good quirk, but I may add some circumstance bonus or penalty to the DC, it will not be a simple DC.

Nor should it be. :) Any additions to the quirk that you think need to be added works for me. :)

I do think you should give some consideration to making all of the characters take this weakness. It fits the game if you ask me and they had two years to do it all subtle like. :)

Velmont said:
@All: The player will be recruited for the best concepts, and not first come first serve. I will choose the team somewhere next week, depending on the amount of interest and the number of question asks.

I give my full support to this and hopefully mine will be something Velmont likes... I've been told its rather unique more than once... If that's good or bad is yet to be seen... :\

The character is basically done but still needs some work so instead of posting the whole thing I thought I would just post stuff that I know you would want to see now. Anyhow character was pulled from a game that didn’t make it on another board. Anyhow there where numerous people that had to approve the character so I think all of this should be okay but you of course have final say Velmont. :)

NAME INCORPOREAL [+6 pp/rank+11, 71 total] 10 Ranks
- SOURCE: Mutation
- SPECIAL: The serum gave Larissa the ability to control the electromagnetic attraction between her molecules, allowing her to become incorporeal. It also gives her minor control of visible light (a part of the electromagnetic spectrum) such that she can deflect it away from her allowing her to become invisible. Larissa by becoming lighter than the air can slowly float through it.
- EXTRAS: Duration: Continuous, Ghost Touch, Phase Attack, Invisibility
- PARTIAL EXTRA: Immunity: Suffocation, Starvation, and Exhaustion, Flight (6 Rank)
- EFFECTIVE ATTACK: Electricity
- POWER STUNT: Extra Attack: Paralysis

The Extra Attack is a power stunt that is show for the weapon power. (pg. 92)

Things of note:
Paralysis, is not on the list that is shown for this power stunt but it is a touch attack with no range. It was just the best choice for the character and I still think this. Like all of her powers based upon Incorporeal she must be incorporeal to attack with Paralyzation.

NAME SUPER-CHARISMA [+2 pp/rank+0, 20 total] 10 Ranks
- SPECIAL: With the ability to control her body on the molecular level Larissa has rearranged herself to be the pinnacle in attraction that few, if any, can resist.
- EXTRAS: Mind Control, Area x3 (Flaws: Permanent, Limited: Sight Limited: Emotion Control, Limited: One (Attraction)- FLAWS: Restricted: Attraction. This power only works against those who find her attractive.

I know the above looks crazy but it’s relatively simple. What your looking at is flawed Super Charisma, that might not be flawed, but it is also the full cost of Super Charisma.

Why would I this?

Honestly the answer is pretty simple this is the best in character approach to this. I never really liked the flaws that where in the M&M book. I mean not all guys are attracted to women, and not all women are attracted to women. So why should the flaws they present make you immune based upon what your sex is instead of what sex you’re attracted to? So her super charisma, SC, is flaws out that only people who are attracted to women find her to be everything we associate with charisma. To them she’s a natural leader, and a hell of a looker, etc.

So why not just leave it at that?

Well to be honest, I wanted her attractiveness to be so ampped up that even those not attracted to women might pause and be mesmerized be her beauty. (Hence the serious flawed out emotion control… The range of this power is basically what I would consider sight… I wasn’t sure how far it should go or how better to flaw it so it might need some work but right now her “area” of effect is 300 feet. (The length of a football field.) Anyhow, someone not attracted to females would get a will check to resist this.

Permanent? As a flaw?

This is probably the touchiest part of this but this isn’t something she can control, it’s simply part of her… For lack of a better word its “natural.” Now, why this is a flaw instead of an extra? Well simply put this would be a great power to have for like 5 minutes and then your going to get tried of people always gawking at you, hitting on you, or worse trying to force themselves upon you. Remember you don’t control their actions, she might be able to escape via diplomacy based upon her charisma, but if a violent rapist was attracted to you it could quickly become a flaw… So that’s why this is a flaw. It interferes her ability to interact with the normal world.

As for how this would effect other PC... I hope they would take the chance to enjoy the attraction but consider we've spent two years together I imagine its' not as stunning as before and that maybe they should have access to the power immunity... I mean PC are always given there own choice, so they can chose to be effected or totally ignore this effect. It's not like it's domination. :)

NAME HEALING [+1 pp/rank+5, 15 total] 10 Ranks
- SPECIAL: Using her own healthy molecules to replaces though damaged in others Larissa can heal them by taking on their damage which she her body will regenerate back to normal.
- FLAWS: Empathic Healing, Others Only
- PARTIAL EXTRA: Regeneration (5 Ranks)

This simply means she can heal others by using her own body as her own body can heal the damage quicker than they can.

Lastly there was one other effect that she could do with her body that wasn’t really written on the sheet. She could change her eye, hair, and make subtle changes to her skin color, from Nordic pale with no tan to a beach bunny with a tan, because of her ability to control her body on a molecular level.

Everyone knows it’s her, its gives no disguise bonus nor was it a disguise in by itself, it was simply just a byproduct of her abilities. Besides it couldn’t be stated if I wanted to cause of the superpower stacking rules… The +10 to disguise she gets from her super charisma prevents this… So if this is okay I would like to continue this trend. If not I understand but once again it is all FX. (Special effect, no in game effect other than for roleplaying.)

So Velmont, what good to go and what would you like to see fixed?

Last edited:

xbrokenxswordx

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
xbrokenxswordx, speaking of gunslingers do you have the new Nocturnal campaign setting that was released as part of the Superlink program? If you do you might want to look at some of the expanded feats.

I haven't picked it up no. Is it a print book or a PDF? If it's print I'll have a REALLY hard time finding it.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
xbrokenxswordx said:
I haven't picked it up no. Is it a print book or a PDF? If it's print I'll have a REALLY hard time finding it.

It's in print. Green Ronin Pub released it.

Amazon.com

Anyhow if your looking at it only for this game definitely talk to V about it before you buy. :)

Velmont

First Post
@Brother Shatterstone:

Interesting concept... here my comments:

-The source of her power coming from a serum, I am really not sure that would fit, but that's just background, I am sure you can easily come with another explanation. But the work that have been done on the genetic code and the mutation are really not advance yet. no one have yet stimulated in laboratory the gene of mutation.

-Incorproreal: That's seem fine with me. Having Paralysis as stunt is ok, and having the touch flaw make just plain sense, it would be the opposite that I would have seen weird, but I am wondering, wouldn't make more sense to have stun instead. The main difference is, as I see, you are acting on an unusula manner on the electric fields of the body of the subject. So the Fortitude roll make more sense to me. One or the other, take what you prefer.

-Super-Charisma: Why do it easy when you can do it complicated ;) Why just have Super-Charisma, flaw:Attractive. The flaw would have for effect to affect only the persons who could find you attractive, so it wouldn't apply to an homosexual of the opposite sex. If you want, it can give you too anoying people around, but remember you may want some times to keep a low profile. Finally, for the Permanent, the errata make Super-Charisma permanent.

-Healing: Fine here.

-Shapeshift: You could pay a stunt for that. The main advantage I see in that, it is you can you your disguise skill without having to use some disguise kit. No need of new lenses, some hair coloring and makeup. In game terms, I would give you a reduce time lenght to use you skill. If you need to hide in the crowd, it would be a free action instead of a full action. For the impersonnating your usual cover identity, you may take only one minute instead of 10, just the time to dress.

Ok, it make many comments, but as you see, nothing major to change, majority are just suggestion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases