International Intelligence Institut [Taking alternates]

Velmont

First Post
@Brother: Showbusiness is pretty fine, I got a good idea of how include such a person into the game... well many manner :]

No one is jail just because he is a threat in America, Canada and EEU. If an intelligence agency find someone who is considered a threat, he will put someone to watch his activity, and will act in consequence.

With the power you describe, you'll be Gold. To give some idea, a Iron class would have some esthetic mutation, maybe one usefull feat, like Amphibious or Extra Limb. Copper would be PL 1 to 3, Silver: 4-7, Gold: 8-12, Platinium : 13+. I doubt you'll be consider higher than that, but can be seen as lower if your powers are weak. Example, someone with combat sense only would be consider copper, maybe silver if he have a good combat training with that, even at PL10. And a human with device stay a human too.

@All: So, to see what we have on list for the futuer recruitment:

Argent: Techno Grasshopper Totem
Buzzard: Immortal amnesic wanderer
Kangaxx: Psychologist Telepath
Brother: Popular Ghost Showbusiness Star
xbrokenxswordx: Gunslinger

To everyone new to this thread, there is some time left and I pick the best concept, so you still have chance.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Velmont said:
@Brother: Showbusiness is pretty fine, I got a good idea of how include such a person into the game... well many manner :]

Great sounds like a plan. :)

Two more questions... sorry :heh:

1] If a mutant child was to become an orphanage with no other family would the government step in and raises it? or would it simply be sent to an orphanage?

2] are we doing the fanatical weakness for the whole group or are we going to pass on it?

Velmont

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
1] If a mutant child was to become an orphanage with no other family would the government step in and raises it? or would it simply be sent to an orphanage?

It depend if your power manifest before or after the MUTANT trials. Before, it would surely be the MCA who would have taken care of you. After, you would have gone into an orphanage, except if you would be a danger to other kids, in that case, an orphanage for mutant woudl have been created.

2] are we doing the fanatical weakness for the whole group or are we going to pass on it?

No, fanaticals are rare, many agent have disobey some order, but everyone knows that agent that turn against there own agency will be track by them, so everyone have a good level of obedience :]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Velmont said:
It depend if your power manifest before or after the MUTANT trials.

Asumming we gaming in 2004 then it would be possible as she wasn't born untill after the court case. :)

Velmont said:
After, you would have gone into an orphanage, except if you would be a danger to other kids, in that case, an orphanage for mutant woudl have been created.

Depending on which powers kicked in first she could have been at risk from others... Say her aura of attraction kicked in first then she would have had no real way to protect herself from kids that lacks morals and that didn't mind how she felt while they dealt with her attraction... (I'm assuimg this issue wouldn't have been ignored and they would have gotten her to a safe place before a rape happend, okay?)

Anyhow this mutant orphanage... What would it have been liked? Would they really allow someone to adopt them? Would anyone really want too? Could these orphanages really have just been cover to start training a mutant at an early age? (at least for non combative roles, something that my character should be able to star at.)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Asumming we gaming in 2004 then it would be possible as she wasn't born untill after the court case. :)

I will make it starts 2004. The trials was in the early 80s, it starts in 81, but I didn't give how much time it takes. It must have been in all media, and the governement should wanted to finish it quick enough to make that forgotten before the next election, so it should have ended somewhere in 82,

Depending on which powers kicked in first she could have been at risk from others... Say her aura of attraction kicked in first then she would have had no real way to protect herself from kids that lacks morals and that didn't mind how she felt while they dealt with her attraction... (I'm assuimg this issue wouldn't have been ignored and they would have gotten her to a safe place before a rape happend, okay?)

Anyhow this mutant orphanage... What would it have been liked? Would they really allow someone to adopt them? Would anyone really want too? Could these orphanages really have just been cover to start training a mutant at an early age? (at least for non combative roles, something that my character should be able to star at.)

Yes, they can be adopted, but the person who are willing are rare, and the condition are greater. First, the kids must not be a danger anymore, he must has learned to control his powers. Even then, he will be followed by a social supervisor and a psy for about 5 to 10 years, or until he gains his majority, to be sure he adapts himself well

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Velmont said:
Yes, they can be adopted, but the person who are willing are rare, and the condition are greater. First, the kids must not be a danger anymore, he must has learned to control his powers. Even then, he will be followed by a social supervisor and a psy for about 5 to 10 years, or until he gains his majority, to be sure he adapts himself well

Right and if no one will adopt them? What happens there? I'm sort of working on a ward of the state angle right now... :) (She’s still a US citizen, and there for free to do what she wants when she comes of age, 18, so she could indeed doing acting or what not, but at the same time they could have prepped her, even unknowingly for the institute. Aka fanatical)

Kangaxx

First Post
Well, I have bad news. A lot of crap has come up in real life in the last few days, and I don't feel comfortable starting a new game right now, when I'm worried that I may have to quit the old ones. So I'm going to have to bow out. Sorry.

buzzard

First Post
Velmont said:
@Buzzard: No problem, as long as he is not too old. You can simply forget when he was born and his oldest memory would be about a century ago. You know, I start to have some devious plan for such a character :]

Somehow I rather expected such. Calinon is rubbing off on you.

I'm thinking of taking something like the naive flaw based on his rather sketchy memory. However I might not. It all depends on the math. I'mm still running numbers. I should have it done in a day or two.

buzzard

Velmont

First Post
@Buzzard: Calinon, having some influence on me? I doubt ;) It's ok for the delay, no problem, anyway, it's look like pretty slow these times for most of the games, so it slow off myself. Too much influence it seems.

@Kangaxx: Sorry to hear that. I hope things will fix themselves fast. If you are interested, I may put on an alternative list, and just tell me when you would come back, new victims... hum, characters to add a little more depth to the game may be good, if all is rolling well.

@ Brother Shatterstone: Orphans are raised by the orphonage, they go to school like everyone if they are considered stable. If not, they have private tutor. When they become major, they will be follow for some time, as if they were adopted. Some who have good powers will be approach by the MCA, as the governement have more easily access to them, so they can join a mutant team.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Velmont said:
Some who have good powers will be approach by the MCA, as the governement have more easily access to them, so they can join a mutant team.
So with her powers, mainly her healing/regeneration, incorporeal and invisibility she makes it seem like she would be an interesting addition to nearly anything but its your game and your organization so do you think that the MCA would go after her? :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases