International Intelligence Institut [Taking alternates]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Velmont said:
Interesting concept... here my comments:

Cool, I'm very glad that you like it. :)

Velmont said:
The source of her power coming from a serum, I am really not sure that would fit, but that's just background, I am sure you can easily come with another explanation.
That was a complete mistake as it's simply leftover from an older game... She'll simply be a mutant in this game. :)

Velmont said:
-Incorproreal: So the Fortitude roll make more sense to me. One or the other, take what you prefer.

Velmont said:
-Super-Charisma: Why do it easy when you can do it complicated ;) Why just have Super-Charisma, flaw:Attractive. The flaw would have for effect to affect only the persons who could find you attractive, so it wouldn't apply to an homosexual of the opposite sex.

This is the exact flaw that she is running on her super charisma except that she also has a permanently flawed, for lack of a better word, aura that makes all those that look upon her make a will save or feel attraction to her.

Velmont said:
If you want, it can give you too annoying people around, but remember you may want some times to keep a low profile.
When she's visible its my hope that she wouldn't be able to keep a low profile. Say she walked into a room, all the heads should turn to steer at her in response. She's completely captivating.

Velmont said:
Finally, for the Permanent, the errata make Super-Charisma permanent.

Yes but it doesn't effect mind control/emotional control, which if I remember right is a half action. I'm at work right now, so either later on in the day or when I get home tonight I'll rip the emotional control power out of the Super Charisma so it will be easy for all to see how it works. :)

Velmont said:
-Shapeshift: You could pay a stunt for that. The main advantage I see in that, it is you can you your disguise skill without having to use some disguise kit.

I would be willing to pay a stunt for this but one other thing to run by you is that simply because of her emotional control/super charisma, both of which are written as permanent powers, she should never be able to disguise herself. She could change her entire appearance but because of these powers it going to be completely obvious that the former blonde and now raven blacked haired beauty is one and the same.

So since using it as a disguise is out of the question is it really worth the 2PP? :)

BTW: her control of her hair ends at the follicle, the only part of the human hair that is alive, for her to change her hair color is slightly involved in that she needs to shave her old hair off and then wait about 15 to 20 for her new colored hair to completely grow out thanks in part because of her regeneration. :) (Of course a little trimming to completely remove the old color would probably be needed.)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
As promised here's the emotional aura of attraction that she projects.

NAME MIND CONTROL [+1 pp/rank+0, 10 total] 10 Ranks
- SOURCE: Mutation
- SPECIAL: A perfect physical goddess among mortals the very sight of Larissa can cause attraction in those not normally effected or attracted to women.
- EXTRAS: Area x3
- FLAWS: Emotion Control, Limited: One (Attraction) Permanent, Restricted: Sight

Last edited:

buzzard

First Post
I've been working on a character idea, but I don't know if you'll like it. He's a mutant, but he would have to have existed prior to your listed first mutant appearance. His powers are basically immune to aging and some pretty serious regeneration. He's known as Immortal Man. He is well endowed in physical skills, but a bit lacking in the mental ones as a side effect of his powers. You see hi regeneration works on all of his body including brain cells. Thus they are being replaced at a pretty serious rate. Most basic social skills get passed along, but any serious knowledge ends up becomming very hazy (he will have 1 rank in a bunch of knowledge skills, but that's it) . The physical skills are retained because muscle memory is kep even though those cells are constantly replaced. Pretty much it will be a bunch of BAB and defense and the regen power, also Immune to aging, starvation, disease, and suffocation. His physical skills will be prolific (lots of all of them). I've been working on the numbers on a spreadsheet. I'll let you seem them when I'm teaked the numbers.

He's also been wondering around the world for quite some time. He has a vague reccolections of the past as if he'd seen it personally, but he doesn't really remember anything pefectly if it's any serious time back (even a couple years). The Institute would likely hear of his existance and recruit him. He's likely the source of such legends as the Wandering Jew.

buzzard

Velmont

First Post
@Brother Shatterstone: The permanent flaw wouldn't be an appropriate one. What you want, it would be something more like: extra: Trigger (On view), flaw: Uncontrolled. As the trigger is not something you can perceived (someone in your back would be affected too), it cost 2pp/rank. So, here a suggestion how to build it that do what you want:

NAME MIND CONTROL [+1 pp/rank+0, 10 total] 10 Ranks
- SOURCE: Mutation
- SPECIAL: A perfect physical goddess among mortals the very sight of Larissa can cause attraction in those not normally effected or attracted to women.
- EXTRAS: Area x3, Trigger x2 (on sight)
- FLAWS: Emotion Control, Limited: One (Attraction), Uncontrol, Restricted: Sight, Rangex2 (Self)

And one last thing, if you don't want to be narcissic, take power immunity ;)

@Buzzard: No problem, as long as he is not too old. You can simply forget when he was born and his oldest memory would be about a century ago. You know, I start to have some devious plan for such a character :]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Velmont said:
@Brother Shatterstone: The permanent flaw wouldn't be an appropriate one.
Okay... :)

Velmont said:
What you want, it would be something more like: extra: Trigger (On view), flaw: Uncontrolled. As the trigger is not something you can perceived (someone in your back would be affected too), it cost 2pp/rank.

Okay, I totally agree with the trigger extra. :)

but I'm sort of lost on the uncontrolled flaw as this would mean that the power only works when the DM says so... At least that's how it's written in the book, are you suggesting the uncontrolled flaw as a way to show that she can't turn it off and that its always in effect? :confused:

Also what's the range flaw in there for? :\ Sorry I've looked at it from a few different ways but haven't been able to make heads or tales out of it.

Velmont said:
And one last thing, if you don't want to be narcissic, take power immunity ;)

Yeah that would be a good idea... ;)

Oh and I sent you a PM btw. :)

Argent Silvermage

First Post
I'm interested. as before I'm thinking an ant totem/ gadgeteer type. Considering him to be a contact.
Think tony stark with ant powers (very limited.)

Basiclly super str, con, int protection and a few devices.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Argent Silvermage said:
I'm interested. as before I'm thinking an ant totem/ gadgeteer type. Considering him to be a contact.
Think tony stark with ant powers (very limited.)

Basiclly super str, con, int protection and a few devices.

Wrong Avenger, your thinking Antman, aka Henry Pym, Goliath, Giant Man, Yellow Jacket etc.

Remove ads